Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

James Franco is getting slammed with accusations.

Michael Douglas is accused, but immediately comes out with a strong defense.

Writer Megan Ganz accused Dan Harmon of harassment. After several exchanges both in person and over Twitter, Harmon detailed what he did and acknowledged it all. Essentially, Harmon apologized in the best way possible, which Ganz acknowledged and forgave on Twitter.

No doubt, what Harmon did was shitty, but at least he's showing redemption and hopefully that sets an example on how to apologize -- what Ganz termed as, "A master class in how to apologize." She wasn't looking for money or revenge, just acknowledgement and vindication, and change. It's a very good move on Harmon's part, but I also feel like it's on par with how insightful his writing tends to be.

---

In other news, China's building its own #metoo movement, called #WoYeShi, designed to deal with harassment within their own culture. My experience is very anecdotal, but I started noticing more movies dealing with harassment/assault as the primary plot coming from China about 10 years ago, in particular a couple of Tony Leung's films. I've no idea how long or how many movies have dealt with it, but it's a natural convergence of both #metoo as well as issues within China's own film industry that various filmmakers and actresses have been trying to bring up for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Michael Douglas is accused, but immediately comes out with a strong defense.
    he's a pretty easy target. he has played a lot of amoral individuals. he's also pretty loose in interviews. guess what I'm saying is that i wouldn't be surprised if he had sexually harassed someone. and i wouldn't be surprised if someone was just smearing him.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think that The View is particularly anti-male. And while it's probably inevitable that there'll be people taking advantage or trying to cash in on the MeToo movement, speaking out about sexual harassment isn't the same as man-bashing. There's a big difference between stealing a kiss or being persistent with a girl playing hard to get and locking a door with a co-worker and making them watch you masterbate.
    I think those shows always have an anti-dude vibe to them with most conversations. They'll start talking about some dude that lost in his money in a divorced and they go yes! And it becomes a frenzy.

But as far as your agrression example, I agree.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I think those shows always have an anti-dude vibe to them with most conversations. They'll start talking about some dude that lost in his money in a divorced and they go yes! And it becomes a frenzy.
    I look at a lot of that as just women being catty. Men do the same thing.

"And then the broad had the nerve to take me to court!"

"Yeah...women!"

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Da Boat is an apologist, if not full on MRA.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Eliza Dushku says stunt coordinator Joel Kramer sexually assaulted her during filming of True Lies, when she was 12.

Kramer is still working today, as stunt coordinator for Furious 7 and Blade Runner 2049, also working on TV shows Star Trek: Discovery and Westworld.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I don't disagree with Catherine Deneuve there.

While there are agressions that have taken places for a long time, it sort of feel like some sort of frenzy or glee for some parties to shame men. This has been going on for a while in television in particular. And sometime on shows like the View and so forth, it's like they are ready to hang men on a daily basis. And their audience screams like crazy for it.

And it's interesting that the pushback come from Europe as to me the men hatred element has mainly been American-based. Maybe it's going back to the old New England/pilgrim-based puritanism.
    I think it has more to do with people finally being ready to listen and believe them more than anything. Men in power have been getting away with being assholes for so long and finally people have had enough. Alot of these women feel that FINALLY someone is going to listen and take this serious and that is why they are all coming out. This is not about shaming anyone it is about letting everyone know the kind of shitty things these guys have been pulling and getting away with some for decades.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think it has more to do with people finally being ready to listen and believe them more than anything. Men in power have been getting away with being assholes for so long and finally people have had enough. Alot of these women feel that FINALLY someone is going to listen and take this serious and that is why they are all coming out. This is not about shaming anyone it is about letting everyone know the kind of shitty things these guys have been pulling and getting away with some for decades.
    agreed

Im entirely fine with the tone, this sort of behavior has gone on and been accepted as "thats just the way it is" for FAR TOO LONG

BELIEVE WOMEN, LISTEN

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Da Boat is an apologist, if not full on MRA.
    Yea right. Re-read all my posts.

I'm just saying she brings forth an interesting take. And Americans can be puritanists.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 01-14-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    To me it becomes too much about a man-hating movement almost like window-dressing. Notice Oprah and Streep always defended Weinstein and these Hollywood folks act all shocked that this was going on? And they are all feminist, feminist, female power. The whole Hollywood supported this thing. And notice they never go deeper and talk about the child actors, including many boys that have been victimized. It feels like they want to control this thing to protect themselves. I feel like most of the actors denouncing Weinstein and Spacey so hard is a way of cleaning their hands of things.

Just look at the way Matt Lauer went so hard at Corey Feldman when Corey was talking about having been a victim of Hollywood pedos. Lauer went hard at him cause he had his own skeletons in the closet. Just saying people should have their eyes opens cause some of the people denouncing things may not be clean as a wistle.

Aziz Ansari is under fire.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Fantastic Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...?ocid=U147CDHP

Yikes. It's his opinion, but still.

Also, here's Oprah with some women involved in the Time's Up movement. Check out what they said about reconciliation and forgiveness:
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oprah-w...s-up-movement/

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Eliza Dushku says stunt coordinator Joel Kramer sexually assaulted her during filming of True Lies, when she was 12.

Kramer is still working today, as stunt coordinator for Furious 7 and Blade Runner 2049, also working on TV shows Star Trek: Discovery and Westworld.
    Whether it's true or not, he just finished his last gig. Career over.