Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I'll never criticize Liefeld's art due to the fact that I'm no better. What I do want say is that I wish he'd stop using Wolverine in his projects though. Dude claims to be a big fan of Logan, but all I've seen him do over the years is use him to get some of his creations to get one over on Logan. He started it with Cable, did it with Deadpool, continued the trend with Shatterstar, and now this new lame looking character.
    Bravo to Liefeld lol. Heaven knows there's lots of characters constantly jobbed out to Logan. Least Liefeld will give him some L's. lol

Major X has done what most of Logan's Rogue Gallery rarely does today. lol

Provided he's not an existing time-traveled character, I vote Major X for Logan's new arch rival. lol Tied with DP.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-09-2019 at 10:57 AM.

BANNED

but yeah no matter how you hack it someone is always going to be jobbed to the title character which in this case is Logan. sentry and Jane thor have been doing the same thing in their books.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-11-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    but yeah no matter how you hack it someone is always going to be jobbed to the title character which in this case is Logan. sentry and Jane thor have been doing the same thing in their books.
    Jobbing isn't good for any character. I think it's an example of bad writing when you have to under-perform characters to make pets look good. And it's a huge problem with team books where they're basically solos in disguise. One, maybe 2, characters are get all the good moments & the story centers on them. Meanwhile the rest of the cast is around to look incompetent or be wallpaper on a good day.

Gold had this issue the biggest. Followed by Weapon X. Not sure about Astonishing. But since we're stuck with this form of biased fan writing, then turn about is fair play.

But it'd be good to get objective, non-biased writers in general where all the characters get their even due. Win some, lose some, and make things competitive. When one characters is always winning or always losing, it eventually gets stale. It's like MMA fights. I love Cris Cyborg, but I rarely rushed to watch her recent UFC fights, because I knew she was gonna win. lol Amanda Nunes was her biggest test, and that was a fight I was anxious for. And behold, Nunes is the first to beat her in 13 years. I am a fan of both, but I rooted for Amanda as the underdog. Cyborg is similar to Wolverine (except i'm not a fan). We know 98% of the time, his opponent will be jobbed. So his fights are predictable. Meanwhile, should he ever lose or at least be pushed a bit, it's a nice change of pace. I would say this about any character.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-11-2019 at 04:19 PM.

BANNED

Isn't Liefeld rich enough to retire yet?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Isn't Liefeld rich enough to retire yet?
    When something is your passion, you never retire. I may not be a fan of his artwork, but there's no denying the man's love of comics.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I struggle to understand how he finds work, his art is utterly appalling. That isn't even his worst! You would think by now he would at least have tried to get some sort of understanding of human anatomy, but no.

I mean, it isn't actually going to matter what the story is like, it is going to be ruined by the ridiculous "art".
    Truer words have never been spoken! Definitely one of THE worst artists in comics.

Just saw he's doing a JL cover (pic attached). Ugghh... so ugly! What's up with Supes' torso and chest? Batman's face? Wonder Woman's face? So many things just look "off" on these characters. And this is him drawing after being in the business for decades?!
    jan190608__87780.1550695425.jpg
    Last edited by RickWJ324; 03-11-2019 at 10:03 AM. Reason: added pic

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken! Definitely one of THE worst artists in comics.

Just saw he's doing a JL cover (pic attached). Ugghh... so ugly! What's up with Supes' torso and chest? Batman's face? Wonder Woman's face? So many things just look "off" on these characters. And this is him drawing after being in the business for decades?!
    Batman: "Clark...John...what are you idiots doing? Your left arm is supposed to go like this, see? Grrrr!!!"
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Incredible Member

WTF? It isn't even funny anymore. At least way back when I could laugh at it, the joke has really worn thin now!

Because Why Not? Stan was the Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    WTF? It isn't even funny anymore. At least way back when I could laugh at it, the joke has really worn thin now!
    I know it's been posted a million times on the 'net, but how in the **** could anyone publish a picture that looks like this (and how could the artist even put his name on it without total embarrassment):

rob-liefeld3.jpg

and you have to love these torsos:

rob-liefeld9.jpg
    Last edited by RickWJ324; 03-12-2019 at 06:55 AM.

I know it's been posted a million times on the 'net, but how in the **** could anyone publish a picture that looks like this (and how could the artist even put his name on it without total embarrassment):

rob-liefeld3.jpg
    America loves big boobs

BANNED

Is Major X supposed to be like Squirrel Girl and like Gwenpool? mixed and mashed as one? Because if he's a joke character.......do we really need another one?

The Dialogue is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Bravo to Liefeld lol. Heaven knows there's lots of characters constantly jobbed out to Logan. Least Liefeld will give him some L's. lol

Major X has done what most of Logan's Rogue Gallery rarely does today. lol

Provided he's not an existing time-traveled character, I vote Major X for Logan's new arch rival. lol Tied with DP.
    What characters have been jobbed out to Logan? Maybe Logan was simply just better than them. I bet you'll change yo tune tho once Liefeld wants to use Sabretooth in one of his projects and have him get his ass kick by a X-23 knockoff named Razorback(who happens to have adamantium blades protruding from her back for some reason). Oh and she's a 10 year old who knows all forms of combat on Earth and has been training for all 10 of those years(she started in the womb) to take Creed out because he murdered her father(who was a former Weapon X scientist

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    What characters have been jobbed out to Logan? Maybe Logan was simply just better than them. I bet you'll change yo tune tho once Liefeld wants to use Sabretooth in one of his projects and have him get his ass kick by a X-23 knockoff named Razorback(who happens to have adamantium blades protruding from her back for some reason). Oh and she's a 10 year old who knows all forms of combat on Earth and has been training for all 10 of those years(she started in the womb) to take Creed out because he murdered her father(who was a former Weapon X scientist
    Ok, well maybe Major X is just better than Logan. How do we know he's jobbing here? Lol Same for Cable, who may just be better. than Logan.

And i'm not too worried about Sabretooth at this point. It's pretty clear he's not a popular character that's taken seriously and his whole purpose is being a whipped pussy. Weapon X was the last train wreck from the X-Office I plan to sit through for him. And that was horrible enough.

Otherwise, unless I hear phenomenal reviews for something, I don't plan to read anything he shows up in. Unless it's outside of the X-Office -like Iron Fist and Black Widow. Or What Could've Been trivia from Bunn. lol

Otherwise, we'll just get more of this.
    http://fangirl-bakery.tumblr.com/pos...again-come-may
    Started with a few examples, but there was so many, I had to keep going. lol And I'm not finished yet.

Hopefully my other few favs. will have something better waiting.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-12-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ok, well maybe Major X is just better than Logan. How do we know he's jobbing here? Lol Same for Cable, who may just be better. than Logan.

And i'm not too worried about Sabretooth at this point. It's pretty clear he's not a popular character that's taken seriously. And his whole purpose now is being a whipped pussy. Weapon X was the last thing from the X-Office I plan to sit through for him.

Otherwise, unless I hear phenomenal reviews for something, I don't plan to read any of his stories again. Unless it's outside of the X-Office -like Iron Fist & Black Widow.

Otherwise, we'll just get more of this.
    http://fangirl-bakery.tumblr.com/pos...again-come-may

Hopefully my other few favs. will have something better waiting. Deadpool is on the fence.
    Only under Liefeld's watch. He never let's Logan win ever and he supposedly his favorite X-character besides his creations. For some reason he see's Logan as this super high measuring stick and the only way to get his creations any kind of credibility is to have them win against him. As for Sabretooth, he is popular. He's connected to the most famous X-Man of all time being his arch nemesis. When Marvel and DC had their crossover, it was Creed and Joker(DC's most popular villain) who fused into Hyena. All characters go through a bad spell, it's just Creed's turn. His just been a bit longer than others(him and Storm can compare notes or something).