Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Will Steve Trevor be back in the third Wonder Woman movie?

this is a comic book universe so anything is possible. So what do you think? In what ways could Steve Trevor be brought back, and should the writers attempt it?
    Here are a few ideas.
    1) Magic.
    2) Flash could go back in time and grab him microseconds before his plane explodes.
    3) someone looks like him from a parallel universe. (Maybe a Star Trek cross over with Chris Pine playing Captain Kirk)
    4) a villain with the power of illusion impersonated him.

I seem to remember Chris Pine saying he's done after this. But that's always susceptible to change if the paycheck is big enough.

But I hope not to see him again after this. If it the Wonder Woman movies where only modern and didn't period hop all over, I'd say sure. But at this point it would just feel forced. Also he got good closer twice.

Even as an illusion or flashback I'm a little skeptical on because I just want Diana to move on.

They really need to move on from the character. They should've moved on after the first movie, really.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

No. Even Captain America let go of Peggy, it is time that Wonder Woman moves on and focuses on the here and now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    No. Even Captain America let go of Peggy, it is time that Wonder Woman moves on and focuses on the here and now.
    Doesn't Endgame end with them together. That being said, no he does not need to return.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Doesn't Endgame end with them together. That being said, no he does not need to return.
    Through time travel. He got to grow old with her. Same cant be done with Diana.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Through time travel. He got to grow old with her. Same cant be done with Diana.
    If he was snatched the moment before his airplane exploded, the timeline wouldn't be affected.

NO.

All three of Wonder Woman's films should NOT be about a man she loves. Let her move on. I can't suspend my disbelief to see him brought back yet again. If they wanted him to be in all 3 movies, they shouldn't have killed him off both times.

Since its the third part of a trilogy, I could see it. If there was the possibility of ongoing adventures I'd say no, let her move onward. But its likely the end of this incarnation of Wonder Woman's journey, so why not end it with her ascending and being with the man she loves.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Maybe as an illusion created by a villain for maybe a scene but other than a memento in wherever Diana is living, no.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-26-2021 at 01:17 PM.

No. God no. It’s time to move on from the character already. Hell, I was even against him returning in WW84, and that was just one of the films many problems.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Definitely not. He was used perfectly in the first movie and I like a lot of the scenes in the second and at least the basic idea of letting him go. But there is of course the weird execution of the body hijacking and focusing on him again took focus away from other relationships: the Amazons were relegated to only the opening scene (albeit an important and great one!) and focusing on him is one of the reasons Barbara got short changed.

The third movie really needs to put emphasis on the Amazons first and foremost, a returning Barbara and preferably another female villain like Circe. These films (at least the first one) are doing great things for women in CBMs and providing stuff that is still rare in the genre, but they could be doing MUCH more with the complicated interpersonal dynamics between the mostly female cast than they do.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    NO.

All three of Wonder Woman's films should NOT be about a man she loves. Let her move on. I can't suspend my disbelief to see him brought back yet again. If they wanted him to be in all 3 movies, they shouldn't have killed him off both times.
    This right here.
    I loved Steve in the first film; he was Diana's traditional love interest, and it would not have been right not to have him in Wonder Woman's long anticipated first film. Plus he was tackled amazingly well and they chose the perfect actor to play him.
    However, his appearance in the second film destroyed all the love and goodwill I had for him. They definitely went overboard for Diana's dependence on him.
    I want the third film to be about Diana (and no, not about Diana trying to move on from Steve or still pining for him). The film should be about Diana. If you want to have supporting players (which is always important), have them all be women: Julia, Vanessa, Donna or Nubia, and of course the villain(s): Circe (and maybe a faster, stronger, better Cheetah).
    ENOUGH with making Wonder Woman films about STeve Trevor.

Incredible Member

I certainly hope not.

I’d prefer to see Diana fixated on reuniting with her mother/s and sisters on Themyscira rather than pining for Steve Trevor for another 60+ years.

Steve’s story was well told in the first film. I’m sure Patty Jenkins can find other actors who have good chemistry with Gal Gadot and who are a pleasure to work with.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    This right here.
    I loved Steve in the first film; he was Diana's traditional love interest, and it would not have been right not to have him in Wonder Woman's long anticipated first film. Plus he was tackled amazingly well and they chose the perfect actor to play him.
    However, his appearance in the second film destroyed all the love and goodwill I had for him. They definitely went overboard for Diana's dependence on him.
    I want the third film to be about Diana (and no, not about Diana trying to move on from Steve or still pining for him). The film should be about Diana. If you want to have supporting players (which is always important), have them all be women: Julia, Vanessa, Donna or Nubia, and of course the villain(s): Circe (and maybe a faster, stronger, better Cheetah).
    ENOUGH with making Wonder Woman films about STeve Trevor.
    why? Does Superman deal only with men? I don't get this fixation you have with one gender societies. Why should Wonder Woman's villians all be female? Is it a code of honor that all villains have that the men among them refuse to fight a woman because it just wouldn't be fair?