Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I don’t care. It’s in no way comparable to the n word.
    Ok, you're right, I agree.

The attitude we're seeing from that kid here is still 100% shitty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    "Flatscans"

Casual racism against an entire people with barely a reprimand; exactly the kind of attitudes I knew were just going to bud. Small town mentality. Glad I dropped this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That's not concerning.

Also, those mutant kids basically using the n-word and nonone really cares.
    I think the decades upon decades of genocide and persecution are grounds for a flatscan pass. lol. I really just typed out those words...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I think the decades upon decades of genocide and persecution are grounds for a flatscan pass. lol. I really just typed out those words...
    Still shitty.

Extraordinary Member

It’s nothing like the n-word. It’s the equivalent of ‘cracker’.

If you really don’t see the problem with what they jsut said, y’all really need to... idk have more black people in your life? Learn what racial slurs are and what make them so powerful?
    That's not good! That isn't good at all! These kids are being told that it's perfectly fine to see humans are lesser beings. All the genocide and prosecution doesn't matter, it just makes this worse because the mutants know that hate and bigotry are wrong.

BANNED

That's not good! That isn't good at all! These kids are being told that it's perfectly fine to see humans are lesser beings. All the genocide and prosecution doesn't matter, it just makes this worse because the mutants know that hate and bigotry are wrong.

This. Putting aside the systematic semantics of how one word means what, it's the general attitude here and the implications of such.

All the genocide and prosecution doesn't matter
    All Lives Matter! All Lives Matter! All Lives Matter! All Lives Matter!

BANNED

All Lives Matter! All Lives Matter! All Lives Matter! All Lives Matter!
    Wow, way to oversimplify. Good for you!

BANNED

Regardless; it's the attitude we see being fostered here. Just blatant insulting of an entire people.
    that is opressing them at every waking moment in the most vile way, its the equivalent of calling some a straighty

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    that is opressing them at every waking moment in the most vile way, its the equivalent of calling some a straighty
    Wait, is that a thing? Is that something people actually say? Because I need evidence here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Pfft, those are most definitely NOT Alpha primitives or analogs to them.

Seriously though, this is fascinating: Seeing not cooperation, trust and understanding taught to young mutants but leverage and scheming taught as the way to secure peace. Also, it is eyebrow raising that we've gone from children using "human" to describe the residents of the outside world to "flatscans". It's interesting to see what sprouts from these seeds in the future.
    trust, cooperation and understanding are a dance that takes 2, and humans were the first ones to not only refuse to engage, but atacked mutants for even sugesting both sides are equal.
    the fact there is people reading x-men comics that dont understand that for flatscans to be like the n word, mutants would have at one point used that word to dehumanize humans to enhance their system of opression, slavery and control, tells me people realy dont absorb the true intentions of any media no matter how in your face it is about its mensage.
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-13-2020 at 06:30 PM.

Wow, way to oversimplify. Good for you!
    What am I simplifying? The kids aren’t treating themselves and lesser or bigger than humans, but using a hurtful label of a group more privileged than you.

BANNED

And if they used that in a disparaging way, then yeah, someone's not gonna like it. Dare I say it'll be met with "Fuck you."

Not exactly good co-existence; It's just vilifying both people in each other's eyes. That's what I'm getting at here.

Extraordinary Member

trust, cooperation and understanding are a dance that takes 2, and humans were the first ones to not only refuse to engage, but atacked mutants for even sugesting both sides are equal.
    All humans, though?

BANNED

What am I simplifying? The kids aren’t treating themselves and lesser or bigger than humans, but using a hurtful label of a group more privileged than you.
    Except yes they are. Emma even says as much; she isn't telling them about the wonders of the medicine and what good it does for people, she's telling the kids "This is leverage, this is power." The kid's using "Flatscan" in a disparaging manner--it's got nothing but negative connotations. Regardless of the systematic meanings, it's an intentionally shitty thing to do.

More than that: it's an attitude that continues to foster division amongst people. It isn't helpful and it isn't gonna be met as anything but negative.
    Last edited by Domino_Dare-Doll; 02-13-2020 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

And it's hardly gonna happen if one side continues to feel like they have no reason to engage.