Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Wait, how did Moondragon die? What did I miss?
    As Drops of Venus said above. Gamora just mentioned that she was dead. That's it. Her death never appeared in the comics.

As others have said I expect she'll be treated in exactly the same way as 616 Heather and we'll never know the difference.

If Warlock or Gladiator make the cut, I’m in. I don’t read much Marvel any more, but those two are old favorites of mine.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Cates is on Twitter teasing that getting to six is going to leave some people with broken hearts. So, whose dying?

I'm going to guess Groot. He's easy to eventually bring back, Rocket is leaving him for Avengers, and he's generally a well liked and all round 'nice' character.

I'd take out Surfer, Thorse and Gladiator.....that just leaves one more to cut - maybe CGR is just there for lolz and wont stick around....I can but hope....
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Which is just pointless. They could avoid all of the narrative gymnastics by just bringing 616 Phyla back instead of killing off Heather and then instantly replacing her with a character who's going to be portrayed in the exact same way. I'm still hoping those AUs are just red herrings for the return of the 616 versions.

We don't know. Infinity Wars just acted like she was dead even though that was never mentioned before. Really poor editorial job.
    Is Thanos Imperative where Moondragon last appeared?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Cates is on Twitter teasing that getting to six is going to leave some people with broken hearts. So, whose dying?

I'm going to guess Groot. He's easy to eventually bring back, Rocket is leaving him for Avengers, and he's generally a well liked and all round 'nice' character.

I'd take out Surfer, Thorse and Gladiator.....that just leaves one more to cut - maybe CGR is just there for lolz and wont stick around....I can but hope....
    More MCU synergy with rocket?

Incredible Member

Last time I checked Moondragon was still alive considering the last time we saw her she was a part of the Knowhere Corps alongside Bug, Mantis, and Cosmo.

As for the team itself ideally I would prefer the following characters:
    Star-Lord (really is no team without him, apart from Rocket and Groot he's the one constant)
    Moondragon / Phyla-Vhell (torn, both have been part of the team and I'd love to see either of them come back but if I have to give it to one it depends if Phyla is going to be Quasar or not)
    Beta-Ray Bill (makes a good replacement for Groot and Drax as the resident powerhouse, plus it seems like the logical step for him considering his stint on the Annihilators didn't go anywhere)
    Darkhawk (this one is a long time coming imo, Chris should have joined the team sometime after War of Kings considering everything that was set up for him and Marvel really hasn't done anything with him since then)
    Nova (Richard Rider) (just like Darkhawk this seems like one of those things that should have happened a long time ago, Nova is about the only guy that could conceivably replace Quill as the teams leader/face of the Guardians)
    Adam Warlock (dude's been out of circulation for a while now, might as well bring him back)

Is that supposed to be Phyla? Why is she blue Kree now? Anyway, I was hoping this was the team. A lot of people, but a good mix of old Infinity Watch, Annihilators, Guardians, and newer cosmic.

Incredible Member

I was really pumped by the lineup until I read there would only be six of the eleven that are actually on the team, and one of the ones that makes it for sure is CGR, the only one I don't care for. I was getting an Annihilators vibe from that cover art! It finally seemed like a team that was powerful enough to actually guard the galaxy. I'll check this book out and just hope for a lot of guest stars like Imperial Guard and some Guardians 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    If Warlock or Gladiator make the cut, I’m in. I don’t read much Marvel any more, but those two are old favorites of mine.
    No way is Gladiator going to stay on the team. He's got an empire to run.
    Unless Marvel is going to destroy them as well. They've destroyed the Skrull empire, the Kree empire,... It's just a matter of time.
    #EmmaWasRight

Incredible Member

I really do lament that they never did anything with the Annihilators as I always felt that the team could have been a good counter to the Guardians with a few revisions to the team's roster (original incarnation was too OP among other things imo), but then I have thought the same thing about the Starjammers, Infinity Watch, and Knowhere Corp. All teams Marvel could have been developing and doing something with instead of relying solely on the Guardians, in the end all of them were nothing but wasted potential and missed opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    Is that supposed to be Phyla? Why is she blue Kree now? Anyway, I was hoping this was the team. A lot of people, but a good mix of old Infinity Watch, Annihilators, Guardians, and newer cosmic.
    Because she's an AU Phyla who is still Captain Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Not much love for CGR in this thread. Do people genuinely dislike him or just disappointed a new character will be taking a much coveted spot from their favourites?

This team seems interesting. I want to see more, but definitely with Moondragon on the team.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Joe View Post
    I want every Kree to be blue Kree. It's always bugged me that the ones who spend any time on Earth just *happen* to be pink. (Ditto the only Atlanteans who spend that much time on the surface, Namor and Namorita, happening to be pink.) There's like fifty thousand green-skinned people, let's have some more blue folk!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Not much love for CGR in this thread. Do people genuinely dislike him or just disappointed a new character will be taking a much coveted spot from their favourites?
    I found him fairly interesting when he was Deadpool levels insane, but they randomly made him more normal for his current solo book and I just find him far less compelling now. Plus the fact that he's Frank Castle and I've always despised the Punisher. And the whole baby Thanos storyline in his solo really annoys me too.
    Basically, I've lost any good will I had for the character.
    #EmmaWasRight