Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

If you're going to remove Illyana from the X-men, I don;t see the sense in removing her and sticking her with Kitty. For as close as they are, their adventures rarely, if ever overlap.

Like you remove Magik from the X-men and you basically got to drop her head first into the mystical bullshit, and that's definitely not Kitty Pryde's scene.

I could see her taken out of X-Books in favor of another title at least temporarily. She was recently used to "okay" effect in Secret Warriors and was fighting along side Wanda and Dr Strange in the cool series that pitted him against the Empirikul a couple of years ago.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Considering we're going to see some radical changes in the X-men, seems a bad time to say "this character doesn't fit the franchise anymore". Even because part of the reason why nearly all X-men characters were better used elsewhere the last few years is that the best writers weren't on the X-titles, but this will change now.

Extraordinary Member

Like I said in another thread, an important aspect of Illyana's character since at least the Bendis run is that she is someone who could easily move on from the X-Men and make life much easier for herself by going with Dr. Strange, but she instead chooses to fight for the mutant cause despite not having to. She could do like the Scarlet Witch and identify as a sorceress first and a mutant a distant second, but she doesn't. So having her make that choice now would require a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Like I said in another thread, an important aspect of Illyana's character since at least the Bendis run is that she is someone who could easily move on from the X-Men and make life much easier for herself by going with Dr. Strange, but she instead chooses to fight for the mutant cause despite not having to. She could do like the Scarlet Witch and identify as a sorceress first and a mutant a distant second, but she doesn't. So having her make that choice now would require a good reason.
    Valid point.

So stick her on an x-team book and then let her do her mystic thing in a solo

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Valid point.

So stick her on an x-team book and then let her do her mystic thing in a solo
    We can dream.....

Damn. That looks fantastic.

So gorgeous!!

Incredible Member

Would anyone be interested in a run of a year or two with Darkchyldeanaut as Illyana's primary form, like could be extrapolated from this last issue?

Given that Magik basically took over Earth when she was 14 because she accidentally forgot trying not to, I can't see her as a villian. It seems to me she is mostly always holding back, and that if she went all Emma Hellfirey, she would rule immediately (Imagine her sitting on her throne in Limbo, running time at a billion to one ratio, teleporting the heads of all her opponents to Limbo, or maybe bodily to uninhabited planets a trillion years into the future one prisoner to a world, wiping out all opposition between one heartbeat and the next...

If a writer ever decided to do it, Darkchylde could become a combo of Kang, Dormammu, and Thanos whenever she wanted (acquiring all the 616's powerful devices & relics through scrying & teleportation is one strategy, although abduction directly to jail cells was her running MO in AvX and IvX.)

Personally, I'd prefer that she eat cake and struggle to make friends (Moon Girl & Squirrel Girl are my picks), but Dark Darkchylde is a possibility, held in check only by editorial balance.

(The demon hordes of Limbo were noticably absent in War of the Realms for example.)
    Last edited by G0RM; 07-09-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Mighty Member

An always Darkchylde Magik, just runs the risk of being a Dr. Strange villain.

Aka, always capable of undoing reality, but never getting to due to Strange's machinations.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Damn. That looks fantastic.
    Marvel: Clearly we need to put her back in her original outfit. :v

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Have the 'head blades" ever been thoroughly/properly explained?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

mzzlfizzitdoublepostshizzit

I love Illyana's Darkchylde.
    I wouldn't mind her Darkchylde persona be a controlled (with the potential to get loose) go-to from time to time, as the situation dictates. (I loved when the New Mutants went on supernatural jaunts).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-10-2019 at 09:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Have the 'head blades" ever been thoroughly/properly explained?
    I mean, they’re supposed to represent devil horns. What else is there that needs to be explained? It certainly makes more sense than Magik running around in a children’s uniform despite having the ability to create her own clothes.