Page 68 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Problem is that T'Challa ain't in it. From what we have heard and what's been said, he is being left behind and Wakanda is becoming the focus. Thing is, Wakanda was only Interesting when we experienced it with T'Challa, as it's been since his inception. Yet people are acting like Wakanda came first and is bigger than T'Challa. It isn't. It would be like Batman and Gotham but Batman out of the picture.. right as Batman was introduced.

My prediction is that BP 2 is basically going to be a origin story for the D+ show, and T'Challa wi be just the footnote in his own franchise
    BP2 could serve as an origin story for the show which could in turn feed into the final film, leading into a D+ continuation of the franchise. And I see Star Wars-like potential with Wakanda, they could easily do multiple interconnected BP spin-off shows and continue the franchise that way. That's just assuming there's only 3 BP movies, they could easily decide that Shuri or whoever deserves her own trilogy or they wanna pass the mantle off to a new character when she's done. Regardless, the show and movies will inform each other, which makes sense from a continuity and storytelling standpoint. We're already seeing that with WandaVision and Doctor Strange.

I do agree T'Challa will end up becoming a footnote if he's not revived or something, there's no logical reasoning to the idea that you can have hours worth of Wakanda content with minimal involvement of T'Challa without him eventualy being seen as little more than what Eddard Stark is to Game of Thrones. T'Challa's mini arc is a blip in the wider scope of what Disney will do with the Black Panther franchise and that has damning implications on who will be seen as the stars of the IP and thus the priority across all mediums.

People think we're being hyperbolic but the Black Panther franchise being seen as black Star Wars or X-Men is a real possibility if T'Challa is nowhere to be seen while Wakanda lives on without him having made any real contributions. Unfortunately, T'Challa's death is a jumping off point for what will be an illustrious World of Wakanda, one where he won't be present to influence anything beyond basic platitudes and maybe a policy or two. That's not a recipe for a fully realized character cinematically or in the comics, but that's a separate convo altogether. That's all I got to say on the topic. Looking forward to what Aaron's cooking up in Avengers.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-01-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    BP2 could serve as an origin story for the show which could in turn feed into the final film, leading into a D+ continuation of the franchise. And I see Star Wars-like potential with Wakanda, they could easily do multiple interconnected BP spin-off shows and continue the franchise that way. That's just assuming there's only 3 BP movies, they could easily decide that Shuri or whoever deserves her own trilogy or they wanna pass the mantle off to a new character when she's done. Regardless, the show and movies will inform each other, which makes sense from a continuity and storytelling standpoint. We're already seeing that with WandaVision and Doctor Strange.

I do agree T'Challa will end up becoming a footnote if he's not revived or something, there's no logical reasoning to the idea that you can have hours worth of Wakanda content with minimal involvement of T'Challa without him eventualy being seen as little more than what Eddard Stark is to Game of Thrones. T'Challa's mini arc is a blip in the wider scope of what Disney will do with the Black Panther franchise and that has damning implications on who will be seen as the stars of the IP and thus the priority across all mediums.

People think we're being hyperbolic but the Black Panther franchise being seen as black Star Wars or X-Men is a real possibility if T'Challa is nowhere to be seen while Wakanda lives on without him having made any real contributions. Unfortunately, T'Challa's death is a jumping off point for what will be an illustrious World of Wakanda, one where he won't be present to influence anything beyond basic platitudes and maybe a policy or two. That's not a recipe for a fully realized character cinematically or in the comics, but that's a separate convo altogether. That's all I got to say on the topic. Looking forward to what Aaron's cooking up in Avengers.
    Excellent post which is why I'm so vocal and bullish about this . Especially after Shuri was credited with wakandas advancements and Tchallas gear. This will be seen As a black Guardians of the Galaxy Type franchise. No matter how popular any of the side characters get They will never have the potential of reaching the heights that Tchalla would have as the first black superhero ever And an original One-of-a-kind icon
    And if we're all being adults We know that The movies Drive The other mediums.
    All this movement essentially relegates to Tchalla and Chadwick Boseman To footnotes in the story of "The mantle of the Black Panther". Chadwick deserves to be remembered as an actor and As our Christopher Reeves instead of being remembered as our to Tchalla (A fictional character that Disney owns who was replaced by Shuri/MichaelBKillmonger/Okoye)
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-01-2021 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Easy: say he died.
    It's also worth noting that the press release said Coogler was also working other Disney+ Marvel shows in addition to his own Wakanda show. Maybe Armor Wars and Ironheart?
    Yeaah except that's 100% tactless and Disney and everyone okay with that would be complete moron's to think that "paying respect" is to kill T'Challa off for a 3rd time.. after he was just dead for the past 5 in from IW and EG.. I don't think they are THAT stupid

I really hope that BP isn't gone forever, and that at the least he comes back for BP 3. You can't have the Black Panther without the Black Panther. You also can't pass on the mantle when the HSH is gone. I feel like the movie should of been postponed and the d+ show should of been the thing to tie BP fans over

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I really hope that BP isn't gone forever, and that at the least he comes back for BP 3. You can't have the Black Panther without the Black Panther. You also can't pass on the mantle when the HSH is gone. I feel like the movie should of been postponed and the d+ show should of been the thing to tie BP fans over
    Didn't marvel put out that MCU files book that said Shuri was working creating a new Heart Shaped Herb?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Easy: say he died.
    It's also worth noting that the press release said Coogler was also working other Disney+ Marvel shows in addition to his own Wakanda show. Maybe Armor Wars and Ironheart?
    Except that would be in poor taste and pretty stupid considering the guy was dead in universe for 5 years.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Kinda weird given that we were assuming that World Of Wakanda would essentially be what BP2 would have to be, but hey more Wakanda stuff is awesome. I could be slightly suspect and say this is Disney responding to Wonder Woman and the Amazons project with their own take.
    It's more to do with Black Panther being the biggest solo comic book film of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Didn't marvel put out that MCU files book that said Shuri was working creating a new Heart Shaped Herb?
    Yes.

Just another thing the second movie should have been addressing but instead handwaved. Even before Chadwick's death, that was a ridiculous decision to do that.

BP2 had so much damn potential to continue the story Coogler was telling.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Christopher Priest and Reginald Hudlin will be in it too.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    The best of what they have is a whole slew of talented young actors they could choose to play T'Challa, possibly launching another superstar, and continuing the story of a nearly unique positive black male role model in sciene fiction.
    This is a very idealistic view on things. How many of these "talented young actors" would actually want to do it right now? How many of them right now would want to step into Chadwick's shoes?

And before someone mentions John David Washington:

Quote Originally Posted by John David Washington
    Do I want a recast? Yes, more than anything I want to see T'Challa continue on the big screen in the MCU. However, what we want doesn't always equal what we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    This is a very idealistic view on things. How many of these "talented young actors" would actually want to do it right now? How many of them right now would want to step into Chadwick's shoes?

Do I want a recast? Yes, more than anything I want to see T'Challa continue on the big screen in the MCU. However, what we want doesn't always equal what we can get.
    Absolutely, for example they may want our dollars and will kick the bucket down the road just avoid recasting, doesn't mean they get our dollars after acting like T'Challa is isn't the heart of what Black Panther is, just decide to throw it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

There are many black actors out there that would jump at the chance. I don't know why we're trying to pretend as as if no one wants fame, money, or opportunity. They can do the movie and still respect Boseman it's not mutually exclusive so Johns statement about Chad beingnking is true, but it doesnt mean there are no more black kings in Hollywood. They Can play Tchalla the fictional hero and still consider Bozeman to be our hero In real life
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-02-2021 at 08:08 AM.

I'll be really curious who the star of the Wakanda TV show is.

So far, all the Disney shows announced (unless I am forgetting one) have focused on known heroes/characters. WandaVision, FalWS, Loki, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, MK, She-Hulk, IronHeart, Armor Wars.

The only exception so far, is the Secret Invasion one. That is anchored by SLJ, who is a big deal.

All these stories are pulling from comics and twisting them, like the MCU does.

The BP Mythos (can we even call it anymore? The Wakandan Mythos i guess is the new thing) doesn't have much of that to offer. It has been solely anchored by T'challa. Shuri is the only one that has come close to being "more" than a supporting character. But if she is going to anchor the movie, it seems really weird to anchor the show. None of the other shows are anchored by the main movie heroes. They are either Avengers characters (wanda, vision, hawkeye), side kicks given the spotlight (rhodey, loki, fury, falcon, ws) or brand new introduced characters (mm, shulk, IH).

So that really leaves a show focused on M'baku... which there are no comics to adapt from. And the Jabari don't really like "outside" stuff anyway.

A show focused on Okoye... which their are no comics to adapt from. And the Dora's in the MCU are low in number and 100% loyal to the crown as bodyguards. They don't go on missions according to the mythos given.

A show focused on Nakia and the spies/war dogs. Makes the most sense due to Lupita's star power... except there is nothing in the comics to pull from again. And they connected T'challa and Nakia so hard that it is going to be hard to bring up one without bringing up the other in some way. Or you ignore it. Both are kinda awkward. And would Lupita even star in a TV show? She didn't even show up or wasn't asked to be in IW/EG.

Basically, Marvel is going ot have to make up a completely original story with NOTHING from the comics to pull from that has any use, if they aren't going to use Shuri. Which means they are REALLY counting on the "Wakanda" brand to be the hook. Which means, the mythos will have to be groundbreaking AGAIN for it to work. There is a very real chance they try and make the show around a completely new character (QDJ???) that hasn't bee introduced in the movie yet. And... the Wakandan mythos are WEAK for supporting cast stories.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If the D+ shows want to explore previous panthers, then I vote for Yemandi.

maxresdefault.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    A medieval steampunk Wakanda with a Treasure Planet/Pirates of the Caribbean vibe could be fire.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'll be really curious who the star of the Wakanda TV show is.

So far, all the Disney shows announced (unless I am forgetting one) have focused on known heroes/characters. WandaVision, FalWS, Loki, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, MK, She-Hulk, IronHeart, Armor Wars.

The only exception so far, is the Secret Invasion one. That is anchored by SLJ, who is a big deal.

All these stories are pulling from comics and twisting them, like the MCU does.

The BP Mythos (can we even call it anymore? The Wakandan Mythos i guess is the new thing) doesn't have much of that to offer. It has been solely anchored by T'challa. Shuri is the only one that has come close to being "more" than a supporting character. But if she is going to anchor the movie, it seems really weird to anchor the show. None of the other shows are anchored by the main movie heroes. They are either Avengers characters (wanda, vision, hawkeye), side kicks given the spotlight (rhodey, loki, fury, falcon, ws) or brand new introduced characters (mm, shulk, IH).

So that really leaves a show focused on M'baku... which there are no comics to adapt from. And the Jabari don't really like "outside" stuff anyway.

A show focused on Okoye... which their are no comics to adapt from. And the Dora's in the MCU are low in number and 100% loyal to the crown as bodyguards. They don't go on missions according to the mythos given.

A show focused on Nakia and the spies/war dogs. Makes the most sense due to Lupita's star power... except there is nothing in the comics to pull from again. And they connected T'challa and Nakia so hard that it is going to be hard to bring up one without bringing up the other in some way. Or you ignore it. Both are kinda awkward. And would Lupita even star in a TV show? She didn't even show up or wasn't asked to be in IW/EG.

Basically, Marvel is going ot have to make up a completely original story with NOTHING from the comics to pull from that has any use, if they aren't going to use Shuri. Which means they are REALLY counting on the "Wakanda" brand to be the hook. Which means, the mythos will have to be groundbreaking AGAIN for it to work. There is a very real chance they try and make the show around a completely new character (QDJ???) that hasn't bee introduced in the movie yet. And... the Wakandan mythos are WEAK for supporting cast stories.
    T’Challa’s iconic stories and rogues will be stolen and refitted for inferior side characters who will anchor the franchise for a decade+. You think they won’t use Achebe just because Boseman is dead lol? They barely altered their schedule for this franchise through all their heartbreak, everything that made T’Challa great is gonna be given to other characters like the first movie gave us a glimpse of. As far as Disney is concerned they have free reign to tell stories with Achebe and any other arcs centered around T’Challa because the franchise is big enough to continue on without him but not his source material. But let Feige tell it and BP has always been about the extensive world of characters from Wakanda so nothing of too much value was lost with T’Challa gone.

The Client can easily be turned into a War Dog show headlined by Nakia. They have World of Wakanda and A Nation Under Our Feet to explore the complexities of the Dora, all that’s required is some major status quo shift in BP2 (Wakanda gets attacked by Atlantis, Dora play a more rangr/paramilitary role in national defense). They’re not gonna let the internal logic of what was set up before impede their desire to build the world of Wakanda and much like with the comics Coogldr and his friends will have free reign to create their version of the kingdom as long as it doesn’t mess up Disney’s wider plans. I expect a lot of what he does to make its way back into the comics, both the good and the bad.