Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Damn. That basically means that there's a very, very good chance we won't get the classic red and blue costume with the webs. I am assuming they'll have to change around a few things, visually, to distinguish Miles Spider-Man from the Peter Spider-Man.

Shit. I was really looking forward to classic Spider-Man in an animated movie.
    Yeah, maybe they can make it a black costume with a red webbing pattern.

Seriously, what do you mean by that? Miles is already portrayed with a different costume in the books and other media. Why would you think they wouldn't do this for the movie? Also he obviously isn't going to look anything like Peter Parker when out of costume since he will be both animated and African-American/Hispanic so I'm not seeing an issue here.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-27-2016 at 05:09 PM.

This is great! I'm really enjoying playing as miles in Lego marvel avengers so I hope this is true

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Yeah, maybe they can make it a black costume with a red webbing pattern.

Seriously, what do you mean by that? Miles is already portrayed with a different costume in the books and other media. Why would you think they wouldn't do this for the movie?
    I was looking forward to a movie as visually brilliant as Pixar's Incredibles, but with the classic Spider-Man costume front and centre. Having Miles be Spider-Man in the animated movie (given that this story is indeed true) means that we're going to get a different costume than the one I was looking forward to seeing.

Not questioning whether this'll be a good movie or not, just bummed that classic Spider-Man costume most likely won't be making an appearance.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Spectacular Member

I hope this isn't just some bs rumor

Miles is a lighting rod and easy 'clickbate' fodder. He was supposedly gonna be the mcu spidey too

If confirmed this is very exciting

Miles Morales is powerful stuff

It would be neat to have a live-action Peter Parker Spider-Man movie alongside an animated Miles Morales Spider-Man movie, so we could have both active at the same time. It's certainly a good way of distinguishing them from each other .

I wouldn't have minded Peter as the lead, because a Peter Parker Spider-Man big-budget animated movie by Lord and Miller sounds amazing (pun-intended), but I'm happy to see Miles get such a big chance like this.

Maybe one benefit of this is that Marvel Studios doesn't rush switching Holland out of being Spider-Man...

Fantastic Member

I was looking forward to a movie as visually brilliant as Pixar's Incredibles, but with the classic Spider-Man costume front and centre. Having Miles be Spider-Man in the animated movie (given that this story is indeed true) means that we're going to get a different costume than the one I was looking forward to seeing.

Not questioning whether this'll be a good movie or not, just bummed that classic Spider-Man costume most likely won't be making an appearance.
    Yeah, I get you now. I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I read it almost as if you weren't aware that Miles was already distinguishable from Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be neat to have a live-action Peter Parker Spider-Man movie alongside an animated Miles Morales Spider-Man movie, so we could have both active at the same time. It's certainly a good way of distinguishing them from each other .

I wouldn't have minded Peter as the lead, because a Peter Parker Spider-Man big-budget animated movie by Lord and Miller sounds amazing (pun-intended), but I'm happy to see Miles get such a big chance like this.

Maybe one benefit of this is that Marvel Studios doesn't rush switching Holland out of being Spider-Man...
    Imagine this movie with Miles soars past movies like Big Hero 6, Frozen, Toy Story 3 or HELL, live action movie like the Avengers in the box office? I bet Sony blows a gasket and tries to cast a live-action Miles Morales and pronto!

Which would actually be very cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Yeah, I get you now. I misunderstood what you were trying to say. I read it almost as if you weren't aware that Miles was already distinguishable from Peter.
    Cool.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MatchesMalone View Post
    Donald Glover voiced him in the Spider-Verse animated series.
    Once that like just one or two times?

Imagine this movie with Miles soars past movies like Big Hero 6, Frozen, Toy Story 3 or HELL, live action movie like the Avengers in the box office? I bet Sony blows a gasket and tries to cast a live-action Miles Morales and pronto!

Which would actually be very cool to see.

Cool.
    Well, you're totally right, they would... but that sounds like kind of a tall order from the animation studio that made the Smurfs and Hotel Transylvania. I'm sure those movies did fine at the box office... truth is, it's hard to tell with kids movies like most of Sony Animated movies... it often depends how long it's been since the last movie you could take your kids to came out... but beating the movies you mention is a pretty big mountain to climb.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for a good movie, and will certainly see it, but I don't have a lot of confidence in Sony Animation.

The more Miles the better I say.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice-Guy View Post
    Greg wiseman had one planned for spectacular where peter was in college, besides that I can't really think of any animated movies he's gotten.
    Marvel and Disney are too busy pretending that every Spidey cartoon that is pre-USM doesn't exist.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I am good with this. Could be good. Heck might be better then that Homecoming mess the MCU is making.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

.......Yay?

Mighty Member

Ok. Cool. That's good news for Miles fans if true. Now, here's the only thing I want to know:

WHEN DO WE GET THE ERIC MASTERSON THOR MOVIE?

This needs to happen. Make him fight Absorbing Man. I'd love to hear him call Masterson "Sparky the Lightning Kid" in an animated movie.

Niffleheim

So happy right now.