View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 665 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1655656156556616626636646656666676686696757157651165 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 21662

Very nice Hellblazer books, I plan on having him bind the series for me at some point. These make me want to speed up that plan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Hey Guys,

just saw this comment and the same goes for the Batman New Gotham Trade. To me this makes next to none sense. They just (finally) finished the Cataclysm/No Man's Land arc with the release of the second Road to ... and this one would be the start of the new era post NML.

On top of it: the german retailer which published Batman during these years stopped putting out the German comics exactly at the end of NML. So I never had the chance to read this era of Batman Comics and was looking forward to it.

Any idea if this one is just a push back or gone for good?
    Since Rucka and DC have made nice, DC has been releasing a bunch of Rucka TPBs and HCs.

So I think they rushed to turn the old "Evolution" trade into this new "New Gotham" book. However, in the previous branding, the "New Gotham" subtitle included the "Evolution" trade as well as the "Officer Down" trade. Rucka didn't write "Officer Down."

So I think what we will see is that rather than pushing this "New Gotham" book as a Rucka deal, they're probably going to fold in other stuff like "Officer Down" and make it more like the other NML-branded books.

In any event, I don't believe either the existing "Evolution" or "Officer Down" TPBs are hard to find.

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on July 28, 2016 (Order# 109-9479080-5262663). The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.

Various "Supergirl: The Bronze Age Vol. 1"
    Release date: December 31, 2034

Long wait for this one.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Really loving all this Omnibus and Deluxe Edition collecting in my life that started this summer. Boy, was I missing out after coming back to comics after a couple decades.

Seeking advice...

I've order some non DC titles for my husband and I to check out. If we don't like them, we'll sell them. I've ordered the TPB 100 Bullets, the HC of Y: the Last Man, HC of the Watchmen, and I have funds to buy one more.
    I have no idea if we'll like these, but thought I would give it a try.
    I also wanted to get the HC of DMZ 1 as my choice but the cost is ridiculous!!!
    So which is better for one more purchase? The Astro City or Invincible series?
    Which stories pull you in more?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Really loving all this Omnibus and Deluxe Edition collecting in my life that started this summer. Boy, was I missing out after coming back to comics after a couple decades.

Seeking advice...

I've order some non DC titles for my husband and I to check out. If we don't like them, we'll sell them. I've ordered the TPB 100 Bullets, the HC of Y: the Last Man, HC of the Watchmen, and I have funds to buy one more.
    Invicible by a country mile

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Astro City by a country mile

Fixed your post.

Seeking advice...

Sandman by a country mile. Scalped by half a country mile.

apples an oranges honestly (or Mr'Oranges in this case ).
    Tried to read Astro city a few years ago but didn't really grab me since it's a Silver age homage and I didn't really like SA stuff back then. Maybe I would appreciate it more now but without a consistent line of deluxes, omnibuses or chunky trades I can't be really bothered.
    Also I couldn't get into Busiek's Avengers no matter how much I tried.

Invincible will pull you in for sure for me it was perfect for binge reading. Of course there are people who don't get what's all the fuss with Invincible but that's the point, there is no fuss.
    It's basically every familiar element from Marvel and DC but without the restrictions of established franchises. It moves fast, makes you turn the page and not afraid to get rid of characters who will never return or change the status quo.

But here are some alternatives I would highly recommend: Rat Queens, Planetary or Prince Valiant (since you like golden age stories)
    edit: +1 for Scalped, excellent crime series. I prefer it to 100 bullets (which I need to re read but probably won't because I have issues with one of the creators)

Mighty Member

Never bothered with astro city as, like balakin mentioned, it hasnt really been conveniently collected. Invincible wasn't bad, but I've only read the first HC. Definitely improves with the artist change about half way through. I'd also like to recommend Scalped. Its probably my favorite Vertigo series I've read. A few others I'd recommend: Ex Machina (Super Hero story with a political angle), Loveless (mature post civil war western revenge tale), and Lucifer (would probably be more enjoyable after reading Sandman).

You guys are awesome with your recommendations!!! Now you've given me more reason to go back into credit card debt! HAHA!
    I think I'll go with Invincible and see what I think.
    In my current daily lunchtime reading OF THIS THREAD, I've made it to page 173. Still 2 years behind! But I had to skip back up to the current to ask these questions about which to buy as those books were being talked about then.
    Now I see there's a new Suicide Squad Omni released today from the Silver Age. Went on Amazon and checked it out in addition to watching Aleksivic's video posted above on page 664. And WOW!!!!!!!! I see there are A TON OF NEW Omnibus's and Deluxe Editions coming out next year!
    Dear Lord, this girl must find another job to support this rapid addiction!!!!
    Last edited by Hawkgirl_70; 08-02-2016 at 10:49 AM.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1

You guys are awesome with your recommendations!!! Now you've given me more reason to go back into credit card debt! HAHA!
    In my current daily lunchtime reading OF THIS THREAD, I've made it to page 173. Still 2 years behind! But I had to skip back up to the current to ask these questions about which to buy as those books were being talked about then.
    Now I see there's a new Suicide Squad Omni released today from the Silver Age. Went on Amazon and checked it out in addition to Alekcivic's watching video posted above. And WOW!!!!!!!! I see there are A TON OF NEW Omnibus's and Deluxe Editions coming out next year!
    also, since you are a fan of GA and SA stuff, IDW (with Library of American comics) released a bunch of newspaper strip collections. There are 2 Batmans IIRC and like 5 Superman Sundays and 2 dailies maybe? Also there is a WW Sundays collection as well. The WW and Batman books are landscape format but I think the Superman Sundays are regular aspect ratio but even bigger than the omnibuses (although only like 140-180 pages).
    The IDW and LoAC strip collections are superb quality printing and binding wise.

And that bloody SA SS omnibus, got if for 24 quid, I thought that was an alright deal then prices dropped to like 16-17 quid. Hope at least I'll enjoy it but I got a bit grumpy after seeing the current prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    also, since you are a fan of GA and SA stuff, IDW (with Library of American comics) released a bunch of newspaper strip collections. There are 2 Batmans IIRC and like 5 Superman Sundays and 2 dailies maybe? Also there is a WW Sundays collection as well. The WW and Batman books are landscape format but I think the Superman Sundays are regular aspect ratio but even bigger than the omnibuses (although only like 140-180 pages).
    The IDW and LoAC strip collections are superb quality printing and binding wise.

And that bloody SA SS omnibus, got if for 24 quid, I thought that was an alright deal then prices dropped to like 16-17 quid. Hope at least I'll enjoy it but I got a bit grumpy after seeing the current prices.
    Didn't that Omni just get released today?

Mighty Member

It was released to the direct market last week. Comic retailers usually get the releases a week or two before amazon

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Now I see there's a new Suicide Squad Omni released today from the Silver Age. Went on Amazon and checked it out in addition to watching Aleksivic's video posted above on page 664. And WOW!!!!!!!! I see there are A TON OF NEW Omnibus's and Deluxe Editions coming out next year!
    In my humble opinion, Sandman is the pinnacle of comics.

If you're going to afford this hobby, you need to start using instocktrades. 50% off big releases during release week, 42% off all Marvel/DC/Image all the time, an additional 2% off within 8 days of previous order, no sales tax, free shipping over $50, and they package the books to get them to you in mint condition. Oh and frequent sales (right now all Marvel/DC is 45% off instead of 42% off) and they get new releases a week or two early. You will stretch your dollars much, much further buying here than anywhere else. Beware the temptation to spend $50 a week to keep the extra 2% discount rolling forward in perpetuity, however. That's how they get ya.

Lol, credit card debt on comic collections. I can only laugh with you, not at you.