Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Lol he literally asked to get back to appreciate and you both continue to bash Scott. Not all of us who like Scott now hate jean. She's one of my favorite characters along with Scott,but just because I like them doesn't mean I'm going to bash Jean.

I wish people would stop generalizing. Or stop posting in threads about other characters just to complain about them. C'mon people.

Nobody bashing Scott, just saying that he didn't got any short stick on comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Lol he literally asked to get back to appreciate and you both continue to bash Scott. Not all of us who like Scott now hate jean. She's one of my favorite characters along with Scott,but just because I like them doesn't mean I'm going to bash Jean.

I wish people would stop generalizing. Or stop posting in threads about other characters just to complain about them. C'mon people.
    My point is that I used to be a major Jott fan but the attitudes of the writers who were all extremely anti-Jott and never made an effort to hide it PLUS the fandom itself killed my love for the couple. I've said this before a few pages back but I'll need a major revamping of the current direction before I feel at peace with this couple again and I don't see that anytime soon especially under Hickman's pen since he was a Scemma fan. The MCU should sort all this drivel out and send Hickman packing.

I apologize for continuing the Wolverine discussion in this thread. It might seem like I hate him but he's actually a favorite of mine.
    To change the subject, here's a few favorite panels of mine featuring Scott and Jean.

2787db99-7d5e-464c-a088-a60ccce8a61b.jpg
    e090b9e3-a2a3-435b-8c04-6b95e8e9e2ae.jpg
    1a94192b-529d-4b4e-b305-16ce553c7a53.jpg

What issue is that? I know it's after Operation: Zero Tolerance. That was another one of my fav Jott periods and I wish Kelly and Seagle had been allowed to go through with their plans and introduce baby Rachel. I'd like to see Morrison try and retcon that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    My point is that I used to be a major Jott fan but the attitudes of the writers who were all extremely anti-Jott and never made an effort to hide it PLUS the fandom itself killed my love for the couple. I've said this before a few pages back but I'll need a major revamping of the current direction before I feel at peace with this couple again and I don't see that anytime soon especially under Hickman's pen since he was a Scemma fan. The MCU should sort all this drivel out and send Hickman packing.
    That's fine and I understand, but you don't have to take it out on the character. As much anti jott stuff there was,there were still moments and proof that he very much loved jean. It does suck some writers felt the need to tear down one couple to build the other.

So with that we are on the same page. As far as them as a couple again? I think it'll take a lot for core fans of the relationship to be happy again.

Whatever the case I just like to see them all happy which seems to be the case right now

What issue is that? I know it's after Operation: Zero Tolerance. That was another one of my fav Jott periods and I wish Kelly and Seagle had been allowed to go through with their plans and introduce baby Rachel. I'd like to see Morrison try and retcon that.
    It's from Uncanny X-Men #352.

As much anti jott stuff there was,there were still moments and proof that he very much loved jean. It does suck some writers felt the need to tear down one couple to build the other.

So with that we are on the same page. As far as them as a couple again? I think it'll take a lot for core fans of the relationship to be happy again.

Whatever the case I just like to see them all happy which seems to be the case right now
    Part of the issue is that all the problems they had were just glossed over. There was no real discussion between Scott and Jean over what went wrong and any underlying issues they may still have (particularly from Jean because Scott doesn't have much to complain about). And part of the problem for that is that Hickman isn't into character work and he's sidelined Jean as Scott's stay-at-home-wife and she has no other role beyond that.

More like brainwashed Stepford Wives than happy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    It's from Uncanny X-Men #352.
    Thank you!

*comes*
    *looks around*
    *sighs*
    *leaves*

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    *comes*
    *looks around*
    *sighs*
    *leaves*
    What was your take on Jean dumping Scott for Logan in Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows and Jean/Logan and Peter/MJ being the matching power couples?

This is the exact post I was going to write. Thanks, Neocide.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

What was your take on Jean dumping Scott for Logan in Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows and Jean/Logan and Peter/MJ being the matching power couples?
    Hated it.

Jean left Scott because he believed in her. Sheesh.

Hated it.

I haven't read it in a while but what was he angry about then? All I remember is he had some fallout with the Professor and Jean supported him and so did Logan and that's why Logan and Jean became Xavier's natural successors.

BANNED

Hated it.

Yeah that was disgusting, there was also x-men the end and x-men forever where you could see clarmont is still salty about scott and Jean getting back together and being petty about something that happened in 1986 for God's sake!!!

And don't forget that E if for extinction secret wars mini series where Jean killed scott and later confessed her love for wolverine or the even more disgusting what if avengers vs x-men where wolverine and Jean go to the dawn of time and kiss,seriously you can see how much writers hate Scott in outside canon comics and prefer Jean with Logan and you can see that happening in the main line with Jean and Logan who are clearly in a physical relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Yeah that was disgusting, there was also x-men the end and x-men forever where you could see clarmont is still salty about scott and Jean getting back together and being petty about something that happened in 1986 for God's sake!!!

And don't forget that E if for extinction secret wars mini series where Jean killed scott and later confessed her love for wolverine or the even more disgusting what if avengers vs x-men where wolverine and Jean go to the dawn of time and kiss,seriously you can see how much writers hate Scott in outside canon comics and prefer Jean with Logan and you can see that happening in the main line with Jean and Logan who are clearly in a physical relationship.
    c'mon tha ton E for extinction Scott was living with Emma and wasn't loving Jean anymore, that is why he was killed. The story was written by a Morrison's collaborator