Page 175 of 374 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 5596
    Astonishing Member

Poor James err Jimmy now again. Only seemingly used or useful if the show wants you to be shipped with someone.

Alas.

The whole Acre Lee plot is too painfully hilarious to think about.

Even ignoring the plane bit at the end...wasn't that entire rec center still filled with barrels of Acre Lee chemicals which even if the plane bit went off without a hitch would exonerate Lena, even post humorously?

I guess airplanes are a lot heavier than alien prison ships. I mean. The writers remember she lifted Fort Rozz two seasons ago right?

Though I am a bit lost. At the very end it was made to seem that Edge sold the Acre Lee company years ago according to Kara and Edge's exchange. Is it somehow an elaborate lie or did he really just hold on to the chemicals all this time in case he could use them somehow? I'd assume the former since there's no way to predict the whole lead bomb and the Daxamites.

And perhaps ignored as well...but...if the lead bomb indeed had a 10% margin of error doesn't that mean there's a good possibility the bomb still ACTUALLY affected some people, just not the ones we thought it did? Granted even a .4 % chance of affecting people on a global scale WOULD still be bad and affect someone.

Have to admit despite everything I didn't actually expect Sanvers to break up just have them get married and kind of write Maggie off while having Alex bring her up here and there. So I was surprised by the finality of all of this.

Ah a Flashback episode. I don't think I actually want or care about it but hey. Gotta pad out the season somehow. Wonder if there'll be a "bad guy' somehow in the episode. Probably in the past that Kara defeats secretly I assume. Maybe even a cameo of J'Onn as Hank helping them out assuming this is taking place post Jerimiah's vanishing/J'Onn's joining of the DEO.

Astonishing Member

Another Lifetime Movie Network plot, forgetting powers or being so under powered by other kryptonian standards = what else is new?

The good thing was Edge telling her that she was a wussy girl. He is a murderer of many - the endless villain that we cannot do anything to is getting old. Kara does kill with ease. Those white martians didn't get a spanking but a disintegration. Fly Edge into the sun already.

Still waiting for Reign to be unleashed. I like her as a character. Flush Jimmy - get an alternate universe kid photographer in there.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The whole Acre Lee plot is too painfully hilarious to think about.

Even ignoring the plane bit at the end...wasn't that entire rec center still filled with barrels of Acre Lee chemicals which even if the plane bit went off without a hitch would exonerate Lena, even post humorously?
    Unless Edge got his goons to take the chemicals away once he found out they had been discovered. Wasn't that sort of the point of putting Lena on the plane?
    She found out about the chemicals at the rec center so Edge decided to use them to make her look even more evil. The chemicals in the plane might have even
    been the chemicals from the rec center. The barrel did look the same, after all. I suppose if they really wanted to Kara could take the police to the rec center to
    show them the barrels, but when the got there the barrel were gone. But there is only so much they can do with 42 minutes of show time and there were other
    plot points that they wanted to present.

I guess airplanes are a lot heavier than alien prison ships. I mean. The writers remember she lifted Fort Rozz two seasons ago right?

And a collapsing building. And a train last season. And Supergirl also lifted a full size submarine in the first episode this season. But the difference was she was pushing on something
    in all those cases. She was holding the plane up in this episode too. In fact she was exerting so much force on the plane it broke in half. Now this is where the problem comes in.
    People can exert a lot of force pushing on something. Look how much weight athletes can bench press. Some can press two or three times their body weight. But it is a lot more
    difficult grasping something heavy, especially some thin pieces of metal. So I could see where Supergirl would have trouble holding onto two pieces of crumbling metal at the same
    time. And Supergirl had no problem carrying the tail section after she dropped the front half of the plane.

Really it all comes down to if you can imagine why something can't be on one of these shows, it is just as easy to imagine why it can be. It all depends on if you want to play along with the story or not.

Maybe even a cameo of J'Onn as Hank helping them out assuming this is taking place post Jerimiah's vanishing/J'Onn's joining of the DEO.
    I think the next episode will be supporting character light. If J'onn shows up at all it will probably be just to loan Kara his car.

Retired

The way I see it, Supergirl was pulling on two halves of the fuselage that were both being pulled down by the gravitational mass of the Earth. I forget what I learned in high school physics, but I think that's much work than if she had been under the plane pushing up.

The only problem with that is the gravity should have been pulling Lena down and yet she was able to climb up against those forces.

I have to go back to school and study for four years to work out exactly what was happening in that scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    But it is a lot more difficult grasping something heavy, especially some thin pieces of metal. So I could see where Supergirl would have trouble holding onto two pieces of crumbling metal at the same time.
    I can also see that a plane which broke in half might have difficulty holding its integrity when held up by a piece of itself no bigger than Supergirl's hand. But I don't look to this show for realism. Just silly adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I can also see that a plane which broke in half might have difficulty holding its integrity when held up by a piece of itself no bigger than Supergirl's hand. But I don't look to this show for realism. Just silly adventure.
    If people are looking for realism in a show where a 20-something woman flies around a city, is bullet proof, has super strength (inconsistent in how much it is at times), and near invulnerable (Kryptonite and magic (I presume) can still be nasty for her), they may need to look for a different show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    When she said that, I thought another reporter was going to show up. What an odd line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Kara was more of a reporter in this episode alone than Clark has been in his entire stint as a reporter in Superman Returns, Man of Steel, and Superman v Batman combined.
    I'm probably exaggerating, but I don't think by that much. And as an article here pointed out, Kara had to work at becoming a reporter instead of just showing up and having
    the job handed to her, like Clark was in MoS.
    I'm definitely more with 90's cartoon man but I agree with both of you more or less. I think this is the first time Kara's job as a reporter or journalist really worked. She has otherwise been handed everything to her on a platter and unfavorably been given kudos in the show despite really bad reporting and outside of her Supergirl abilities ACTUAL reporting ability. I've seen quite a few real life reporters joking about just how bad she seems to be at her job almost in spite of her powers. So this episode really made me like to see her otherwise be competent about it all.

It's even been lampshaded by Snapper himself last season about how little she actually knows about the job. I can definitely agree she's had it focused on more than Clark has in those films but in fairness they played virtually no role anyway there since it was Lois' investigative abilities that were on display in BvS and Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I'm definitely more with 90's cartoon man but I agree with both of you more or less. I think this is the first time Kara's job as a reporter or journalist really worked. She has otherwise been handed everything to her on a platter and unfavorably been given kudos in the show despite really bad reporting and outside of her Supergirl abilities ACTUAL reporting ability. I've seen quite a few real life reporters joking about just how bad she seems to be at her job almost in spite of her powers. So this episode really made me like to see her otherwise be competent about it all.

It's even been lampshaded by Snapper himself last season about how little she actually knows about the job. I can definitely agree she's had it focused on more than Clark has in those films but in fairness they played virtually no role anyway there since it was Lois' investigative abilities that were on display in BvS and Man of Steel.
    Not to mention it sometimes feels like what's carrying her job is what she does as Supergirl, which kind of unfairly gives her stories to write, rather then her actual skills as a journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention it sometimes feels like what's carrying her job is what she does as Supergirl, which kind of unfairly gives her stories to write, rather then her actual skills as a journalist.
    Why is Peter Parker the only photographer who can get all those great pictures of Spider-Man?

Retired

I think Kara was working on her own initiative and wasn't assigned by Jimmy to investigate the story. He did say that they would put their best reporter on the case, but I don't think he meant Kara. And that would be a conflict of interest, given Kara is Lena's friend and anything she reported about LL would be suspect to their general readership. There's a lot of background actors in the CatCo office, any one of whom could be doing a great job--they just never get the attention.

I assume that Kara is still a novice reporter and if she's had any success then it's mainly due to her contacts--but most reporters rely on sources for their stories. I don't think Kara has improved that much from last season and Snapper clearly didn't think she had the experience yet.

I've been watching THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN on the weekends and Clark has his feet under the desk pretty quick, ordering around other people at the PLANET. It hardly seems like he earned his success. No wonder Miss Lane's nose is out of joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the "Adventures of Superman" series starring George Reeves in the pilot episode "Superman On Earth", Clark got his job as a reporter by rescuing a man dangling from a rope on a blimp as Superman,
    then getting an interview with the man, scooping Lois. So using the Super persona to get the scoop is sort of a family tradition.

It's not so much Kara is a good reporter, it's more she is actually shown being a reporter, it's not something pushed into the background and all but forgotten about. Isn't starting out as a menial employee, then years of
    being with the company before getting a reporter job, being a bad reporter at first and getting better as time goes on a bit more realistic than getting hired off the streets and being the ace reporter from day one?
    It's been a while but as I recall in "Superman: The Movie" didn't Clark also just show up at the Daily Planet and get hired? What were his credentials for that job?

Magick is Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Are you freakin’ kidding me?! Alex and sara?! Oy vey.��
    Yeah I saw that and told myself how I wished I were the Atom at that point.

Retired

Caity Lotz did a thing on her Instagram during the filming of the Crisis story, along with Chyler Leigh and Stephen Amell--where Caity and Chyler explained that they don't write the show. Some of their fans I guess are upset about the leaked plot for their characters.

I was going to mention it here back then, but I thought it was too much of a spoiler.

Retired

Here's a video link for anyone who wants to watch it. But beware of any spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ0ZZD-AG1c

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Why is Peter Parker the only photographer who can get all those great pictures of Spider-Man?
    I dunno. Peter's actually apparently a pretty awesome photographer since he does photograph other stuff and not just himself. Or at the very least he knows how to make it work by setting up camera's to take pic's as he does his thing which is even more impressive since he has to otherwise manipulate his enemies/circumstances to be in that area. Granted I don't think the photographer thing even applies to Peter these days anymore.

This episode was just the first time it felt like Kara was ACTUALLY a reporter instead of simply using her abilities to get a story. IE Her powers helped speed it along but wasn't the main way she investigated much like Clark generally does.

Granted it's stuff like this that's why even in the comics Lois always would be the ones to break the stories Superman would be a part of even when Clark tried to. He'd usually get beaten to the punch by Lois who was able to get the story in even without superpowers. But Clark much like the Peter story would be shown covering non Superman stuff at times as well. So Clark certainly has gotten flack over it over the years too.

Superman: TaS even joked about it.

Lois: How do you always get the scoop on me?
    Clark: (lowers his glasses) Well, Lois, the truth is, I'm actually Superman in disguise and I only pretend to be a journalist in order to hear about disasters as they happen, and then squeeze you out of the byline.
    Lois: You're a sick man Kent. (Lois not beleiving it at all and laughing at the idea of Clark being Superman)
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 11-09-2017 at 12:46 PM.