Page 66 of 210 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

By Bradey Sooter:

Screenshot_20170616-212012.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Two from Meredith Laxton; the first from last October, the second from today:

Screenshot_20170617-155731.jpg

Screenshot_20170617-155528.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Ah, I remember reading New 52 Batwoman. I gave volume 1 a go but just could not get into it. I just never liked the supernatural stuff. She's great in Detective Comics though.
    Superhero shows are trash

That's a bit of a shame. The character arc she went through during Williams and Blackman's run (mainly "becoming less hard-nosed about working alone") is a big part of what makes her position in Rebirth make sense.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I just read Rucka's "Batman: New Gotham volume 1" which collects his run immediately post NML, and I'm really surprised - the character of Abbot, who I have always been really not a fan of in the Batwoman series, was originally one of Ra's al Ghul's soldiers, and his werewolf form is the result of Ra's alchemy, rather than the Religion of Crime.

This makes me like him (as a concept) a lot better. I'll have to reread Elegy at some point and see what Rucka was doing there (I'd probably have to reread 52 as well).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

81st place for May.

Screenshot_20170618-100911.jpg

For reference, the 81st comic in April sold 27,840. So if #3's numbers are around there, it would actually be close to 30k since it was still returnable.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-18-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Ultimate Member

The supernatural stuff is actually what I like about it. It gives her her unique own niche within the Batfamily.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The supernatural stuff is actually what I like about it. It gives her her unique own niche within the Batfamily.
    To me, it stretched her too far away from the Gotham I know and love for me to really embrace her niche.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ultimate Member

If everything is the same, it gets boring/repetitive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I just read Rucka's "Batman: New Gotham volume 1" which collects his run immediately post NML, and I'm really surprised - the character of Abbot, who I have always been really not a fan of in the Batwoman series, was originally one of Ra's al Ghul's soldiers, and his werewolf form is the result of Ra's alchemy, rather than the Religion of Crime.

This makes me like him (as a concept) a lot better. I'll have to reread Elegy at some point and see what Rucka was doing there (I'd probably have to reread 52 as well).
    I didn't actually know he was a pre-existing character!

I already knew about Chase and the DEO, and I guess Mags and Renee, but are any of the other supporting cast from previous stories/runs I should know about?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    I didn't actually know he was a pre-existing character!

I already knew about Chase and the DEO, and I guess Mags and Renee, but are any of the other supporting cast from previous stories/runs I should know about?
    Aside from Bette, I can't recall any offhand.

May's numbers:

Screenshot_20170619-111016.jpg

Better than I expected after seeing the numbers for April's same-placed comic. And I was mistaken about this issue being returnable, so finally the numbers are accurate. As long as it stays hovering around 30k (there are some likely bumps in the future), this is an okay place to be, if not ideal.
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-19-2017 at 09:59 AM.

BW7.jpg

BATWOMAN #7

Written by MARGUERITE BENNETT
    Art by FERNANDO BLANCO
    Cover by BEN OLIVER
    Variant cover by MICHAEL CHO
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.

“FEAR AND LOATHING” part one! When her father, Colonel Jacob Kane, realized that Kate would never become the soldier he wanted, he chose someone else to lead his secret paramilitary group, the Colony. That man—Colony Prime—hates nobody on Earth the way he hates Kate…and the feeling is mutual! So when the two of them are stranded in the Sahara Desert, heavily dosed with Scarecrow’s fear toxin, with no way to survive except to rely on each other…they might just choose death instead!

On sale SEPTEMBER 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

I'm giddy right now. This sounds awesome.

Also:

RHatO14.jpg

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #14

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
    Art by JOE BENNETT
    Cover by MIKE McKONE
    Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Bizarro Reborn” part one! Bizarro is back and he’s better than ever! He’s stronger, he’s faster and now he’s a genius! As if that weren’t enough to deal with, things only get more complicated when the Outlaws find themselves in the crosshairs of the one and only Batwoman, who will stop at nothing to take down the infamous Red Hood!

On sale SEPTEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+
    Last edited by Caivu; 06-19-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Kate Vs Jason well this is going to be amazing. Curious as Lobdell had treated Kate, I hope it lasts for a few editions.

First look at Fernando Blanco's take on Batwoman:

IMG_20170620_085744.jpg