Page 220 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270320720 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 16893

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Aureole was a very soft and overly polite lady in the making.

I recall the first time she got blood on her hands from killing something she went catatonic. It required one of Sion's smooth vampire boys to bring her out of it.
    Aureole was such a consistently wonderful person. She was also the character I readily acknowledge would squish Xellos Raveneye like a bug.

Head-canon:

After their fight, Ochazuke and Ishtar never speak again. They just occasionally glance at each other and nod. If anyone ever asks what it's about, to either of them; there will be a long silence before one of them nods, and says simply. "They are." No one ever understands. Then the time comes where someone has to go on a dangerous solo thing, and if they're asked for an opinion they'll select each other (Ishtar picks Ocha, Ocha picks Ishtar). "They are, and that will be enough."

Then they'll probably finish the fight and kill each other or something. I don't know.

But Ochazuke is great.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It's only head-canon until you write it down in the RP thread.

Did someone say regular sparring partners? Because more fights - that take weeks - with more insights and unspoken -unknowable- tensions will invariably happen in future bits of downtime.

Who knows? Some day it'll come to a head.

And he'll drop some ocha over her stony blue rice bowl.

Now breakfast is over, and you're no longer sleeping.

WE'RE HOT LUNCH HELLIONS.

...I need a break

Astonishing Member

Hey, Ocha, that's not true.

Held isn't visiting on a lark! He was forced here!

And he likes earth!

.....Huh, he's the alien who has been on earth longest, huh?

It's only head-canon until you write it down in the RP thread.

Did someone say regular sparring partners? Because more fights - that take weeks - with more insights and unspoken -unknowable- tensions will invariably happen in future bits of downtime.

Who knows? Some day it'll come to a head.

And he'll drop some ocha over her stony blue rice bowl.

Now breakfast is over, and you're no longer sleeping.

WE'RE HOT LUNCH HELLIONS.
    It pretty much writes itself.

Ishtar would appreciate the company and conversation. He might actually understand her when she gets to rambling about her travels, even! What joy, to find a brother-in-arms. To find one who understands, by stripping away everything in his endeavor to see, to hear ... to know that he exists. And in so doing, knows the Truth.

...I need a break
    Ishtar, probably.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Totoma: I don't wordz good, but damn it, I'ma try.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma: I don't wordz good, but damn it, I'ma try.
    Ishtar: *hiding in the distance* To get over the hatred, you must get over yourself ... er ... scrub !

Arx Inosaan

While I meander on responding to the thread and as we all wait for plot, I'll try to mash the archetypes within characters into the box of major Tarot Arcana.

Might be a sign to lay off of Jojo and Persona for a while, but I digress. Here's my interpretation of the archetypes concerning the player characters from what I understand.

----------

The Fool: Chou: He's the reincarnation of the previous Kami's monster and must deal with a new beginning or succumbing to old nature.

The Magician: Adam: Searching to understand the mechanics of this world and other individuals, does so in the most awkward and direct way possible
    &
    The Magician: Kabuto: Successfully reinvented himself from a worker of a hive-mind into a bounty hunter, selling a new image and service for the right price

The High Priestess: Ishtar: On the path to prove her truth, represses her power and thus the expression of true self

The Empress: Meagan: Provides skill and counsel, but the struggles on earth may distract her attention from her people on Chromakai

The Emperor: Sasheem: An ancient power sealed, now disposed to a childlike evil

The Hierophant: Asha'rah: Tends to notice the good in the group, tries to bring them together, searching to recover her memories and reason for being

The Lovers: Erosa: Separated from Etrina, a fragment of her being, full of impulsive decisions

The Chariot: Midori: Eager to fight for justice, but possibly plateauing in power and thus her function looms on her shoulder

Strength: Sarada: High self confidence and great power, masking an unknown fear of not fitting in as a true Saiyan

The Hermit: Ochazuke: Introspective, searching for insight, but detached from much of the world's major goings-on, has a barely repressed vicious side

Wheel of Fortune: Ajna: A victim of several calamities and unfortunate circumstances, ponders his place in these designs, mildly positive he'll turn this around
    &
    Wheel of Fortune: Etrina: Great prodigious pedigree, acknowledged of her talents, accidentally created Erosa

Justice: Totoma: He's struggling with his balance between two halves of nature and heritage leaving him incomplete in asserting himself as a person

The Hanged Man: Zaofan: Life as a thrillseeking wanderer is on hold for a bit, struggles to articulate a proper application as a fighter for justice

Death: Shiro: Life as a lab assistant and healer ended with the modification to combat android, holds on to parts of the previous life, including parts of Midori's memories

Temperance: Slak: left Namek to find something moving and inspiring to bring out the best in him, found Kami's group instead.

The Devil: Koorimaru: His forced better nature is a means to an end, he desires to reclaim his past knowledge as a means mastery, and mastery as a means to power

The Tower: Kai: An upended divine calling caused by a repressed nature and power, now mounting to face a worldly and personal crisis

The Star: Charco: Realizing his personal potential as a Dino-School practitioner and having fun, but will it be enough?

The Moon: Karine: A vampire from a rather kindly background, the dumping ground for Totoma's problems, struggling with losing it in heightened emotional states

The Sun: Chuan: A generally positive guy who knows what he wants to do to gain knowledge, but searching to escape the shadow of his Flan Master

Judgement: Jack: His life with the bandits is over, and he would endeavor to do good, but he still struggles to overcome his worse nature and let the past go.

The World: Held: Kami forced him way out of his comfort zone, yet he's carved out a niche for himself on Earth (Also I ran out of cards)
    Last edited by grampagen; 02-06-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That is great, GG. I dig that a lot.

Now then, time to showcase a bit of Skyfall.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Yes yes yes!!!!!!!!! (Agrees with them all.)

...dammit, I forgot Ajna, sorry IGee. But perhaps this a blessing in disguise, he is a (not) Three-Eyed-Man unbound to fate.

edit: If I had to place him I suppose he'd be the Wheel of Fortune, as he's down on his luck and cast rather adrift...let's just pop that in there *ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    That is great, GG. I dig that a lot.

Now then, time to showcase a bit of Skyfall.
    Last edited by grampagen; 02-06-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I agree with those, gen. I don't fool with tarot cards, but that assessment of Sarada's struggle makes sense.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The High Priestess: Ishtar: On the path to prove her truth, represses her power and thus the expression of true self
    Huh.

This fits rather well.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Helds going to be able to stop time now.

Nice job, GG

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Helds going to be able to stop time now.

Nice job, GG
    Oooh, oooh, ooooh !

Ishtar can actually fight you !

Arx Inosaan