Page 21 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531711215211021 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    My favorite part of this is that you had to edit my absurdly long fighting style description. I almost feel bad for keeping it so long.

...at least we can all be thankful that I shortened the pseudo-japanese name to two words. That would have been confusing to edit.
    And yet, it's still not the longest style name

It's great seeing you again, btw. Life treating you well?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    My favorite part of this is that you had to edit my absurdly long fighting style description. I almost feel bad for keeping it so long.

...at least we can all be thankful that I shortened the pseudo-japanese name to two words. That would have been confusing to edit.
    Not the only thing I ended up editing. Honestly, not sure why I felt like I had to put the fighting styles there in the first place, aside from thinking it'd be cool to see.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    And yet, it's still not the longest style name
    Huh, point. One of the styles actually 3 different styles.

It's great seeing you again, btw. Life treating you well?
    Yeah, I come back here from time to time. Lots of nostalgia tied to this place.

Life...treats me no worse than it treats anyone else, really, so I can't complain. :P

How are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Not the only thing I ended up editing. Honestly, not sure why I felt like I had to put the fighting styles there in the first place, aside from thinking it'd be cool to see.
    No, looks quite good.

If I'd make a change to anything, it'd be to change the "age" to "power level". That would probably make more sense in the long run.

Retired Overlord

Gawd, so many people I haven't seen in ages. Gonna be one hell of a party around here.

Inverse Regenesised

Name: Ajna

Race/Species: Earthling

Height/Weight: 5'5, 138 lbs.

Appearance:

dark complexion, light tan eyes, white hair

Power Level: 62

Style: Si Xiang School: Genbudo
    Genbudo is one of four traditions passed down in the Si Xiang School and is known for being economical,
    direct and efficient. Its focus on delivering strikes in a manner that brings to bear the greatest amount of power
    possible without sacrificing structure or form. Many of its movements and blows have overlapping offensive and
    defensive purposes. Open hand strikes are meant to be used to deflect or trap attacks, and all blocks are
    simultaneous counters.

Genbudo rarely condones the idea of powerful, committed attacks, and deviation from this are considered failures
    on the part of the practitioner that will invariably lead to weak points a skilled opponent can punish. Strength is brought
    to bear not this way but instead by having firm leverage and emphasizing counter attacking against a fully committed
    attacker.

Unlocked Techniques: [Full List]

Genbudo: Snapper
    Ajnaryu: Batteringshell
    Genbudo: Crystal Ball

Items: a pair of steel vambraces, and a chainmail vest
    A drawstring rucksack containing several pairs of clothing along with some knickknacks, a heavily worn
    blue newsboy cap, and a burner phone.

At the very bottom lay a mottled blue gi with matching pants. Both are faded, but a symbol is still clear on the
    back of the gi: a stylized turtle shell in dark red with a bright green and white eye on its shell.

Total Weight: 25 lbs. when filled with all his possessions (vambraces 5 lbs. each, vest 10 lbs., plus misc.)

Special: Empath, an ability that allows Ajna to sense the emotions of others within his vicinity. If
    someone's feelings are very strong and focused on him, though, distance can matter very little. The emotions
    of those surrounding him are like an unending flood that invade and intermingle with his own into an almost indiscernible
    mess, forcing him to either screen his every action as his own or to roll with the flow. Usually Ajna walks somewhere
    in the middle of the two, but has developed control enough to not be overwhelmed in a large crowd.

Caffeine has the odd affect of muting the impact of the emotions but not his sense of them directly.

History
    When the dragon balls of Earth were still young, there lived a people called the Three Eyed. They looked much as
    Earthlings do, varying in height and weight, having fur and others scales, while some had neither. The defining,
    eponymous trait of their race is one remembered to this day, and the one that most clearly set them apart.

This, though, was not where the differences ended. The "third eye" was not merely an additional organ through which
    the Mitsume-jin to view the physical, but to see and interact with the deeper mysteries of Creation. It enabled them
    to accomplish all manner of mystical feat. Some legends go even further, calling them gods.

Their traditions are gone but they have not been forgotten. You children are their legacy.

[a litany oft repeated by the abbot at the Palace of the Western Star]

Ajna grew up in the Palace of the Western Star, a small community in Pazou, far flung from the World Government Capital.
    Rumors in the nearby villages called it a haven for a strange cult who performed rituals up on the mountain. That it was not a palace
    but a place of darkness where screams for mercy and the pleas of children echoed.

Certainly Ajna knew it to be the stone cold truth. Though he had fled before his final initiation, he had grown up amongst their
    followers from a young age. The practices were are as strange as the townspeople believed: since age six he had never slept outside
    of every third day for three hours at a time. Most did not adapt well, and so gossip had spread when on occasion a youthful (or not so
    youthful) practitioner of the Way would, mired in a sleepless lunacy, streak in the moonlight or lose control of their ability
    to use an inside voice.

Driven by a need to find out where he came from, Ajna began to plan to leave before the Rite was performed. None of the boys or girls
    who were there when he had arrived had survived it. The explanations varied but the results remained ever the same: they all had
    disappeared, never to be seen or heard from again.

Perhaps they had lived, and moved on. Many times he fancied that idea himself. But the whispers behind closed doors, the strained faces
    of the adults, led him to believe those were just comforting platitudes. At age twelve Ajna made good on his escape, having stolen all
    the coffee from dry storage and playing lullabies on the loudspeaker, all but the most crafty or stolid were drawn into a restful slumber.

Shortly thereafter the local constabulary apprehended him after a short chase through the market. After having lurked on the stoop of a
    store for two days, drooling and comatose under its covered entryway, the concerned shopkeeper had phoned in the constables. It was not
    long before they drew his story out of him and, though he naively believed them, he continues to regret entrusting them with the location
    to what had become a sort of home to him. The events that unfolded from there on that lonely mountain are writ on his youthful soul in
    blood and frequently turn dreams to nightmares where his eyes and lungs burn as he fumbles blindly in the smoke.

It's been seven years since his flight from the Palace. Seven years since it had been consumed by flame, taking with it everything
    he had known about himself. Unlike some of the youths, he had been adopted into the Si Xiang School at age five rather than at birth.
    He had not been born into their lie. The third eye was just an excuse to gather children, brainwash them, and inevitably use them
    for their own ends. Remembering very little of his time with his real family before his adoption, not even his real name, he has
    continued to search for them despite believing they may have knowingly sold him to a pityless group of monsters. A group of people
    who had grown to his friends, and who he had abandoned in his cowardice to the pityless World Government authorities.

Throughout the past year has seen Ajna merely wandering, trying to keep a low profile in hopes of avoiding the notice of any of the
    lunatics who might seek him. Unfortunately at present his luck seems to have hit rock bottom. Run out of two shack town on a tiny
    island after having arrived only two days before, he's forced to change destinations last minute when a normally reliable captain becomes
    sick the night before they're to set sail for Pazo.

Forced instead into heading further west on the only other ship, a small fishing vessel headed to a rustic port in Kame. Bad luck continued
    to plague him even after making landfall when he's driven out of his rooms at an expensive inn by an infestation of powerful rodents.
    Leaving the town in disgust, practically broke, he is on his way to Dusk where he hopes to finally get some peace of mind.

Other:
    LIKES: caffeinated things (coffee especially), swimming in the outdoors, and being left alone while he's sleeping.
    DISLIKES: monks, authority figures in general, your feelings, being woken up from a nap early
    Has a very active imagination
    Thinks aliens aren't real
    Doesn't believe in any Afterlife
    Didn't know what underwear were until three years ago
    Was a very precocious child
    His ki, when it is visable, is a dark green that leaves gold light trails.
    Prefaces and ends his sentences with "Yo" all the time, yo
    Last edited by IGee; 01-29-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Inverse Regenesised

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Precisely. You caught me being lazy, as I forgot the exact term. Though it's rarely referenced in the series at all, so I guess it's a somewhat forgiveable lapse.

But my mistakes have besmirched mine honor. I shall commit ritual suicide via seppuku forthwith to cleanse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That would be correct, under normal assumptions. (Not saying assumptions aren't normal, mind, but the devil's not here yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by IGee View Post
    Precisely. You caught me being lazy, as I forgot the exact term. Though it's rarely referenced in the series at all, so I guess it's a somewhat forgiveable lapse.

But my mistakes have besmirched mine honor. I shall commit ritual suicide via seppuku forthwith to cleanse it.
    An expert of Fast Edit I may or may not be, but I'm definitely king of the Too Slow Reply.

Now we just need Glads and Kamen and we'll be one big happy family again.

Inverse Regenesised

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Is the world ready for that, though?

Find out next time.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGee View Post
    Is the world ready for that, though?

Find out next time.
    Hm? Are you the reincarnated form of a poster long since dead?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I am the New Kamen.

I'm better.

Love me please.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I am the New Kamen.

I'm better.

Love me please.
    Not enough sexual harrassment.

Miburo would be disappointed.

Not enough sexual harrassment.

Miburo would be disappointed.
    My face is tentacles! I'm pretty much a Japanese fetish personified.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan