Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Arrowverse shows renewed for more seasons

https://tvline.com/2020/01/07/the-cw...verdale-flash/

besides Arrow, obviously. Interesting given that Legends season 5 hasn't even started yet.

The most interesting thing is that quite a few of the Supergirl's cast contracts are coming due, so either they'll renew or we might see some people leaving.

Legends survives for another season.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The most interesting thing is that quite a few of the Supergirl's cast contracts are coming due, so either they'll renew or we might see some people leaving.

Survives indeed. I reckon next season will be the last. I love the show, looooooooooooove, fave Arrowverse show, but I think it has run its course. Ideally they can craft a nice ending.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Survives indeed. I reckon next season will be the last. I love the show, looooooooooooove, fave Arrowverse show, but I think it has run its course. Ideally they can craft a nice ending.
    ...it was renewed for season 6 ahead of it season 5 premiere. Said it right in the article.

To emphasize that point though: Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 Confirmed

Legends isn't going anywhere. I imagine its cheap to produce especially with its truncated episode count and it does ok in ratings.

It's a chore for me to watch since Constantine kinda gets on my nerves, but, regardless its here for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...it was renewed for season 6 ahead of it season 5 premiere. Said it right in the article.

Legends isn't going anywhere. I imagine its cheap to produce especially with its truncated episode count and it does ok in ratings.

It's a chore for me to watch since Constantine kinda gets on my nerves, but, regardless its here for a while.
    Not to mention they've cut down on so much of the Superhero stuff that it's probably cheaper then Flash or Supergirl.

I heard Katie McGrath (Lena Luthor) was leaving anyway. Obviously Melissa Benoist's contract was renewed. And probably David Harewood and Chyler Leigh. Those three are the only original cast member anyway.
    So anyone else is probably on a different contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I heard Katie McGrath (Lena Luthor) was leaving anyway. Obviously Melissa Benoist's contract was renewed. And probably David Harewood and Chyler Leigh. Those three are the only original cast member anyway.
    So anyone else is probably on a different contract.
    I haven't heard that Katie was definitely leaving, just that her contract was up after this season.

The only original main cast that they need to keep is Melissa and Chyler. I'd say that J'onn has run his course by this point, and maybe he could go off to Mars to help his brother and M'gann lead a resistance against the White Martians.

I really can't get excited about a new season of Legends, and I hate that. I'm not even excited about this season. Because as much as I love Sara, Mick and Ray, I can't stand Mona or Gary, I can't even remember what Isis is now called (and she's gone for the time being), and Nick does nothing for me. And I'm sorry, but Constantine is such a bad fit for this show. I'd rather see him on Batwoman, because at least there he'd be on a dark and gritty show, which suits he character a hell of a lot better than a comedy show.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I haven't heard that Katie was definitely leaving, just that her contract was up after this season.

The only original main cast that they need to keep is Melissa and Chyler. I'd say that J'onn has run his course by this point, and maybe he could go off to Mars to help his brother and M'gann lead a resistance against the White Martians.

I really can't get excited about a new season of Legends, and I hate that. I'm not even excited about this season. Because as much as I love Sara, Mick and Ray, I can't stand Mona or Gary, I can't even remember what Isis is now called (and she's gone for the time being), and Nick does nothing for me. And I'm sorry, but Constantine is such a bad fit for this show. I'd rather see him on Batwoman, because at least there he'd be on a dark and gritty show, which suits he character a hell of a lot better than a comedy show.
    Supergirl would feel so weird without J'onn there. I feel like the show would really miss that kind of sagely, experienced, alien figure that he's always brought to the table.

Of course I guess it would save them money on the Martian Manhunter CG.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I am aware the article said it was renewed for season six. I can read. Doesn't change the fact I still hope the next season. SEASON SIX. Will be the last.

I am aware the article said it was renewed for season six. I can read. Doesn't change the fact I still hope the next season. SEASON SIX. Will be the last.
    The "next season" is the season that hasn't premiered yet, in this case season FIVE. So since you read it...you hope it gets cancelled two seasons from now? I guess its possible, but early renewals means the network is sure about the show and its success. Good luck with that.

Ultimate Member

Not really.

Because it would probably depend on what else the CW is looking at. They bought back pretty much every show that says NOTHING in the pilots that they might have was worth it.

Because lets face it with the HBO/DC streaming service-you are in ZERO hurry to pick up new shows to replace Arrow & Supernatural. You already got them. Stargirl could get one of those slots or (depending on content) any of the other shows on there.

Also this makes it easier for advertisers to decide on how much they are going to spend on ads for these shows.

I still hope the next season. SEASON SIX. Will be the last.
    Why tho....?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Why tho....?
    This isn’t pointed at me but I’ll answer.
    Season 3 wasn’t....bad, the worst season is still the first one. And even that was pretty enjoyable. But I did get a sense that the budget felt lower, they were even more distanced from the superhero roots. And moreover as fun as stuff like the custodians of chronology episode was, I got the sense that they were running out of ideas. I mean another time demon as the villain?
    Again there was good stuff in there. I thought the Heywood family stuff was great. That custodian/sirens episode was fantastic. But it feels like we’re running out of good characters. The new editions like Mona and Charlie aren’t helping. And dammit I’m gonna miss Ray.
    Maybe they should finish while they’re ahead.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-07-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Supergirl would feel so weird without J'onn there. I feel like the show would really miss that kind of sagely, experienced, alien figure that he's always brought to the table.

Of course I guess it would save them money on the Martian Manhunter CG.
    I don't think they spend that much on the CGI. When they do it looks good, but really, how often do they show him in his Martian form?

I do get what you are saying, and if he would leave, I would miss him. But I firmly believe the core to Supergirl is the relationship between Kara and Alex, and if Chyler were to leave, I don't think the show would last much longer beyond that.

The "next season" is the season that hasn't premiered yet, in this case season FIVE. So since you read it...you hope it gets cancelled two seasons from now? I guess its possible, but early renewals means the network is sure about the show and its success. Good luck with that.
    I hope it keeps going because it has generally been the most lighthearted of all the shows.
    Power with Girl is better.