Page 174 of 374 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 5596

Did anyone else expect Kara to take Alex to earth 1 to see Barry and the gang
    I would have loved it if they were at iris's bachelor party tonight. Though that might have been a little hard on Alex
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Did anyone else expect Kara to take Alex to earth 1 to see Barry and the gang
    I would have loved it if they were at iris's bachelor party tonight. Though that might have been a little hard on Alex
    I think Kara is more Barry's friend. I don't even think Kara knows Iris that well. Might even be a little awkward to invite another
    woman like Kara that Barry has feelings for, even if it is mostly platonic towards Kara. But it does look like Alex ends up meeting the gang.
    It looks like Alex and Kara will attend the wedding of Barry and Iris and rumors are Alex hooks up with Sara Lance in the cross-over.
    I guess by then Alex is more over the break-up. Or Sara is just rebound.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As much as I like their dynamic, I don't think an Alex/Kara-Origin episode is what we need right now.
    I'm actually looking forward to her "origin". There's obviously a lot of things in her past that we haven't been privy to. Including her relationship with Superman. I'm hoping we'll learn some things about her past. Obviously her powers came to her fairly early as we saw in the first season.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

i like this Edge guy he's like a T.V villain straight from the 90s. It's interesting he's so focused on Lena looking at sg as more of a pawn like she's too innocent to be a threat to him. "This is the real world sweetheart."lol

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    The only way to make the Morgan Edge storyline interesting is that Darkseid is using him, like in the comics.
    Hire Adrian Pasdar to play Edge and let him go to town on the role. That's all I need. A connection to Darkseid, through Intergang, would be nice but I'm not banking on that happening. And I loved Pasdar's work. He was just so good as a villain--I was totally fixated every second he was on screen.

S3E05: "Damages"

Like most of its episodes, this latest one was a pretty even mix of good news / bad news.

Good News: Sanvers is done. As much as I appreciated Alex's coming out storyline (really they handled that aspect so damn well), the actual Sanvers relationship between Alex and Maggie* was derailing the show.

This ain't like Niles and Daphne anchoring the sitcom FRASIER for its entire run. That relationship was largely built on the now-tired will-they/won't-they vibe for several seasons before taking the plunge and then torpedoing the rest of that show's run because the primary vibe changed with nothing equal to replace it.

Season 1 had no Sanvers, in fact, Season 1 kept the focus where it belonged: on Supergirl herself. Hopefully, the rest of Season 3 returns to that form.

Bad News: they're going to play music and dance and laugh and doink after they break up and part ways smooth as ice, save a teary look here or there.

Ugh. I'm sorry, but a break-up this big over this sudden a disagreement does not end that neatly. At all. I get that there are so few positive LBGTQ couples onscreen now that the showrunners took extra pains to not make either the villain and that is appreciated. I guess it was one last gift to the Sanvers fans out there, but to the rest of us non-fans, time that could have been severely reduced for better stuff.

Better stuff like Lena Luthor.

Good News: Holy cow, are they teasing both her brother and her own inevitable(?) fall from grace this episode. She has shown she has zero patience for being lied to with Morgan Edge (and thus also when she finds out Kara is Supergirl but not from Kara herself), but she has zero problems lying (even if by omission) to Kara about recognizing when Morgan Edge was behind it and for not telling Kara that she went over to Edge's office and pulled a gun on him. That's going to come back to bite Lena with Kara just like Kara's failure to disclose her own secret will bite her with Lena. Also, I think we're definitely getting Earth-38's Lex Luthor in the flesh this season, probably by the season finale and hopefully with Tyler Hoechlin to boot.

Bad News: Still not buying Reign. This is too slow a burn. Every episode ends with another stinger to show she ain't what she seems. Like stretching bubblegum thin to its snapping point.

Good News: James was actually relevant this episode? No way? Way! It took 2 seasons plus change, but this is the first episode where James shined. He literally took a bullet for Lena, had the balls to suggest that Lena step down from CatCo for the good of the company, and organically had legitimate onscreen chemistry with her in a way he never did with Kara in Season 1. I'm impressed. Good-bye Sanvers, Hello Olsthor!

Bad News: J'Onn ... O Martian, My Martian. Both the actor and the character were wasted this episode.

Good News: Wynn was useful, the plane scene was cool AF.

So Good Its Bad News: Morgan Edge may have outLexed Lex himself with that face-to-face confrontation with Supergirl. Daring the hero to murder him right there on the spot and of course successfully calling his own bluff. That is classic showdown straight out of the Lex vs Superman lore. If/when they do bring Lex on the show, the bar for human villainy has been set very, very high.

Overall, it was a better than average SUPERGIRL episode. I think this season is nicely course-correcting from last season.

Grade: B

* - sorry but she is ... was ... almost as bad as "James" in terms of relating to the comic book character they are based on; should've just called her Renee Montoya and him John Henry Irons and you have near-perfect casting for both
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 11-07-2017 at 10:23 PM.

I thought James did a good job on the last episode talking about his first meeting with Superman. That was a nice conversation, and the best thing that James has done with Kara since season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think Kara is more Barry's friend. I don't even think Kara knows Iris that well. Might even be a little awkward to invite another
    woman like Kara that Barry has feelings for, even if it is mostly platonic towards Kara. But it does look like Alex ends up meeting the gang.
    It looks like Alex and Kara will attend the wedding of Barry and Iris and rumors are Alex hooks up with Sara Lance in the cross-over.
    I guess by then Alex is more over the break-up. Or Sara is just rebound.
    Are you freakin’ kidding me?! Alex and sara?! Oy vey.��

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Are you freakin’ kidding me?! Alex and sara?! Oy vey.��
    More long distance relationships for the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought James did a good job on the last episode talking about his first meeting with Superman. That was a nice conversation, and the best thing that James has done with Kara since season 1.
    Definitely better then when he was trying to hook up with her or hide that he was a vigilante like a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely better then when he was trying to hook up with her or hide that he was a vigilante like a tool.
    Or her criticizing James for fighting criminals when he doesn't have powers...
    RIGHT after teaming up with Ollie and his crew of non-powered vigilantes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Or her criticizing James for fighting criminals when he doesn't have powers...
    RIGHT after teaming up with Ollie and his crew of non-powered vigilantes.
    Y'know, I really don't miss Guardian and his storylines that much .

What a weird use of "All Through the Night" by Cyndi Lauper.

Hey, investigative journalist Kara Danvers! That was pretty cool. As was Lena and James burying the hatchet.

Holy crap, Morgan Edge, you're evil! That was pretty sly of him, getting Lena to doubt herself like that, but I feel like his final blow wasn't thought out well enough. Sure, Lena would've been dead and he could place the blame on that pilot guy, but wouldn't it have been better to have her arrested? He's got to have recorded Lena coming into his office and putting a gun to his face, right? That's enough to discredit Lena, CatCo, and LuthorCorp, and even with Lena dead, Acre Lee would still lead back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Kara really CatCo's best reporter or does she only get these jobs because of the people she knows? Granted, I guess she could've been there as a friend for Lena and not as a reporter (it's not like she's unbiased either).
    When she said that, I thought another reporter was going to show up. What an odd line.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    And now it's okay to talk about Olsen as Jimmy and it's within the boundaries of the show. Ol-thor are going to be in bed together by the mid season break, I predict.
    Better James than Morgan Edge.

A time traveler and a woman from another Earth? Wow, that's an INCREDIBLE long distance!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Holy crap, Morgan Edge, you're evil! That was pretty sly of him, getting Lena to doubt herself like that, but I feel like his final blow wasn't thought out well enough. Sure, Lena would've been dead and he could place the blame on that pilot guy, but wouldn't it have been better to have her arrested? He's got to have recorded Lena coming into his office and putting a gun to his face, right? That's enough to discredit Lena, CatCo, and LuthorCorp, and even with Lena dead, Acre Lee would still lead back to him.
    I guess Edge is just vindictive enough that he wanted Lena dead rather then behind bars.

It's probably also why he's leaving her alone, so he can gloat that there's nothing she can do to him.
    A time traveler and a woman from another Earth? Wow, that's an INCREDIBLE long distance!
    It might be a good reason to establish whether the Waverider can travel between different dimensions.

I think it will be more of a quickie. Like when Sara hooked up with the Queen of France or that nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Hey, investigative journalist Kara Danvers! That was pretty cool.
    Kara was more of a reporter in this episode alone than Clark has been in his entire stint as a reporter in Superman Returns, Man of Steel, and Superman v Batman combined.
    I'm probably exaggerating, but I don't think by that much. And as an article here pointed out, Kara had to work at becoming a reporter instead of just showing up and having
    the job handed to her, like Clark was in MoS.

As was Lena and James burying the hatchet.
    I guess Jana is the next ship on the show.

My thought is that Morgan's plan was to crash the plane into the reservoir and the authorities would find Lena's body on board and Morgan would then be able to claim Lena was the one flying the plane.
    I don't think the original intention was to blame the Air Force guy. But after Supergirl screwed up that plan, Morgan used the Air Force guy as plan B.