Page 84 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788941341845841084 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 75153

Why did he open his mouth like that ? Absolute dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/biden-says-...-black-1505982

Keep talkin' Joe, showing your true character.
    His choice of words was bad, but I do understand his intent. What he should have said, or meant to say, was that Trump hasn't done anything good for the Black Communities and that, if Trump stays in office, it will only get worse.

Biden needs to re-watch Obama's speeches and responses to the Press. He needs to remember that, responding doesn't require quick words. Best words are those that are carefully thought out and spoken slow and deliberately and in a way that everyone can understand.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    We're in a real tight spot here, because While Biden is not the best choice at all, we can't afford another 4 years of Trump. Even Biden loses, but Democrats take back the senate, I'm afraid Trump's gonna use scorched earths tactics as a way to make democrats's lives a living hell. We Have to beat him.
    I've said that retaking the Senate is just as important for Democrats as winning back the White House, perhaps morseo. If Dems control the Senate and the House, then Trump is rendered impotent should he win a second term, his agenda, and that of Republicans is brought to a screeching halt, especially when it comes to stacking the courts with right wingers. Trump could rant and rave and throw tantrums all day long, he won't be able to get anything he wants done, and that'll drive him batshit insane.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    His choice of words was bad, but I do understand his intent. What he should have said, or meant to say, was that Trump hasn't done anything good for the Black Communities and that, if Trump stays in office, it will only get worse.

Biden needs to re-watch Obama's speeches and responses to the Press. He needs to remember that, responding doesn't require quick words. Best words are those that are carefully thought out and spoken slow and deliberately and in a way that everyone can understand.
    Someone from Biden's campaign needs to take him aside and tell him in so many words that what he said was stupid and to walk back his comments with all due haste.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Experts Worry Trump’s Hydroxy*********** Claims Could Have Major Consequences

While Trump continues to push the antimalarial medication for coronavirus prevention, doctors fear that Americans will listen. Not just listen, but take the drug and possibly die from same.

Senate Leaves For Recess Without Passing More Coronavirus Relief

A three-week session ended with no new bills passed to deal with the crisis that has caused nearly 100,000 deaths in the U.S.

Democrats Propose Federal Jobs Program For Those Unemployed By Coronavirus

The bill would hire and train recently unemployed workers to fight the coronavirus pandemic, including by tracing the spread of the disease.

Trump Orders Flags To Half-Staff To Honor Coronavirus Victims

Flags on federal buildings and national monuments will be lowered over the Memorial Day weekend to honor nearly 95,00 Americans who have died of COVID-19. About goddamn time Drano Don recognized the victims of the virus, victims HE caused by his fumbling.

Trump Gets Savage Reminder About ‘Lost Month’ Of Coronavirus Inaction In New Ad

Trump is shown playing golf, holding rallies and attending the Daytona 500 in the new spot released by Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell’s PAC.

Trump Refuses To Wear Mask For Public Part Of Ford Tour To Spite Reporters

The president claimed he wore a mask privately but took it off before appearing in public because he “didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.” What a buffoon. Look, I understand Trump's reluctance to wear a mask because his hideous orange makeup might rub off on one, but, by not doing so, he risks getting contaminated, or contaminating others.
    Don't a lot of flags fly at half-staff on Memorial Day to begin with? Since the holiday is to, you know, commemorate soldiers who died in the line of duty?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Someone from Biden's campaign needs to take him aside and tell him in so many words that what he said was stupid and to walk back his comments with all due haste.
    What Biden said makes sense, but it sounds incredibly tone-deaf coming out of a white man's mouth. He needs Obama to come out and clarify this for him. But really, how many times will Obama have to run interference for the gaff machine that is Joe Biden?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Why did he open his mouth like that ? Absolute dumbass
    Because he’s out of touch and gaffe prone and it’s exactly what a lot of us who’s main issue was his ability to close the deal. This is how you create a soundbyte that is drilled into peoples heads for months on end. This is how you take a strength (support amongst black voters) and turn into a weakness (entitlement to support).

Said before here, I don’t agree with his politics that much, but the actual issue I had was I was afraid of his ability to win. This isn’t fucking primary anymore. The black people in the south aren’t winning red states for you. Don’t piss off the urban black vote where you need to win because you can’t keep your mouth shut.

It’s not hard “I hope to earn your vote everyday with my actions”.

He probably thought he was clever and coining something.

Someone put him away and have Obama and some surrogates campaign for him. Most people aren’t paying attention right now. Just coast man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/biden-says-...-black-1505982

Keep talkin' Joe, showing your true character.
    IMO,aside from the headline, the rest of the article didn't portray Biden in a particularly bad light.

I've said that retaking the Senate is just as important for Democrats as winning back the White House, perhaps morseo. If Dems control the Senate and the House, then Trump is rendered impotent should he win a second term, his agenda, and that of Republicans is brought to a screeching halt, especially when it comes to stacking the courts with right wingers. Trump could rant and rave and throw tantrums all day long, he won't be able to get anything he wants done, and that'll drive him batshit insane.
    I absolutely agree.
    If he must win, take away the power of the office.
    It's just good strategy.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 05-22-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    As a black person, I’m pretty offended, while I think some may say he was joking that isn’t a good look. Makes it seem like he’s taking the black vote for granted. I’ll still vote for Biden come November, but I’m much more unenthusiastic about doing so than
    before(and I thought that wasn’t possible for me to be even more unexcited about voting for Biden than before ). Biden has proved me wrong on that front.
    For thsoe black folks who are pretedning to be offended.

All I heard growing up was "vote for whoever is black or DEMOCRAT." White folks were not saying that to me. It was black folks. Blacks who grew up during Jim Crow, World War 1 & 2, Nam and Civil Rights.

So why would I be upset at what Joe said?

Also most black folks don't bother to show up to teh polls unless it's for the Presdiency.

I would be more worried about the Colin Kaepernicks who will use to to say "this is why we DON'T need to vote."

Ultimate Member

I wonder if this is gonna be the norm.

Trump finds himself unable to remember the word 'brains', and throws dog whistles to Nazis all the damn time.

Media: Crickets.

Biden attempts to be hip.

Media: WTF, dude?

Come on. Biden’s ‘you ain’t black’ comment was clearly a joke.

I’m railing about this because of the 18-minute interview between former vice president Joe Biden and the Breakfast Club radio host Charlamagne tha God. What has been described as a “testy exchange” between the popular African American interviewer with 2.1 million Twitter followers and the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee was nothing of the sort.

Believe it or not, Charlamagne is one of the best interviewers of politicians around. He is not shy about telling them at the start that he’s been critical of them, as he did with Biden. Yet, Charlamagne holds feet to the fire without being an insufferable jerk about it, which gives the interviewee room to answer tough questions. That was on display when he pushed Biden on whether the Democratic Party takes black voters for granted; on his support of the 1994 crime bill; on Biden’s assertion that that law “didn’t increase mass incarceration, other things increased mass incarceration”; on why Biden would not atone for his role in the crime bill as Hillary Clinton did on the show four years ago; on decriminalization of marijuana rather than legalizing it, and on the push for a black woman running mate.
    After the staffer’s second try, Charlamagne said, “You can’t do that to black media.” He said it leaning into the camera as Biden said, “I gotta do that to white media and black media because my wife has to go on at 6 o’clock.” Glancing at his watch, Biden said, “Uh oh! I’m in trouble.” Charlamagne laughs and asks that Biden come see the Breakfast Club crew in New York because November is a long way off and they have a lot more questions. “You got more questions, but I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” Biden said with a smile on his face.

When heard in the context of the previous 17 minutes and 21 seconds, you know that Biden is joking around. Perhaps he got a little too comfortable talking to a community with which he has a strong relationship that spans decades. Add to that being the vice president to the nation’s first black president and you know his affinity with black folks runs deep.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For thsoe black folks who are pretedning to be offended.

All I heard growing up was "vote for whoever is black or DEMOCRAT." White folks were not saying that to me. It was black folks. Blacks who grew up during Jim Crow, World War 1 & 2, Nam and Civil Rights.

So why would I be upset at what Joe said?

Also most black folks don't bother to show up to teh polls unless it's for the Presdiency.

I would be more worried about the Colin Kaepernicks who will use to to say "this is why we DON'T need to vote."
    While I don’t think what Biden said was that offensive, and was clearly an awkward joke it does make him look entitled to my vote. Sure; as a black person when your only choices are between Trump or Biden, then yes Biden(policy wise) is objectively the better choice even you think he’s an overall lackluster contender for the presidency but him saying that even as joke clearly shows some arrogance on his part. As I said before, this won’t stop me from voting for Biden because I’m not really voting for Biden exactly is so much as I’m voting against Trump and as I see it four years of Biden is vastly superior to another four years of this president.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

That was stupid, I won't deny that, but Biden still has my vote come November.
    Exactly what the Dems are counting on and why they never fulfill any promises they make.