Page 63 of 108 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Other than scan people I feel like she hasn’t really played onto the versatility of The Universal Weapon. Everything she’s done so far outside the scanning thing I feel like she could of done without the hammer.

Kinda makes me wish it would stay a little bit longer cause I get she isn’t the focus of the event and the event will probably be the duration of her use of the weapon

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Other than scan people I feel like she hasn’t really played onto the versatility of The Universal Weapon. Everything she’s done so far outside the scanning thing I feel like she could of done without the hammer.

Kinda makes me wish it would stay a little bit longer cause I get she isn’t the focus of the event and the event will probably be the duration of her use of the weapon
    Well, the thing is most of the stuff the universal weapon can do, Carol CAN do without the hammer. In some ways it doesn't add a lot, since Carols normal powers overlap a great deal. So outside of the fun visual of her carrying around a sledge hammer, it's somewhat of a boring upgrade for her.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

‘Captain Marvel 2’: Nia DaCosta To Direct Sequel

https://deadline.com/2020/08/captain...or-1202992213/

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post

I hope she powers up Monica and does her justice

The Candyman reboot looks cool. Not sure how that'll translate to a Superhero movie, but happy to see what happens .

Spectacular Member

So what's the deal with Claremont's run? Is it worth reading?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Well, the thing is most of the stuff the universal weapon can do, Carol CAN do without the hammer. In some ways it doesn't add a lot, since Carols normal powers overlap a great deal. So outside of the fun visual of her carrying around a sledge hammer, it's somewhat of a boring upgrade for her.
    I think Matter manipulation and teleportation are two abilities that neither Carol or her upper self Binary have shown the ability to perform. Everything else as far as I’m aware Binary would be able to mimic if base Carol couldn’t, I’d like to imagine her striking power would be greater as well with a weapon

BANNED

I’m curious if she had a really good pitch or if they’re still on the “we need a female director” kind of thinking. I’m hoping it’s the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    So what's the deal with Claremont's run? Is it worth reading?
    I enjoyed it, no disrespect to Busiek but it’s better then a lot of stuff that came after in my opinion the only runs that hold up to it objectively are Reed’s and Thompson’s so far

I’m curious if she had a really good pitch or if they’re still on the “we need a female director” kind of thinking. I’m hoping it’s the former.
    Why can't it be both?

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Why can't it be both?
    Well ideally it would be both, right? But I'm with MadFacedKid, if the options are having a female direct the film, or going with a male who is a better director, then I'll take the quality every time. I totally support getting more women and PoC behind (and in front of) the camera, but at the end of the day I want a good movie. If the movie is bad, then I don't really care who made it, it's still a bad movie.

But Marvel generally know what they're doing with this sort of thing so I'm not worried. I'm sure DaCosta will do great, and I'm glad they got a woman for the job.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Why can't it be both?
    Definitely fine with it being both, just that I’d op towards the best pitch over everything else. Gender shouldn’t really be a factor in my opinion because ironically you’re still discriminating in a way or excluding someone based off something like gender.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

There's a systematic tendency in Hollywood to choose the white male director but, when a white male director is chosen, people don't go "I hope they didn't choose him because he's a white male." It's a shame the question even gets asked when it's someone else. If there's a reason to doubt the director, bring that up. But why should someone's gender be brought up as a reason for skepticism just because Marvel chose a woman to direct a movie with a female lead.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Candyman reboot looks cool. Not sure how that'll translate to a Superhero movie, but happy to see what happens .
    Candyman trailers do show a lot of promise of creativity. I wish it were out so that we could get more a flavor for her Nia DaCosta's directing style. But if she's good enough for Jordan Peele's endorsement, that's pretty significant. She also directed Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie) in "Little Woods" so no doubt she weighed in as well. "Little Woods" had a central female relationship to the plot so that bodes well for Carol's interactions with Monica and Kamala who are rumored to both be featured in CMII.

https://screenrant.com/captain-marve...role-evidence/
    A commenter brought up the good point that with Kevin Feige having such a strong presence with creative influence in the MCU franchise, Marvel movies have a good bit in support system to help adapt to the Marvel Movie House style so to speak. I'm hopeful that we'll get good character driven material moreso than in CM1.

Digging the Candyman shadow puppet trailer...

Definitely fine with it being both, just that I’d op towards the best pitch over everything else. Gender shouldn’t really be a factor in my opinion because ironically you’re still discriminating in a way or excluding someone based off something like gender.
    Personally, I think in a franchise like Captain Marvel it is important to have a director with a female perspective because these incidents where creators have....how do I say this delicately... missed the mark.

For instance like how the Amazons were portrayed in Wonder Woman vs their portrayal in Justice League

jl vs ww.jpg

WW vs JL.jpg

BANNED

Personally, I think in a franchise like Captain Marvel it is important to have a director with a female perspective because these incidents where creators have....how do I say this delicately... missed the mark.

For instance like how the Amazons were portrayed in Wonder Woman vs their portrayal in Justice League

jl vs ww.jpg

WW vs JL.jpg

Amazons in justice league look like they're in their training gear. The extras themselves liked the costumes.
    The amazons in WW are dressed in battlegear.

They're different ontexts esp since they were sneak attacked.