Page 402 of 761 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 11410

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just have a hard time seeing that version of Taskmaster becoming anything resembling the comic version unless it's a different person in the suit. I don't think they cast for their charisma, at any rate.
    I don't think we'll get anything close to comics Taskmaster, but there's a chance they bring the character back and give her some development and turn her into an actual character and not just a commentary on the patriarchy. I could see her in a Thunderbolts film, for example. I don't really expect to see Taskmaster return at all, I think that was strictly a one-and-done villain, but anything's possible.

I didn't want the Multiverse either, but ultimately it was to service reconstructing Hollands' Peter into the Spider-Man he needed to be by celebrating and emphasizing what Spider-Man is.
    I know, I just think we could have gotten there without the multiverse stuff in this film. It's a good movie but taking the time to actually explore the consequences of Mysterio's bullsh*t would have been a far more unique film, and I think more satisfying. At least for me.

I haven't watched it yet, but considering the reception to it I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

It did seem more Wonder Woman than Captain Marvel to me.
    Well, if you watch it don't go in expecting the typical MCU kind of movie. It takes itself far more seriously, and tries to go much wider in concept. I've watched it twice now, and I like it. I don't know much about the Eternals at all so I can't speak for any changes they made to the source material, but it hits that Kirby kind of high-concept sturm und drang. I don't think I'd call it one of my favorite MCU films, but if I had a list of my favorites it'd probably rank on the upper half of it.

I think a lot of the negative/mixed reviews stems from the fact that it doesn't feel like a Marvel film, it feels like a really good DC film. But don't let that turn you off from it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

I saw a teaser of some kind for the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I saw a teaser of some kind for the trailer.
    Which is to hype up the actual trailer on Monday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Which is to hype up the actual trailer on Monday.
    Which is today as I type!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't think we'll get anything close to comics Taskmaster, but there's a chance they bring the character back and give her some development and turn her into an actual character and not just a commentary on the patriarchy. I could see her in a Thunderbolts film, for example. I don't really expect to see Taskmaster return at all, I think that was strictly a one-and-done villain, but anything's possible.
    I think at best they either introduce a "real" and more comic-accurate Taskmaster that the program was based on (which isn't out of the realm of possibility for the MCU) or we just see Antonia as a silent merc occasionally popping up in the MCU when needed. I prefer the former though.
    Well, if you watch it don't go in expecting the typical MCU kind of movie. It takes itself far more seriously, and tries to go much wider in concept. I've watched it twice now, and I like it. I don't know much about the Eternals at all so I can't speak for any changes they made to the source material, but it hits that Kirby kind of high-concept sturm und drang. I don't think I'd call it one of my favorite MCU films, but if I had a list of my favorites it'd probably rank on the upper half of it.

I think a lot of the negative/mixed reviews stems from the fact that it doesn't feel like a Marvel film, it feels like a really good DC film. But don't let that turn you off from it.
    On-paper I prefer it be more serious and weighty than yet another quip-a-minute MCU film, so I'll try to keep an open mind.

Ultimate Member

I think at best they either introduce a "real" and more comic-accurate Taskmaster that the program was based on (which isn't out of the realm of possibility for the MCU) or we just see Antonia as a silent merc occasionally popping up in the MCU when needed. I prefer the former though.

On-paper I prefer it be more serious and weighty than yet another quip-a-minute MCU film, so I'll try to keep an open mind.
    How many MCU movies are quip-a-minute? I feel like this is an exaggeration

Which is today as I type!
    They are showcasing it on ESPN during the NFL Wild CRd matchup.

How many MCU movies are quip-a-minute? I feel like this is an exaggeration
    I feel like it accurately describes a good deal of modern MCU movies in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    They're definitely treating this as trippy as you would expect a Moon Knight series.

Like, you think it's a typical Oscar Isaac psychological drama and then - boom - Marvel Studios logo!

So it seems like initially we have Steven Lang, UK Native, insomniac and having strange dreams before being haunted by...Khonshu? Or some kind of moon creature? And he doesn't even realize he's Marc Spector until someone (Marlene?) calls him.

Definitely getting pretty trippy with the visuals. You won't know what's real or what's not as much as the protagonist does. Like, does Moon Knight actually transform? Is he actually fighting some kind of CGI monster?

So Ethan Hawke is apparently playing Randall Sparrow, a very minor Moon Knight villain.

I’m glad this takes place in London instead of New York. Having all the heroes live around each other made the world feel small. I have no idea why the comics did this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I’m glad this takes place in London instead of New York. Having all the heroes live around each other made the world feel small. I have no idea why the comics did this.
    Granted, he will probably move to New York eventually. He's probably not even really British.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Convenience. The Marvel offices were in NY. It's easier to get references back in the day.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-18-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

What role would Bill Murray play in the next Ant-Man? Is there a pre-existing character suitable for him? He was just on the local news for an interview with the entertainment reporter about his upcoming movie, in which he sings, (badly), in front of an orchestra. The reporter asked him about that, and he gave a humorous non-denial invoking fear of being struck dead by Disney or Marvel if he said anything, and then heavily and repeatedly stressed how much he'd LOVE such an opportunity. Which I read as a confirmation...or maybe a hint to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    What role would Bill Murray play in the next Ant-Man? Is there a pre-existing character suitable for him? He was just on the local news for an interview with the entertainment reporter about his upcoming movie, in which he sings, (badly), in front of an orchestra. The reporter asked him about that, and he gave a humorous non-denial invoking fear of being struck dead by Disney or Marvel if he said anything, and then heavily and repeatedly stressed how much he'd LOVE such an opportunity. Which I read as a confirmation...or maybe a hint to Marvel.
    Supposedly he's playing an antagonist.