Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    They were pretty good, although they were a bit obsessed with all the 'virtual reality' stuff that plagued a lot of comics in the mid-90s.

Oh, what? Sorry, I thought you meant the one, true Scarlet Spider.

It's cool. And may be "plaguing" comics again thanks to Oculus Rift being a thing in the recent tech news media. Not to mention that Stunner came back for two issues of Superior Spider-Man to get vengeance on "Spider-Man" for "killing Doctor Octopus," not knowing that "Spider-Man" was actually Doctor Octopus commandeering Spider-Man's body and identity. Given her mania for avenging Doctor Octopus, I could see her going after Kaine/Scarlet Spider as well, and as long as we're talking characters from that era, why not pit him against Joystick? We haven't seen her since the pre-Civil War Thunderbolts, and given the Evolutionaries' obsession with killing anyone they don't deem to be human --- and Joystick did get superpowers from some kind of cosmic wellspring, so she'd likely qualify in their twisted view --- it'd be a good enough reason to get her on the newest New Warriors' radar.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

With the exception of Minimum Carnage, it was an awesome run. I liked it WAY more than Superior Spider-Man. Sorry, Mr. Slott.

Incredible Member

Well, there was a reason this forum started throwing around "In Yost We Trust" when the comic was running. So yeah, get all the issues if you can manage it, and pick up New Warriors to boot so that we can all see some of the old plot points completed some time down the line.

BANNED

I hope Scarlet Spider comes out in a TPB. I would definitely check it out. (Hint,hint, Marvel!)

Quote Originally Posted by dddaaavvv View Post
    I hope Scarlet Spider comes out in a TPB. I would definitely check it out. (Hint,hint, Marvel!)
    Like most recent Marvel series, it has been collected in TPB form, although the second volume seems to be out of print.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Like most recent Marvel series, it has been collected in TPB form, although the second volume seems to be out of print.
    Well, maybe I can get a used copy of the second volume. Thanks for the info.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Oh definitely Yes get it , A Peter Parker more street-wise then brain wise and a touch of a darkside in him
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 05-05-2014 at 05:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Oh definitely Yes get it , A Peter Parker more street-wise then brain wise and a touch of a darkside in him
    Thanks for the endorsement.

how has it gone since he went to the warriors?
    my only hope is that he gets another solo series.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by genixx View Post
    As mush as I prefer a solo series .. from what I read of New Warriors it's actually not a bad series .. and does start off when Scarlet-Spider ended

Quote Originally Posted by genixx View Post
    From the 3 issues so far, I have like it. As other have.

He's very much the same character, voice-wise. And his (and Aracely's) parts are some of the best moments in those three issues.

You can read more opinions here: http://community.comicbookresources....s-Appreciation

The 4th issue comes out this week and with it ends the initial event that pulls them together. After that, it will be time for they to get to know each other more profoundly and work out some real team-building as they announce their presence to the world (the same world that remembers the "New Warriors" for causing the Marvel Civil War ). And as I mentioned before, the series will go to Scarlet Spider story lines if sales allow it to go past issue 12.

The TPB comes in July, collecting the first 6 issues (pre-order price: around ~$13.94, if I'm not mistaken).

Fantastic Member

Well worth it.

As mush as I prefer a solo series .. from what I read of New Warriors it's actually not a bad series .. and does start off when Scarlet-Spider ended
    Yeah New Warriors even has panels straight out of the end of Scarlet Spider. I was kinda bummed when that series ended. New Warriors is okay.

Extraordinary Member

I'll probably just pick up NW for Kaine. I loved Scarlet.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Yeah New Warriors has started of good. But then it is written by Yost.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'll probably just pick up NW for Kaine. I loved Scarlet.
    Yeh Kaine alongside Hummingbird, Yost and Nova was a big factor in me buying New Warriors in the first place.