Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The same could be said of Wolverine, Kitty, Sunspot, Magik, etc. There's a lot of X characters who would be a lot more interesting if they got away from the X men. Hell, making Shatterstar a landlord for refuges from other universes in his recent mini made him sooooooo much more interesting for me. Same with Domino and Hotshots.
    Wolverine has spent lot's of time away from the X-Men both solo and with other teams. Sunspot recently as well as he was an Avenger and ran AIM. Kitty not so much. I would really like to see Magik spend more time with Dr. Strange or even get a solo with a focus on magic.

As for Storm I would like to see her do something else also, not with Wakanda or the X-Men.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Wolverine has spent lot's of time away from the X-Men both solo and with other teams. Sunspot recently as well as he was an Avenger and ran AIM. Kitty not so much. I would really like to see Magik spend more time with Dr. Strange or even get a solo with a focus on magic.

As for Storm I would like to see her do something else also, not with Wakanda or the X-Men.
    I actually loved Sunspot when he ran AIM and had an Avengers team, and I like it when Wolverine is on other teams. Its why I listed them specifically.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What is an X-Men book without taking an opportunity to show animosity between black men and women..��. Two things guaranteed to never see is regular black on black love, and strong black male mutants leading. The funny thing is I call out anyone to prove me wrong.
    Agreed and co-signed.

X-Men has become a covert neo-nazi propaganda supposedly fighting extremist Nazi's.

When was the last time Bishop led any team?

How many non-whites (Jews are technically Caucasian despite Aryan hatred of them, lol) have led any team in the last 10 years?

Warpath has been a member of Xforce for ages....but has never been allowed to lead the team..I wonder y?

How many ongoing interracial relationships that do NOT involve white men are in the X-Men?

How many ongoing same race non-white relationships are in X-Men?

Look at storm....no different from from a side street harlot.Her fans like her that way.

She continues being a side piece of Wolverine....the very same character who found her unworthy of remembering amongst the loves of his long life in old man Logan during his final moments....again her fans like that!
    Last edited by Besouro; 10-10-2020 at 02:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh ok. well considering 1 day had passed for him, she could have been back sometime day 2 I would assume. so maybe one could argue the urgency made this critical; however, this sword didnt need to be in wakanda it could hsve been anywhere as the item didn't exist prior to this story.
    Exactly.....so it makes u think what was the purpose of this story other than another diss poor ridicule towards Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hell no she wouldn't. not how she came to Wakanda ready to lara croft their a$$es lol
    Now just look at that....she does this in a kingdom with some citizens that worship her as a goddess.

Funny how Marvel nor X-editors will never let BP do exactly this to the X-Men or on krakoa.

I guess even after making $1.3bn box office cash ibeating every xmen movie s not enough to earn respect from the X-writers.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    What is an X-Men book without taking an opportunity to show animosity between black men and women..😏. Two things guaranteed to never see is regular black on black love, and strong black male mutants leading. The funny thing is I call out anyone to prove me wrong.
    huh? theres hardly any black people in X-Men lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I feel like an attack on Krakoa showing how destructive the bad guys are would be great, perhaps showing that real damage to Krakoa itself. As far as I can see, every mutant can be resurrected... except Krakoa itself.
    And the stakes for the rest of the world haven't been really started by the bad guys, either. Do we really know what they want beyond revenge against Apocalypse? What is the state of the mutant / demon alliance? It's still early but there is too much left to be exposed about the bad guys, and I hope it is quickly. There are 22 parts to this for frell sake. Get there soon.
    I don't think Krakoa the land or island will be hurt at all, it is actually seeking the reunion, it was reunited with Arrako the land and I assume it wanted the external gate to be opened because it wants the Arraki back on its soil as Okkara of old.Now one tiny detail people miss or maybe my mind was fooled but in the earlier issues of either House of X or X-Men wasn't Krakoa said to be two land masses one in the Atlantic and the other in the Pacific? I remember that being explicitly indicated on a world map, yet since it has never been addressed was that an editing error? If not then which of the two bonded with Arrako? They better sort this out because if they are two land masses maybe one will fall but Krakoans will take a stand on the other...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    huh? theres hardly any black people in X-Men lol
    Maybe not in the prime team , but with so many side teams and mutants there are plenty of black mutants.I think to her/his point there seem to be fewer adult black mutants to have that kind of inter-relationship dialogue- all I ever see is teen drama Prodigy being flirted with by Cookoos or Bling having the hots for Mercury or it could just be the writers, no one ever stopped creators from writing Joanna Cargill into a relationship with say Bishop but for whatever reason they don't
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-10-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maybe not in the prime team , but with so many side teams and mutants there are plenty of black mutants.I think to her/his point there seem to be fewer adult black mutants to have that kind of inter-relationship dialogue- all I ever see is teen drama Prodigy being flirted with by Cookoos or Bling having the hots for Mercury or it could just be the writers, no one ever stopped creators from writing Joanna Cargill into a relationship with say Bishop but for whatever reason they don't
    It was mid 90's but Synch and Monet
    GrindrStone(D)

Not ever black person dying to see black on black love either. I saw that from my parents. I guess that's the one spot I really veer off I'm interested in love but not really in comics more tv comics u can do without. And I know there is not a lot of representatikn for black on black love but it's not really something I personally care about. I prefer a well written relationship over people being together just because they black.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not ever black person dying to see black on black love either. I saw that from my parents. I guess that's the one spot I really veer off I'm interested in love but not really in comics more tv comics u can do without. And I know there is not a lot of representatikn for black on black love but it's not really something I personally care about. I prefer a well written relationship over people being together just because they black.
    I get that you aren't into it but its odd to not see why it'll be important for other people to see. Also I dont get this criticism ethnic couples get. Like why is it so weird for people to bond over something as big as race to kick start a relationship. For the most part Im 'Token' in my various friends group and this kinda thinking just prevents real life black people from interacting so they wouldn't be accused of this. which makes Zero sense.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It’s not like Storm is getting well-written relationships either...

Astonishing Member

I get that you aren't into it but its odd to not see why it'll be important for other people to see. Also I dont get this criticism ethnic couples get. Like why is it so weird for people to bond over something as big as race to kick start a relationship. For the most part Im 'Token' in my various friends group and this kinda thinking just prevents real life black people from interacting so they wouldn't be accused of this. which makes Zero sense.
    I for one knowing how patriarchal African traditional societies can be find the writing of the last issue disingenuous. T'challa being humiliated by someone going against tradition and taking it without any direct reprimand is ridiculous , just because he's been laying pipe ,he can't lay down the law in his own land?

I've noticed a lot of people go the extra step to put words in other people mouth. I never said i don't see why it's important and i can only speak for me. I prefer no romance and just deep hookups and bed hopping in my comics, romance is secondary. the only true couple i could not image not being together is Reed/Sue, other than that i have no attachment to any couples i just like them ala Rogue/Gambit but when they are not together it's no biggie for me.

And i don't have a problem with people bonding over it but i do have a problem when it comes off like your on the wrong side or there is a side when you aren't stanning a couple together and ignoring everything else that bothers you because well black on black love. Not all black on black love is healthy and as a person with 5 sisters and 4 brothers i have seen a whole spectrum on black on black love and sometimes it can be downright unhealthy and trap some of our females and males in relationship cycles they shouldn't be in or wouldn't if not for community pressure or lack of a more robust dating field.

So while i don't think anything is wrong with it it's not something im clamoring for and usually when people start talking about it my eyes tend to glaze over and roll in the back of my head because it immediately starts to feel like "here we go... someone just put broken glass down to walk over." because the convos can really go either way. It can be a good convo or it can just amount to everything put down to "You can't appreciate black on black love? You don't want black on black love" I don't get how you wouldn't want black on black love." and it makes me feel like "time to step back."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I for one knowing how patriarchal African traditional societies can be find the writing of the last issue disingenuous. T'challa being humiliated by someone going against tradition and taking it without any direct reprimand is ridiculous , just because he's been laying pipe ,he can't lay down the law in his own land?
    No more worse than Tchalla being humiliated in coates run by having Storm offer him up on a platter to another woman because he is a basic man with needs.

And to go further this is a prime example of why i can fall back on black on black love. usually it seems like more is expected of the women inherently in these situations. I know that exists across the board but im talking about my experience.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.