Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Steranko Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Artisan Edition

Jim Steranko (w & a & c)
    Previously presented in the much-acclaimed Artist's Edition format, and winner of an Eisner Award, now you can appreciate this historic run of comics in the new Artisan Edition format.
    In the mid-1960s, Jim Steranko burst into the Marvel Age of comics in a BIG way, and the innovative, cinematic techniques he introduced in his brief tenure at The House of Ideas stand to this day as a high-water mark in the history of graphic storytelling. More than any other series, Steranko is most associated with Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. This Artisan Edition collects the first 12 stories of Steranko's run, from Strange Tales #151–162, as well as his covers from these issues. Additionally, there will be a select number of extras presented. And, as usual, nearly all the pages have been scanned from the original art, from Steranko's private archives.
    Story and art by Jim Steranko with additional script by Stan Lee and Roy Thomas. Additional Layouts by Jack Kirby.
    TPB • FC • $39.99 • 184 pages • 8.5" x 12" • ISBN: 978-1-68405-863-1

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    100% agreed. I love Ewing as a writer, and loved that he uses slightly obscure characters, like Sunspot, etc... USAvengers was more fun than it should have been ;-)
    Given how popular Immoral Hulk is, I can see his name being published more.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Does anyone know when Avengers by Hickman complete collection vol. 5 is going to be released? It should wrap out his run, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I don't think it has been announced or fished yet. But the first four have been released within a space of 7 months, so it's almost definitely going to be this year sometime.

And yep, it should wrap up his run. I'd guess it will collect the full Time Runs Out arc, which would give it a similar page count to Vols 3 and 4.
    They already have a Time Runs Out book:

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Time...6730148&sr=8-1

I thought they would stop at volume 4 and have the Time Runs Out book as volume 5

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I thought they would stop at volume 4 and have the Time Runs Out book as volume 5
    That Time Runs Out book is from 2016. They’ll reprint that arc as part of the “Complete Jonathan Hickman” collection too.

They had Infinity as a standalone book as well - yet they reprinted that as part of the series. So I'll remain optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    That Time Runs Out book is from 2016. They’ll reprint that arc as part of the “Complete Jonathan Hickman” collection too.
    Can't believe it's been that long; ah those were the wild times at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    They had Infinity as a standalone book as well - yet they reprinted that as part of the series. So I'll remain optimistic.

Yeah true that, the new reprint collection is so much better because of the reading order.

Incredible Member

Can't believe it's been that long; ah those were the wild times at Marvel

Yeah true that, the new reprint collection is so much better because of the reading order.
    I have both Hickman omnis, is the reading order for Infinity and TRO correct in those?
    Mine are still shrinkwrapped, will get to them in 2023 lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Given how popular Immoral Hulk is, I can see his name being published more.
    I hope Marvel doesn't omni IH as one big brick like DC's Deathstroke omni... Great run but bleh..

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I hope Marvel doesn't omni IH as one big brick like DC's Deathstroke omni... Great run but bleh..
    I've lost track, how many issues is it with annuals and tie ins and specials? It's still ongoing correct?

I have both Hickman omnis, is the reading order for Infinity and TRO correct in those?
    I have the deluxe editions and for whatever reason Infinity wasn't included so trying to read Avengers, New Avengers and Infinity between 3 books is annoying as all hell

I am going to upgrade to the complete editions soon

Incredible Member

Yes, it is.

Mind, the omnis only include the solo Hickman-written stuff, so if you want any of the issues written by other writers featuring Hickman’s cast (Avengers World, a couple annuals, I think maybe some “.1” issues, etc), you have to look elsewhere for those. But the Hickman issues are in their intended reading order in the omnis and the Secret Wars OHC that wraps up his run.

Incredible Member

Has anyone here pre ordered the ASM Omni vol 2 from ToW, and if so, have you recieved it?

I've lost track, how many issues is it with annuals and tie ins and specials? It's still ongoing correct?
    Depending how Marvel wants to do it, I think it would push 55-60 issues?

#1-50
    Best Defense
    Flatline
    Great Power
    Threshing Place
    Immortal She-Hulk
    Absolute Carnage
    Anything else I’ve missed or will be released before Immortal wraps??

Not all of those are written by Ewing, but I could see Marvel wanting to collect everything “Immortal.” I would hope it would be a 2-omni set...

Incredible Member

IH is about 50 so far with annuals and one shots.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Yes, it is.

Mind, the omnis only include the solo Hickman-written stuff, so if you want any of the issues written by other writers featuring Hickman’s cast (Avengers World, a couple annuals, I think maybe some “.1” issues, etc), you have to look elsewhere for those. But the Hickman issues are in their intended reading order in the omnis and the Secret Wars OHC that wraps up his run.
    Thanks.

And nah, like with the current X-line, if Hickman didn't write it I'm not really bothered.