Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Who is her friend? I haven't read Ironheart comics.

But maybe she can interact with Monica, in a "support for on-screen black female friendshi
    Pretty sure she’ll hang out with teens her own age

BANNED

Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau and Storm Ororo Munroe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau and Storm Ororo Munroe
    Misty Knight’s been a leader as well.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Pretty sure she’ll hang out with teens her own age
    Haha, I don't mean hang out, I mean like older character who gives her missions kind of thing, like Tony and Peter in the MCU. I was just responding to an earlier post about lack of black women being friends in Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I figured they'd go with the scaled back version of Monica's powers from the one-shot for TV. Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch will get to be massively powerful, either on the same level or greater than their comic book versions. Monica, on the other hand, will get reduced in power, or they'll introduce some other limiting plot device. Marvel.
    Ehh, I'm still hopeful on the subject of Monica's powers in the MCU. I think if they truly were intending on nerfing her, they wouldn't have had her turning intangible and moving faster than bullets in the first place, even if only to avoid the redundancy of having a character other than Vision phasing through stuff. The bullets could have simply fallen off of her to indicate she absorbed all of their kinetic energy, but they instead chose to recreate a panel of a fully empowered Rambeau from Mighty Avengers practically verbatim.

Monica hasn't even consciously utilized her abilities yet and only becomes semi aware of them in one of the last scenes. I think the glimpses we've gotten bode well for her portrayal power-wise. I don't think they'll be physical in nature to differentiate her abilities from Carol's. I have a lot of critiques, but surprisingly, Monica's power level wasn't really one of them.
    Last edited by Baby_Hater666; 03-06-2021 at 11:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    Ehh, I'm still hopeful on the subject of Monica's powers in the MCU. I think if they truly were intending on nerfing her, they wouldn't have had her turning intangible and moving faster than bullets in the first place, even if only to avoid the redundancy of having a character other than Vision phasing through stuff. The bullets could have simply fallen off of her to indicate she absorbed all of their kinetic energy, but they instead chose to recreate a panel of a fully empowered Rambeau from Mighty Avengers practically verbatim.

Monica hasn't even consciously utilized her abilities yet and only becomes semi aware of them in one of the last scenes. I think the glimpses we've gotten bode well for her portrayal power-wise. I don't think they'll be physical in nature to differentiate her abilities from Carol's. I have a lot of critiques, but surprisingly, Monica's power level wasn't really one of them.
    I don't see how Vision and Photon would be redundant considering Thor and Carol effectively have a similar power set. In fact, I'd rather see two intangible people than another vague gymnast or spy with no powers but a leather suit. Plus she also turned semi-visible there. The next step is invisible!

Seriously, though, I agree with you about Monica's powers. I don't think they'll nerf her. I mean, what reason would there be for that. To prop up Carol? She's already really powerful.

Extraordinary Member

That's probably due to the unfortunate lack of black characters in general.
    I don't agree with this.
    There alot black characters.
    In fact there are some folks who complain there are over represented in u.s comics and in mcu.
    There is already thread where someone thinks that most of the marvel latino characters are black and hogging up most of the latino representation in marvel.
    It's not true of course.

Anyway their representation in about the same as their population percentage maybe abit more.

In fact it's 20%(abit more infact) and growing in the mcu for sample.
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe is 61% White, But Does That Matter
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/anharka...h=212605a94482
    The black population in the u.s. is less 15%.

New black characters are created all the time as well just like east asian,white etc.. but only certian handful will be shown on team books,supporting,lead roles etc.. just like any other group.

DC and Marvel comics are highly diverse.They are more diverse then dc and marvel movies on average.The dc and marvel shows are more diverse then dc and marvel movies too on average.
    The new black female ironman is really called iron-heart by the way.Tony stark is still around.There are alot of black,asian and latino superheroes in dc and marvel comics and other comics in the u.s.
    There are alot of brown and some native american superheroes too in comics.So a lot of poc superheroes are in comics in the u.s. and worldwide like asia, latin america,africa,europe etc..It's growing.
    There are other superhero comics/companies that are from the americas, latin america,africa,native american,arab,asian,europe etc..etc.. as well

Black Superheroes list
    http://worldofblackheroes.com/black-superheroes/
    Last edited by mace11; 03-06-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post

I was disappointed we didn't get to see her outrun Pietro.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I don't agree with this.
    There alot black characters.
    In fact there are some folks who complain there are over represented in u.s comics and in mcu.
    There is already thread where someone thinks that most of the marvel latino characters are black and hogging up most of the latino representation in marvel.
    It's not true of course.
    Oh, I guess the black characters just need to interact more then.

Aren't most black Latinos actually mixed anyway? I mean, I would like to see more Native American and mixed representation, both Latino and Anglo (I don't even really use the term Latino). They are underrepresented. But the answer isn't too take away from black representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was disappointed we didn't get to see her outrun Pietro.
    It would have been cool

Extraordinary Member

My quick thoughts on monica and powers in wandavision.
    I thought she was done well and she was one of main characters on the show and had a important role.
    I thought they would show more of her powers but when i think about i am fine with it now.
    They wanted to save what she could do more of in later shows and movies and not focus too much on her powers and keep what she could do as more of a mystery,so i have no problem with that.
    She had some good character development and it's clear to me she will get more further character development down the road.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-06-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

My quick thoughts on monica and powers in wandavision.
    I thought she was done well and she was one of main characters on the show and had a important role.
    I thought they would show more of her powers but when i think about i am fine with it now.
    They wanted to save what she could do more of in later shows and movies and not focus too much on her powers and keep what she could do has more of a mystery,so i have no problem with that.
    She had some good character development and it's clear to me she will get more further character development down the road.
    Makes sense. I do feel she took Wanda's side a bit quickly.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, I guess the black characters just need to interact more then.

Aren't most black Latinos actually mixed anyway? I mean, I would like to see more Native American and mixed representation, both Latino and Anglo (I don't even really use the term Latino). They are underrepresented. But the answer isn't too take away from black representation.

It would have been cool
    In real life i think most have some forms of admixture or maybe a large minority if not most.(i am still not too clear on this)
    But in comics do most have other race admixture?No
    I am clear on that.

For comics it needs to shown or be canon or mention just like any other groups.
    For example most white americans have some other race admixture themselves(looking at recent dna test results) but in comics most do not have any other race admixture.
    Note-For those who do have admixture in comics it's kept simple.

Latino characters are not really underrepresented in comics either.
    The latino characters that are underrepresented in comics are white latinos,not the poc ones.

Extraordinary Member

Makes sense. I do feel she took Wanda's side a bit quickly.
    I think she is very pro superhero plus what happen to her in the hex with wanda.
    The very pro superhero stuff comes from when she was little girl and knowing carol.
    I don't think she is as extreme as kamala khan but that's how her character was set up in the mcu,so it's understandable.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-06-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is back and forth chat from another thread.

THREAD: ARE ALL OF MARVEL’S LATINO CHARACTERS BLACK?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe
    Hispanics are very under represented in Marvel Comics. There are more Native Americans in the MU than Hispanics.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11
    This is not true by the way.
    Anyway the poc latinos are not underrepresented but the white latinos are.
    In real life most latinos are classified as white in the u.s.a. so if you want more latino representation,which ones?
    So be careful what you wish for because you might just get it,and then some folks would be complaining why there are so many white latinos.

THREAD: ARE ALL OF MARVEL’S LATINO CHARACTERS BLACK?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...aracters-Black
    and
    THREAD: REPTIL GETS A MINISERIES IN MAY 2021
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...53#post5391253

Ultimate Member

In real life i think most have some forms of admixture or maybe a large minority if not most.(i am still not too clear on this)
    But in comics do most have other race admixture?No
    I am clear on that.

For comics it needs to shown or be canon or mention just like any other groups.
    For example most white americans have some other race admixture themselves(looking at recent dna test results) but in comics most do not have any other race admixture.
    Note-For those who do have admixture in comics it's kept simple.

Latino characters are not really underrepresented in comics either.
    The latino characters that are underrepresented in comics are white latinos,not the poc ones.
    But white Latinos are white then, aren't they? Why do they need it? There isn't that many biracial or triracial Latinos in Marvel I can think of.