Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...thout-avengers

Welcome to a world where Tony Stark never built an Iron Man armor. Where Thor is a hard-drinking atheist who despises hammers. Where Wakanda is dismissed as a myth. And where Captain America was never found in the ice, because there were no Avengers to find him. Instead this world has always been protected by Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the Squadron Supreme of America. And now the Squadron face an attack from some of their fiercest enemies, like Dr. Juggernaut, the Black Skull, the Silver Witch and Thanos with his Infinity Rings. Blade is the one man alive who seems to remember that the entire world has somehow been… reborn. And so begins his search for the cause behind this ominous shift in reality.
    Why can't Aaron leave Thor alone? This makes me wonder though, does Thor think he's a human who doesn't believe in god, or is he a still a god who just doesn't believe in himself or other gods? It is nice to see the Squadron again, I don't know why I like them so much, but I do.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Every event is a mini
    No it is not.

An event has multiple tie ins, a mini series is usually self contained.

Is War of The Realms a mini? No because it's a event that had line wide tie ins

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Looking like a House of M 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I bet in this altered universe, Peter Parker will be Hyperion's best friend and Carol Danvers will be the CEO of her own aeronautic enterprise.
    Oh I get it. Peter is the Jimmy Olsen, to Hyperion's Superman, and Carol shares her first name with Hal Jordan's girlfriend Carol Ferris.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

As cheap as the concept is, I'm actually looking forward to it.

It feels like Aaron's run is winding down. This might be one of his last few arcs.

Extraordinary Member

I thought that it showed Marvel publishing's attitude to the Scarlet Witch that they put her in literally no comics at a time when she is the top-billed star of a huge Marvel Cinematic Universe production. This is the most famous she will ever be, and even that isn't enough to get her back on the Avengers.

But now, instead of putting her in a comic, they're creating a character who is an "amalgam" of her and her brother... and this character is a villain who fights the Avengers, just to rub it in still further.

Sigh. Maybe someday. But I've been saying that for almost a decade now.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seems likely that Mephisto negated most of the heroes' origins. That's a good point though, Mags and X were born with their powers, did the X gene get eliminated?

We know that the core Avengers are either powerless or not around, so that means that the Young Avengers and Champions almost certainly never existed (Speed, Wiccan and Viv Vision likely don't exist and many of the others would be powerless). With Peter Parker also powerless, it seems that Silk won't have her powers either (their origin is shared), and probably not Miles either (due to his origin being a deliberate attempt to recreate the spider that bit Peter). Here's a thought - wouldn't both Gwens be immune to the timeline changes? Gwen Stacy because she's from an AU which would probably be unaffected, and Gwenpool because she has fourth wall breaching powers and thus would still remember the original timeline.
    I just found it funny that the writer conveniently forgets that there were heroes and villains that came after Captain America and before the Fantastic Four, Avengers, etc. I understand why they'd want to make it a more or less self-contained story, but an explanation as to why none of those characters are around even though Thanos is -- a simple blurb or two -- would be helpful.

With Thor, is the angle that Don Blake never goes to Norway and finds the stick/hammer? I guess we'll have to see. (also curious how hammer-phobia comes into the life of an ER surgeon).

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    At least Squadron Supreme fans get something out of this.
    I'm happy for SS fans. But I worry whether or not it truly serves their loyalty for Marvel to churn out what amounts to fan fiction shamelessly mimicking a DC event. The whole point of the SS is to show the JLA living their best life in Marvel's ecosystem. I don't know that this event accomplishes that.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'm happy for SS fans. But I worry whether or not it truly serves their loyalty for Marvel to churn out what amounts to fan fiction shamelessly mimicking a DC event. The whole point of the SS is to show the JLA living their best life in Marvel's ecosystem. I don't know that this event accomplishes that.
    i'm having a hard time keeping up with which version of the squadron folks this involves. this time they are all in the thrall of mephisto, yes? has this been explained, at all? Did they all make deals with him for power at a weak moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh I get it. Peter is the Jimmy Olsen, to Hyperion's Superman, and Carol shares her first name with Hal Jordan's girlfriend Carol Ferris.
    And Tony Stark may be the Lex Luthor of this universe. He looks kind of evil in the teaser art.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I thought that it showed Marvel publishing's attitude to the Scarlet Witch that they put her in literally no comics at a time when she is the top-billed star of a huge Marvel Cinematic Universe production. This is the most famous she will ever be, and even that isn't enough to get her back on the Avengers.

But now, instead of putting her in a comic, they're creating a character who is an "amalgam" of her and her brother... and this character is a villain who fights the Avengers, just to rub it in still further.

Sigh. Maybe someday. But I've been saying that for almost a decade now.
    I'm guessing Marvel didn't plan for Wandavision to have nearly the impact it did.

Quick Thoughts

- So Jason Aaron wanted to tell a Justice League story in Marvel that is actually kinda interesting

- Marvel final realizes that Blade=Avenger's Wolverine I am here for it

-Ed McGuinness art is solid and dynamic, It won't be bad to look at

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    It's just Flashpoint with Mephisto behind it
    The one thing I've always loved about Marvel is that they have avoided constant massive mystics reboots, unlike DC, oh well, nothing lasts forever.....

At least this is an AU (if I'm reading things right).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."