Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I like Piotr. He's just so rarely used well and made into a credible force. Someone could easily. Give him back the beard and position him more a la Generation Next, and he could lead a squad instead of sitting around moping for Katya.

Im interesting in seeing Jean and Piotr interact again. He was like a little brother to her and their interactions in Gold were always awesome

I hope this is acknowledged

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope they do something with Colossus but he will probably just be there to throw Wolverine and tease domilossus once.
    Many writers just don't care about him, along with Nightcrawler, Colossus is someone who sadly is considered secondary most of the time.
    Even on the brief things we know about this book is all Wolverine, Jean, Beats which is not bad because I like them but we haven't heard anything about Colossus.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-21-2019 at 05:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I like Piotr. He's just so rarely used well and made into a credible force. Someone could easily. Give him back the beard and position him more a la Generation Next, and he could lead a squad instead of sitting around moping for Katya.
    The beard needs to comeback. Piotr is like 200% sexier with it. I'd get him in a new or adapted uniform too. I'm not sure I'd ever have Piotr leading a squad, but he certainly should be much more than just the strong guy on the crew. I'm hoping his role in X-Force has substance, and he isn't written with some of his worst character traits (being mopey and pining after Kitty damn Pryde).

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope they do something with Colossus but he will probably just be there to throw Wolverine and tease domilossus once.
    Many writers just don't care about him, along with Nightcrawler, Colossus is someone who sadly is considered secondary most of the time.
    Even on the brief things we know about this book is all Wolverine, Jean, Beast which is not bad because I like them but we haven't heard anything about Colossus.
    Ugh don't jinx it. If Piotr is there just to do the fastball special, and doesn't hook up with Neena... what even is the point of him being there?
    I'm not sure I would say that Nightcrawler is secondary, but I do think the two have in common that writers don't really know what to do with them, so oftentimes they're just bounced off other characters y'know?

It is sounding like most of these ensemble titles will have character leads, which is hardly surprising, but Logan & Hank being the writers favourites and the primary focus of the narrative just bores me. Jean, Domino & Colossus are the ones I'm interested in. And X-23, who apparently will show up down the line in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    The beard needs to comeback. Piotr is like 200% sexier with it. I'd get him in a new or adapted uniform too. I'm not sure I'd ever have Piotr leading a squad, but he certainly should be much more than just the strong guy on the crew. I'm hoping his role in X-Force has substance, and he isn't written with some of his worst character traits (being mopey and pining after Kitty damn Pryde).

Ugh don't jinx it. If Piotr is there just to do the fastball special, and doesn't hook up with Neena... what even is the point of him being there?
    I'm not sure I would say that Nightcrawler is secondary, but I do think the two have in common that writers don't really know what to do with them, so oftentimes they're just bounced off other characters y'know?

It is sounding like most of these ensemble titles will have character leads, which is hardly surprising, but Logan & Hank being the writers favourites and the primary focus of the narrative just bores me. Jean, Domino & Colossus are the ones I'm interested in. And X-23, who apparently will show up down the line in some capacity.
    The books seems very dinamic. Percy said that one issue follows Domino, sometimes 2 characters;
    while the leads are logan and beast, it doesn't mean they canibalize all the book

BANNED

I wish this was true.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I wish this was true.
    Why do you hate him?
    He is a good person, tall and handsome with a useful powerset

My only problem with colossus is when he decides to talks the word "Katya"
    Glady she isn't on this book

I dunno. From all interviews X-Force sounds the most like a team book for me. Wolverine and Beast may be leaders of each group but I don't expect them to overshine other characters. Even covers for X-Froce focuses on different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    My only problem with colossus is when he decides to talks the word "Katya"
    Glady she isn't on this book
    Yeah. Colossus in Cable and X-Forve were the last time I really liked him.

BANNED

Red was one of the worst comics I've ever read. I can't remember how many times i cringed while reading it.

Comparing it to House of X is like comparing the Ghost Rider Movies to Winter Soldier or TDK.

BANNED

Why do you hate him?
    He is a good person, tall and handsome with a useful powerset
    Whedon should never have brought him back his arc had a satisfying ending. Nothing interesting has been made with him nor Kurt since Claremont first left.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Red was one of the worst comics I've ever read. I can't remember how many times i cringed while reading it.

Comparing it to House of X is like comparing the Ghost Rider Movies to Winter Soldier or TDK.
    so much for not criticizing Hicman x-men?

without the high concepts hickman fall flat, while Red is really good with characters and was ahead of cambridge analitica scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah. Colossus in Cable and X-Forve were the last time I really liked him.
    Colossus was ok on extraordinary x-men, the problem was having go back to Kitty and being written by Guggemheim.

He needs a new fresh direction

BANNED

I dont remember a lot from XMen Red but the attempts at being topical were very cringey. The plot being resolved by literally just copying what Duggan was doing on Uncanny Avengers is embarassing. And inuniverse Jean calling out to the Avengers for support left a bad taste in my moith. + I hated her outfit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    so much for not criticizing Hicman x-men?

without the high concepts hickman fall flat, while Red is really good with characters and was ahead of cambridge analitica scandal

Colossus was ok on extraordinary x-men, the problem was having go back to Kitty and being written by Guggemheim.

He needs a new fresh direction
    Colossus was a Horseman for half of EXM lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    And inuniverse Jean calling out to the Avengers for support left a bad taste in my moith. + I hated her outfit.
    I liked that it basically confirmed what we all secretely knew: if Jean was alive during AvX, she'd Benedict Arnold it up with Logan and Beast.
    Last edited by Maestroneto; 10-23-2019 at 03:59 PM.