View Poll Results: Who is the best Telepath?

Voters
352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jean

152 43.18%
  • Xavier

90 25.57%
  • Emma

45 12.78%
  • Rachel

11 3.13%
  • Psylocke

21 5.97%
  • Sinister

1 0.28%
  • Exodus

3 0.85%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 1.14%
  • Quentin Quire

4 1.14%
  • Legion

8 2.27%
  • Shadow King

6 1.70%
  • Other

7 1.99%
Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Because Xavier and Rachel were off planet at that moment.
    Except we saw Exodus definitively beat Rachel who was backed by 2 teams of veteran X-Men and who was drained by Rogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    We’re back to numbers? Okay.

1) Emma allowed Rachel to recover? Can you PLEASE talk about these pages with without making stuff up entirely? Which panel exactly did that happen in, lol?

Also as I told you before, Rachel wasn’t trying to annihilate Emma. No one was trying to actually kill another X-Man here.

2) Xavier suckerpunched Exodus with a high power psi-blast and all he did was briefly stagger him. And this was after he’d had multiple fights, including one with an Eternal, had just shrugged off multiple X-Men and Avengers just panels before, including your beloved Storm like she was nothing, and at this point was confirmed fatigued on panel. This wasn’t exactly the same weakened Exodus Emma lucked out with.

3) Actually it did, Exodus told Emma as much and she acknowledged that. Then Dust (not Emma) won the fight.

Sinister’s another character who’s been displayed incredibly inconsistently. From taking on a ton of X-Men simultaneously and them being practically helpless against him to getting his ass handed to him by X-23 chopping off his hands. It’s baffling.

4) Except Rachel’s unlimited potential was after she’d entirely separated from the Phoenix and referred to just her natural telekinesis and telepathy. You’ve “explained” something that not in any actual comic.

The Greys having an aptitude for being Phoenix avatars is irrelevant. It’s not been exclusive to them in over 3 decades now.

5) You can think what you like, that doesn’t mean it’s canon. And your Phoenix scans don’t prove your point in the least, did you post the wrong pages?

And again, the Selene pages are irrelevant. Rachel wasn’t Phoenix in Reload or Gold and that’s where her unlimited potential was referenced. Her limits are only defined by her imagination, like her mom and brothers.
    1) In this scan, Emma knocks Rachel flat on her butt, takes her weapons from her, and deconstructs her armor. Notice how she stands there with Rachel's swords talking to her rather than going in for the kill: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/uGjEOUbui4...3vcU6BDt=s1600

So, after Emma gives Rachel this respite so graciously, she allows Rachel to recover and come at her again on the very next page:
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/gdhk9kam2_...FvnkwE9V=s1600

Also, Rachel was serious in the scans above. She wanted to take Emma down while all Emma wanted to do was talk some sense into her.

2) Stop making stuff up. First off, Xavier was stated to be the most powerful psi on the planet, putting him above Exodus. Secondly, it was not a sucker punch. Xavier knew Exodus would be expecting a mindblast from him, which Exodus affirmed. It was also clearly established that Xavier's only aim was to distract him so that Black Knight could chop him with his energy sword. Now, read the scans below.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/OuSNJ0ScIH...3LcjSz_0=s1600
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/KoimHnXdd5...Tu71WFga=s1600

3) Already dealt with this. It's Emma>>Exodus>>>>>Rachel.

As far as the rest of your points, already took of them too in our earlier posts. Not going to go over that again.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-20-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Sifting through the 8 billion and one minds in the hecatomb
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Sifting through the 8 billion and one minds in the hecatomb
    Interesting, and Rachel was going to hurt herself by sifting through the minds of Earth's population which is less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Interesting, and Rachel was going to hurt herself by sifting through the minds of Earth's population which is less than that.
    There you go confirmed 8 billion. I believe the original number was like 16 billion but the hecatomb could only absorb 8 billion.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yup it's 8 billion
    who do you think is most powerful telepath according to top 5?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well Xavier is Marvel's premiere telepath. He cast his thoughts from the Sh'iar empire IRRC to the Earth during the brood saga I think. He also has a billion mind feat. I don't think Emma is far behind though. She did better against the Skrulls telepaths in secret invasion then he did.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-20-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Well Xavier is Marvel's premiere telepath. He cast his thoughts from the Sh'iar empire IRRC to the Earth. He also has a billion mind feat. I don't think Emma is far behind though. She did better against the Skrulls telepaths in secret invasion then he did.
    lolol fair enough. I guess its fair to say u think Xavier is number one, emma number 2, and who would follow?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I'm starting to think Emma might be stronger than Cassandra Nova now.

I'd put Xavier and Shadow King at the top (Bogan is supposed to be a Xavier-level telepath, too). Underneath them, I'd put Emma.

However, I don't know if it's fair to put Shadow King on the list since he's not a true telepath. He's a psychic demonic-like entity who was birthed from the first nightmare. Bogan is also something other than human. In that case, I'd probably put Xavier as #1 and Emma as #2 and just leave SK and Bogan out of the rankings altogether.

lolol fair enough. I guess its fair to say u think Xavier is number one, emma number 2, and who would follow?
    Exodus. But I'm not counting Cassandra Nova. Who I think should be above Xavier given she ensnared him while he had a cerbra. I think Shadow King is up there and so is Bogan.

And then there's Bedlam as well the mind Juggernaut

Exodus. But I'm not counting Cassandra Nova. Who I think should be above Xavier given she ensnared him while he had a cerbra. I think Shadow King is up there and so is Bogan.

oh so Cassandra would be the most powerful telepath even over Xavier.. I see thanks. where do u think Jean would fall?

BANNED

In the case with Nova, I got the picture that she caught Xavier off-guard. Yeah, he was using Cerebra, but I don't think he had his guard up for a psi-attack. Also, when Phoenix Force-possessed Jean used Cerebra to boost her powers further to split Xavier's mind into a million different people, didn't Xavier defeat Nova when she put on Cerebra and found him waiting for her? I have not read the issue in ages. While I think Nova could potentially equal Xavier, I am not convinced that she has developed her telepathic powers to the extent he has. Also, I'm thinking Emma might be able to give her a run for her money.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    In the case with Nova, I got the picture that she caught Xavier off-guard. When Phoenix Force-possessed Jean used Cerebra to boost her powers further to split Xavier's mind into a million different people, didn't Xavier defeat Nova when she put on Cerebra and found him waiting for her? I have not read the issue in ages. While I think Nova could potentially equal Xavier, I am not convinced that she has developed her telepathic powers to the extent he has. Also, I don't think she can handle some of Emma's showings that are being posted right now in this thread.
    Oh yeah he actually did kick her out too. Forgot about that

BANNED

Oh yeah he actually did kick her out too. Forgot about that
    Exactly, and when he kicked her out, his mind was scattered and only coming back together, if I remember correctly.

oh so Cassandra would be the most powerful telepath even over Xavier.. I see thanks. where do u think Jean would fall?
    I won't comment on where Jean should place she's powerful sure. Though to make the X-Men workable they should give more credence to her telekinesis then to her telepathy. There's issues with Jean the Phoenix feats, the psi absorbing power teen Jean which is an extra power not telepathy based , normal Jeans feats and where different people think she should rank given she is Xaviers student. Naturally people feel she should be the most powerful as it fills that trope
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-20-2018 at 04:04 PM.