Page 5 of 113 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

If she's in then I'm with it.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

I 2nd! ^^^

Been allot of good Female Hero Choices so far on the thread, I hope allot of them at the Very Least get a chance to shine in the series
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

There should be an epic two page spread!

BANNED

What about Namora? She should get in on this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

I actually prefer the Dora Milaje

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I actually prefer the Dora Milaje
    Same. They were a neat concept.
    [tangent]
    I wouldn't mind seeing champions of other tribes, as well. We've seen the Panther tribe champion, obviously, and the Ape tribe (Man-Ape) has their own super-powered champion, but do any other Wakandan tribes have super-powered champions of their own? If the Lion and Crocodile tribes have their own champions, that could be neat, as well as other potential tribes we haven't heard of, such as Serpent or Jackal or Locust or Wildebeest or Vulture or Hyena tribes?
    [/tangent]

As for the topic, Namora, Venus and Namorita are definitely great choices! How could I forget my Agents of Atlas and New Warriors? Since characters are being shown at various time periods (Dazzler and Storm in older looks, for instance), the Invaders ladies (Lady Spitfire, Miss America, Blonde Phantom) could also make an appearance on a cover, at least.

BANNED

• In Arcadia — what Wilson describes as "this feminist paradise" — a familiar threat to Marvel fans arises again and because of it, the new team of A-Force is formed to be the superhero standard bearer.
    • In the wake of the Secret Wars destruction, readers will find the female heroes in Arcadia, a feminist utopia of sorts. When the peaceful home comes under attack from a familiar threat, the women will form the A-Force.
    Island "Domain"... feminist paradise... ya know, more & more I'm getting a distinct:

... Amazonian vibe from all this... and I'm likin' it!

Hold on, so A-Force is from a dimension where there's only female heroes?

BANNED

Huge contrast from Femizonian. In other words, I'm with Heroworship on this; it's Grade-A awesome.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MCBT View Post
    Huge contrast from Femizonian. In other words, I'm with Heroworship on this; it's Grade-A awesome.
    Well I wish Hippolyta and Thundra were in Arcadia.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Maybe they will be?

I like most of the characters shown on the cover, so I'll check it out. I just hope I'm not disappointed like I was with Fearless Defenders.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I deleted an off-color post and the responses to it, which is inappropriate especially for an appreciation thread.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Hold on, so A-Force is from a dimension where there's only female heroes?
    Not sure, scenerio's too vague, wouldn't bother me though. And funny you should bring it up, 'cause after the possible Amazonian similarities, my next:

Miscellaneous Musings & Random Ramblings: A Collection of Thoughts, Theories, Questions, & hopefully... eventually... Answers!

... revolves around pondering the question of: "Where, exactly, do our heroines come from?"

• For the most part, it appears the 616, albeit from differing time periods. Spider-Gwen seems to be the only real AU character. BUT...
    • How did they all get there? My guess is Singularity. Why are they all there? Too hard to tell... at this time. And from where did they get pulled from?

1. At first, I just thought Singularity would assemble them using her dimensional nexus abilities, and make select choices throughout Marvel 616's timeline (+ a few popular alts here & there, like S-G). Essentially making them duplicate versions of our still existing real deals in the "Manhattan" zone's MU, picked for a specific reason & perhaps a very special purpose, like possibly... eventually... merging with, altering, & ultimately...
      replacing their original counterparts when SW's all said & done.

THEN...
    2. ... it was WAIT!... Maybe they've actually been plucked by Singularity from the various other Domains themselves, not necessarily prior to and/or outside of Battleworld, as I initially surmised. Maybe they even go there of their own accord, drawn to Arcadia & the enigmatic embodiment of SW herself. NOW, however, thanks to this:
    3. In the wake of the Secret Wars destruction, readers will find the female heroes in Arcadia, a feminist utopia of sorts. When the peaceful home comes under attack from a familiar threat, the women will form the A-Force.
      ... I wonder if our 616 heroines all just... end up there, as a result of SW. That's the way it kinda sounds there, though intuitively it seems really unlikely, as it's pretty extreme... and doesn't make a whole lot of sense on a multitude of levels.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-12-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    People are already saying it's only going to be a mini??
    It better NOT BE.
    That is the last thing women need right now. To be dumbed-down to a mini. Yyyyyuuuucccckkkkk.
    Maybe it's a test run. Like Transformers (1984) and Black Panther (Hudlin run) were slated to be minis bit became long running series.

They might be keeping it vague until they see the sales. Although I would keep it as a good source to showcase your female heroines. I see this as a book that will reach more folks in trade (including libraries & schools). At least if someone is on a budget they can get this instead of debating which female lead trade to get (which in my school/libraries is Cap Marvel & Black Widow. Ms Marvel is still on the way).