Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I want the bald man gone I' sick of him.

Astonishing Member

So all the fancy stuff Krakoa can suddently do and how it's bio-mass can be used for machinery is indeed thanks to Warlock fusing with it. Which means the entire mutant nation is overy relying on techno-organic machinery too. Just with a different paintjob. Oh the irony.

Ouch for the cuckoos. Seems that being a hive mind is not easy when all the parts are still so human, with individual ability for emotions, feelings and thinking.
    Though i wonder if that part is actualy meant to reflect how under all the pretense of superiority, talk of forming "circuits" and being above them, mutants are and remain fundamentaly human (with all the good and bad that entails), compared to the machine humanity that Karima comes which desires to get rid of these traits?

Also great. Now we get another set of time traveling unrealiable narrators on how there is no co-existence possible and one side has to "win".

Overall i think i would feel more tension in all of this, if i didn't knew for a fact that no side here can ever win. Earth in the Marvel Universe has to remain reflective of present day real world Earth (and the general layout of the Solar system too, so Planet Arrako's days are numbered too), because of the "the world through our window" approach to how the universe is set up.

So unpowered humanity can't be replaced by mutants (or any kind of super human people) anytime soon (or entirely given what we know about the division of powers mutants can have), because the world has to remain reflective of our own (My Hero Academy has the advantage there by turning the super humans into normality and make their world reflective of our own anyway) but mutants can't completely "lose" either, because they are a fundamental part of the fictional element of the Marvel Universe and they are a million dollar sub-franchise of Marvel (plus being constant stand ins for metaphors for discrimination, etc.).

Which overall means the only stable and "believable" path for mutant heros is and remains fighting to achieve co-existence.

Moira X and Karima X in this regard are basicly demagogs making the allready tense and problematic situation worse, by trying to enforce their limited visions upon others, who they sway by pandering to their fears and desires.

Still despite the obvious longterm outcome. This is a fascinating read.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-08-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I want the bald man gone I' sick of him.
    When I saw the Destiny of X promo with Charles at the center I was like, "Y'all aint get rid of him yet?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I'm enjoying this but it's really all over the place. Hickman usually does well with big ideas, but I think this is just too many big ideas coming together all at once. The Omega Sentinel reveal was interesting, but it felt really rushed and too much telling, not showing. I've mostly enjoyed Hickman's X-work, but I don't think he's been the franchise savior he was propped up to be.
    I don't place the bulk of the blame at Hickman's feet personally. Plans have changed from their inception and I highly doubt Hickman wanted to wrap up his X-Men Epic with a 5 issue mini event. A lot of what's been going on in this event and especially with this issue was probably meant to be peppered throughout Dawn of X and Reign of X Devo's backstory, OS's backstory, the Children of the Vault plotline, Doug's BTS in HoX, and the Phoenix and Dominion plotline all seem like things Hickman would have handled in his Xmen title(s) in some way shape or form..

Sooooo what exactly are people speculating was going on in that conversation between Doug and Beast regarding the corpses and what I assume are the Krakoan gate plants?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Looks like Vulcan is the chosen one and here I though miss mutant messiah was gonna save them.
    Looks like Sunspot to be honest and his power is literally solar absorption. His storyline is also taking place with the Shi’ar.

So if I'm reading this right, the Nimrod who came back from the future in the 80s and became a construction worker is from the original timeline of Moira Life X, and we're now in the branch created by that act; and now this Omega Sentinal has come back from the far future of that same timeline to found Orchis and stop the mutants from winning Life X. A lot more actually makes sense with this information, including most obviously the sudden appearance of Orchis, and how OS seemed to be nudging rather than actively participating in events - she's only intervening at key points to create the outcome she believes will stop the mutant nation. This also explains somewhat why Charles and Erik's attempts to stop Nimrod are not working, as OS has the future foresight to pre-empt anything they might try.

Also, on a meta level the ban on time travel stories in Dawn Of X makes a lot more sense - the whole thing is a time travel story!

It was a good issue. I miss RB Silva on the X-titles.

But I will say that this doesnt feel like an event book to me.

I wish Hickman had just made each one of these story beats mini arcs in his run.

He could have completed the:

Children of the Vault / Vulcan / Orchis / Phalanx

Plot threads all in probably 4 issue arcs.

Or at least he could have had Al Ewing and Zeb Wells help him.

Kind of sucks we didnt get an X-Men run like he did with his Fantastic Four run.

Are we really trusting Percy to pick up the plot threads.

Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Looks like Sunspot to be honest and his power is literally solar absorption. His storyline is also taking place with the Shi’ar.
    I dunno, super punching is nice and all, but I'm not sure he's on a "Hunting Dominions with a Phoenix Spear" power level. I figured it's Vulcan too.

Spectacular Member

They cut off her arm because the trackers were in her arm, not the rest of her body. So they pulled a Lan-Fan from Full Metal Alchemist and used the arm as a decoy.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Pretty good issue. I definitely didn't see a couple things coming like Doug/Warlock/Krakoa's nervous system to spy on Moira and Co. And the reveal with Karima.

I really enjoyed Destiny and Mystique teaming up with Emma. I hope Destiny and Mystique get a team book. I would read the hell out of more of that.

And as always the art was gorgeous, especially the page with Titan
    Make Good Art

Okay yeah i stand by my original assessment. The mutants eventually always win. This is the life from Powers of X and House of X and that would be the Karima that was sucked into the black hole so this would make this life 11 for moira. I think moira still is salty her cure choice was taken away from her and since this is life 11 and she isn't done yet she wants to do things right and that means keeping Destiny off the board inher mind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Sooooo what exactly are people speculating was going on in that conversation between Doug and Beast regarding the corpses and what I assume are the Krakoan gate plants?
    corpses infected by the legacy virus to make the medicines they give to humans

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I think Hank took the bodies of people that died with the deseases that they wanted to create a cure and told Doug to make Krakoa use that as some kind of fertilizer to create the flowers that cure humans, make them live longer etc. The Krakoan gates were created by Krakoa alone, like the habitats.

Either that or Moira just wants to flat out eradicate all of humanity. Given the fact that it seems going back to Powers of X this would inform us that humans were giving up their essence to the phalanx just to survive at this point as mutants had eradicated humanity and machines but before the upload could be complete mutants empowered by the phoenix force not only destoryed tians which would be the information backup of all humanity but robots as well they also destroyed the dominions meaning in essence humanity and machine was forced into true extinction across all reality in life 10 aside from Karima. So the only way to save humanity at this point is xavier initial dream but Karima has other plans.

*correction it is actually moria life 10, karima was shunted into the past*
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-08-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/