Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Akuma vs Gill

From what I know Canonically Gill has only be shown beating G and Urien in his story mode in SF5. So the most we know about Gill is he can revive himself and that his brother Urien can't beat him in a fight. Well being able to beat his brother in a fight probably isn't all that impressive.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    From what I know Canonically Gill has only be shown beating G and Urien in his story mode in SF5. So the most we know about Gill is he can revive himself and that his brother Urien can't beat him in a fight. Well being able to beat his brother in a fight probably isn't all that impressive.
    well beating the world president is a great feat.

As of SFV, Urien is portrayed as nigh-effortlessly stronger than Rashid, Charlie, Balrog and Ed.

Him being unable to beat Gill isn't really a bad showing for him so much as it speaks highly of Gill's tier of power.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well beating the world president is a great feat.
    Isn't G, like, the incarnation of the world itself or something Type-Moonish like that?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Isn't G, like, the incarnation of the world itself or something Type-Moonish like that?
    As far as I know, SF lore hasn't actually confirmed what G's deal is at the moment.

His, very brief, story mode implies that he becomes more powerful the more people are united behind him but that's about it.

So... maybe?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As far as I know, SF lore hasn't actually confirmed what G's deal is at the moment.

His, very brief, story mode implies that he becomes more powerful the more people are united behind him but that's about it.

So... maybe?
    *misreads and gets a picture of a bunch of people uniting behind G to backstab him only for it to fail because they've unintentionally made him more powerful*

*re-reads properly*

Aww, that's a lot less fun.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

My main problem with feats from any of the non-canon endings is that there are endings where Dan Hibiki has presumably defeated at least 8 World Warriors and the final boss in games where said boss isn't an explicitly jobbing Sagat, IIRC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    My main problem with feats from any of the non-canon endings is that there are endings where Dan Hibiki has presumably defeated at least 8 World Warriors and the final boss in games where said boss isn't an explicitly jobbing Sagat, IIRC.
    I see nothing wrong with that. Obviously the strongest character in the setting is going to triumph against all comers.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    some believe that he's a earlier version of Q, what with their similar moves and one of G's alternate costumes being eerily similar to Q's. but then again, we know jack all about Q as well, so anything is really likely at this point.

but the easier answer is............he IS the world president.

I say that the SF5 character stories are canon, however the same can't be said for the SF5 arcade endings.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel