Page 143 of 432 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 6479

whew. just amazing

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She has been single for two years, BUT if all Hickman can do is get back to the love triangle I rather let Jean continue to be single.
    This already made Hickman lost points for me, sure that the regressing doesn't help.
    The character need new definitions and fresh blood, all Hickman do is same love interest as ever and 60s personality/costune

I didn't saw any hint at the scott/jean/logan from Percy
    Was she though? I mean, in X-Red she was, but she was with Bishop in AoXMan, and as soon as that was over, went right back to Cyclops.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    LOL not this man relating Storm to "exotic spices" .... nice one. Great description of Jean's voice though

After watching this to revisit some of her portrayals I'd have to say the voice I give her in my head is a cross between Venus Terzo's and Catherine Disher's - Terzo's on its own is "too young" while Disher's is "too old". They also individually capture rquintessential aspects of her character the other doesn't cover, Terzo's crackling with a spunk and sarcasm that Disher's more gently maternal performance doesn't always capture and vice-versa

Hynden Walch's and (to my surprise) Jennifer Hale's sound the least like her voice to me
    Catherine Disher is my favorite Jean Grey voice followed by the actress from X-men Evolution. The actress from Wolverine and the X-men wasn't bad. I wasn't wild about many of the other voices from the various video games.

I will also add Famke Janssen's voice to one of my favs.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Jean wasnt sure if they were mutants

With that said, I did just find this circa OZT, which seems to confirm them as mutants. X-writers really should bring them back

Which issue is that last scan from? I would like to read it. I'm pretty sure I have all of Operation Zero Tolerance somewhere (and the before and afters of some of the books from that time).

I would love for some of Jean's family to return. I kind of doubt it because I'm not sure anyone currently wants to write about Jean or her family, but maybe someone in the future might come up with a story.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Which issue is that last scan from? I would like to read it. I'm pretty sure I have all of Operation Zero Tolerance somewhere (and the before and afters of some of the books from that time).

I would love for some of Jean's family to return. I kind of doubt it because I'm not sure anyone currently wants to write about Jean or her family, but maybe someone in the future might come up with a story.
    X-man 30. It wasnt tagged as OZT bc it was a side story bu the first part of it takes place in Cable 46, which is OZT. Cable finds out that Bastion is going to target the Greys so he reaches out to Nate. Nate agrees to help for Jean's sake and thats what takes place in his series

Nate and Jean had a decent relationship in the 90s. Its understated but she has affection for him and vice versa

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Why I love Jean, this is also why that stunt Hickman pulled in HOX/POX, was and still is so disappointing. I can not for the life of me understand how/why Teen Jean was consistently presented as a big deal. Yet her adult version X-men Red aside, hasn't lived up to that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Was she though? I mean, in X-Red she was, but she was with Bishop in AoXMan, and as soon as that was over, went right back to Cyclops.
    very technically speaking her current relationship status hasn't been addressed..we don't really know what her and Scott "are" right now aside from...implications

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

very technically speaking her current relationship status hasn't been addressed..we don't really know what her and Scott "are" right now aside from...implications
    I mean - Marvel themselves have come out an said that Scott and Jean are married and see each other as married again. I don't see why people still don't believe that.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I mean - Marvel themselves have come out an said that Scott and Jean are married and see each other as married again. I don't see why people still don't believe that.
    that hasnt been stated anywhere in the books which is where I think he was going with it. How are they even married? Is it just a symbolic thing bc thats how they are living bc their marriage was legally dissolved upon both of their deaths. Did they get remarried in the gap? Thats too many questions that have simply not come up and have been actively avoided. The only implication in the books is that they are in some type of relationship but we have been giving zero details

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Bishop and Jean wasn't a relationship at all, it lasted few pages. Yeah she went back to Cyclops, even if the relationship seems dry AF.
    She was also many years dead, so it looks a eternity that she was single

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I actually hadn't seen that, thanks for the FYI. I'm not super invested in their relationship status either way or nit-picky about what does or doesn't constitute grounds for claiming they're together again lol, just wanted to shed some light on how she could still be seen as single

that hasnt been stated anywhere in the books which is where I think he was going with it. How are they even married? Is it just a symbolic thing bc thats how they are living bc their marriage was legally dissolved upon both of their deaths. Did they get remarried in the gap? Thats too many questions that have simply not come up and have been actively avoided. The only implication in the books is that they are in some type of relationship but we have been giving zero details
    exactly. Jean and Scott could just as easily be read as "co-parents", which is strange considering their kids are adults but I digress. There's just such a variety of messaging, like the housewife vibe in X-Men 1, the attached rooms in the Summers house, her heavily implied something with Logan....my take is they're just covering every base because they don't want shipping politics to overtake the actual story being told

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

Why I love Jean, this is also why that stunt Hickman pulled in HOX/POX, was and still is so disappointing. I can not for the life of me understand how/why Teen Jean was consistently presented as a big deal. Yet her adult version X-men Red aside, hasn't lived up to that yet.
    Hickman Jean would probably run away from Magneto lol

I loved Teen Jean's relationship with Magneto. It was so different from her adult self, who hated him. Its a shame that we never got to see her react to Teen Jean being mentored by him.

X-man 30. It wasnt tagged as OZT bc it was a side story bu the first part of it takes place in Cable 46, which is OZT. Cable finds out that Bastion is going to target the Greys so he reaches out to Nate. Nate agrees to help for Jean's sake and thats what takes place in his series

Nate and Jean had a decent relationship in the 90s. Its understated but she has affection for him and vice versa
    Thank you for the info. I do appreciate it.

I actually hadn't seen that, thanks for the FYI. I'm not super invested in their relationship status either way or nit-picky about what does or doesn't constitute grounds for claiming they're together again lol, just wanted to shed some light on how she could still be seen as single

exactly. Jean and Scott could just as easily be read as "co-parents", which is strange considering their kids are adults but I digress. There's just such a variety of messaging, like the housewife vibe in X-Men 1, the attached rooms in the Summers house, her heavily implied something with Logan....my take is they're just covering every base because they don't want shipping politics to overtake the actual story being told
    They aren't telling any story, Hickman is basically trolling the fandom but not telling a story

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Hickman Jean would probably run away from Magneto lol
    She would beg and cry to Magneto spare them.