Page 553 of 626 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If x-force can’t bring out some of teen Jean’s fun and fiery personality traits, nothing can.

Help us, x-force! You’re our only hope.
    Well, we've already seen fire, or at least severity, posted above, so here's hoping!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Well, we've already seen fire, or at least severity, posted above, so here's hoping!
    As someone that's seen more than just that panel... I'm pleased.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I am very excited for tomorrow's issue. Naturally I would be over 6 hours away from home and will spend most of the day tomorrow traveling back home from a meeting. But I will happily go to the comic store as soon as I can and will probably get the issue online so I don't have to wait.

We have waited long enough to see a fiery, confident and powerful Jean. My only concern is the level of violence and/or questionable things that Jean may participate in. I see Jean as a person who doesn't want to be violent but will do what she has to do in order to protect innocents, those she loves, and her people (mutants). She is definitely capable of violence, but I don't want her to go all Wolverine or Psylocke if you know what I mean.

I am glad she is in the darker and grittier book. I hope she gets plenty of focus (I don't mean every issue). I am intrigued by Benjamin Percy. I really enjoy his interviews. I've never read anything from him before but the preview looked really good. I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am very excited for tomorrow's issue. Naturally I would be over 6 hours away from home and will spend most of the day tomorrow traveling back home from a meeting. But I will happily go to the comic store as soon as I can and will probably get the issue online so I don't have to wait.

We have waited long enough to see a fiery, confident and powerful Jean. My only concern is the level of violence and/or questionable things that Jean may participate in. I see Jean as a person who doesn't want to be violent but will do what she has to do in order to protect innocents, those she loves, and her people (mutants). She is definitely capable of violence, but I don't want her to go all Wolverine or Psylocke if you know what I mean.

I am glad she is in the darker and grittier book. I hope she gets plenty of focus (I don't mean every issue). I am intrigued by Benjamin Percy. I really enjoy his interviews. I've never read anything from him before but the preview looked really good. I am excited.
    I agree with the Second paragraph. I feel that teen jean toed that line the best overall, which is why I feel optimistic that this version will be much closer to that version than what we had in the recent few runs with adult jean.
    Last edited by Grey; 11-05-2019 at 11:39 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If x-force can’t bring out some of teen Jean’s fun and fiery personality traits, nothing can.

Help us, x-force! You’re our only hope.
    Teen Jean? Wtf. Those are adult Jean’s personality traits too if you read beyond the preachy, neutered care bear Tom Taylor turned her into.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Teen Jean? Wtf. Those are adult Jean’s personality traits too if you read beyond the preachy, neutered care bear Tom Taylor turned her into.
    Adult Jean was kicking ass before she became preachy Jean in Red.

DvS-M8yX0AMGxES.jpg

I remember first reading this issue with her taking out the U-Men and loving her.

Just read X-Force #1. Jean Grey has a handful of moments, but she shines in every one of them. Definitely worth picking up!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just read X-Force #1. Jean Grey has a handful of moments, but she shines in every one of them. Definitely worth picking up!
    Can't wait to get out of class and read it.

Can I say I love your always positive reviews?

Fantastic Member

Of all the Dawn of X I've read so far, X-Force seems to be the one that interests me the most (I know am bias coz it has Jean on it). After reading X-Force #1, I am excited for things to come in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Can't wait to get out of class and read it.

Can I say I love your always positive reviews?
    Thanks! It helps when there have been a lot of positives to focus in lately, especially with Jean Grey.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Why all this x-men Red slander?

the book was pretty great and Jean was amazing on it, I know the average of comic books is solve everything on punch. I liked the more cerebral approach when they could do it

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Why all this x-men Red slander?

the book was pretty great and Jean was amazing on it, I know the average of comic books is solve everything on punch. I liked the more cerebral approach when they could do it
    The issue is not that it was cerebral, but that Jean seemed like a pacifist who would never ever pull the trigger when it's the reasonable thing to do, which she historically has, and very effectively so.

I liked what Taylor was going for, but it got old and veered into OOC territory for me by the end when they actually mass-produced Magneto helmets.

On another topic: Jean didn't get much action in X-Force 1, but her personality (all shades of it) really shone through. I liked it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    The issue is not that it was cerebral, but that Jean seemed like a pacifist who would never ever pull the trigger when it's the reasonable thing to do, which she historically has, and very effectively so.

I liked what Taylor was going for, but it got old and veered into OOC territory for me by the end when they actually mass-produced Magneto helmets.

On another topic: Jean didn't get much action in X-Force 1, but her personality (all shades of it) really shone through. I liked it a lot.
    She didn't needed to pull the trigger and went the other way. It was a nice out of the traditional punches everything.

FYI i loved passionate frustrated Jean in X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She didn't needed to pull the trigger and went the other way. It was a nice out of the traditional punches everything.
    I know what Taylor was going for, but that, IMO, actually lessened Cassie Nova's character for me. I wish he had written a better way to outsmart her.

CGAR, yes, proactive yet kind and empathetic Jean in X-Force gave me life.