Page 76 of 167 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2505

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Does anyone know if Tony did anything in War of the realms #5?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yesterday's issue was very good and not fill-in-y, because it actually picks up right where the last issue left off and is more about the ongoing story than the tie-in. It doesn't even take place during the event, the threat is sent to Tony right before the invasion. Also, the dragon looks great and good kitty Shapiro puts in work. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY--

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Thanks Snoop Dogg as always. LOL. Iron man and the War Machine dwarves. That has awesome written all over it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

War of the Realms has been very fun so far. Unless your a Thor fan.......they are pretty pissed.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    War of the Realms has been very fun so far. Unless your a Thor fan.......they are pretty pissed.
    Why is that out of curiosity? Haven't caught up to the present yet on my read-through. Just finished Siege.
    Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    Why is that out of curiosity? Haven't caught up to the present yet on my read-through. Just finished Siege.
    They feel Jason Aaron has done a lot of damage to the character. Visit the Thor Odinson thread and you can see what I mean. TBH for this event to be Asgard focused Thor really hasn’t had a large role in this event.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Yesterday's issue was very good and not fill-in-y, because it actually picks up right where the last issue left off and is more about the ongoing story than the tie-in. It doesn't even take place during the event, the threat is sent to Tony right before the invasion. Also, the dragon looks great and good kitty Shapiro puts in work. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY--

Is that liquor? Is Tony drinking again?

No, at the end it says he resisted it. Basically he tries to create a gizmo to cure alcoholism, and the booze is there to see if it works. In the end, the gizmo doesn't work but he resists it anyway because he needs to to be able to save lives.

"War Machine Dwarves"

Sometimes too much is too much, but I understand some people probably love this stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "War Machine Dwarves"

Sometimes too much is too much, but I understand some people probably love this stuff .
    I'm glad Tony and dwarves as his little homies is now an established part of Iron Man lore going back a decade.

I'm glad Tony and dwarves as his little homies is now an established part of Iron Man lore going back a decade.
    What, Fear Itself?

I kind of liked it more there...

BANNED

Yesterday's issue was very good and not fill-in-y, because it actually picks up right where the last issue left off and is more about the ongoing story than the tie-in. It doesn't even take place during the event, the threat is sent to Tony right before the invasion.
    Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by how locked into the current run this tie-in was. It felt much more essential to those currently reading IM than to anyone reading WotR who wanted more of that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    They feel Jason Aaron has done a lot of damage to the character. Visit the Thor Odinson thread and you can see what I mean.
    To be fair, it's just the same group of people who've been complaining about Aaron's Thor run forever but yet somehow keep reading it.

It's funny how a writer can have a run on a character that is, by any measure, hugely successful but there's always disgruntled fans who believe it to be an abject failure, as though the critical acclaim, sustained high sales and fan enthusiasm is somehow illusory.

Speaking of Aaron, I think he'd be a good fit for Tony if only because he tends to "revamp" characters to be more Stark-like.

Although his Iron Man in Avengers is just...decent.

iMan 42s

Thor sales near as I can tell are fine. However critical reception and monetary success are different subjects than character portrayal. In reality, a book can sell well and or be good, but a run can misrepresent its character(s) otherwise. And honestly that is the point I think they're trying to make, and it's either not coming off well or it's getting confused with personal biases on both sides of the argument. And like was discussed before; this accounts for issues ordered, not how many had been sold to the masses. 20-50 thousand on Comichron is an estimation of how much shops ordered, not how many people actually bought. Now clearly something is going right in that the book has been ordered above the cancellation limit and we simply don't know about digital sales. But Marvel operates on retail shipping and not us outside of digital.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a horse in that race seeing as I don't regularly pick up Thor, and I just don't care about WOTR enough to even bother with a tie-in. But I just see this argument so much regarding "muh sales", "reception", and "characterization", that we all need to realize that there are more factors to the success of a title that we don't know about and generally don't think about. It's not all shipping and reception though they play the big roles in that. And frankly unless it's blatant, it's hard to dissect a run until it's over since even personal biases of those who hated or enjoyed it can be radically different after a second look.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Was very nice to see some Tony POV in an Iron Man book. Too bad Gail is only around for two issues. And I appreciate how she didn't derail an ongoing story just because her issues are part of an event.