Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I think you are contradicting yourself, if you believe the color should be adjusted then you cannot also say the movie looks beautiful and is all Zhao.

I found this article, please read if you have the chance

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1853707.html
    The Eternals trailer suggests even Oscar winners can’t escape Marvel’s drab visual rut

I said the same thing but I did not write that, I mean it just obvious that even with Zhao hype right now, this movie still looks like the drab visual of marvel, its a reoccurring style on the films that started somewhere around Winter Solider and has expanded on that pattern till now and I really don't think it going to change.

Also, I dont think this movie can be adjusted, the movie finished production about a year ago and was delay due to COVID if I remember correctly, I could be wrong but I know all MCU stuff was delayed.
    ... yes I can say it’s beautiful despite the colour grading. Just like you can take a frame from the Iron Fist tv show, give it the best colour grading in the world and still say it looks dreadful lmao. It’s being critical - you can like something and still find flaws. I find it hard to believe someone can narrow their definition of beauty down to only colour grading. Sounds like an unreliable critic.

I have already read the article, and I don’t agree with it - again, colour grading doesn’t make or break a shot for me.

Zhao recently stated she has not finished the edit. I don’t know if that has changed since, but seeing as the movie is 6 months out, it’s not impossible that more adjustments will be made - MCU movies (and now shows) have had a track record of tweeting til the release date

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    It's funny how someone who has admittedly never seen Nomadland wants to lecture people on how Eternals isn't the look Zhao wants but rather the look Feige commands her to go for.

As you haven't seen it maybe take a look at the "popping colors" and "vivid visuals" in Nomadland:

Guess Feige already had so much impact on Zhao by just signing her that he could even influence her non-MCU project to look like that...

that video clip does not look fully like Eternals. Eternals looks like a clash between Normaland and GOTG with GOTG winning. Also maybe you should stop trying to shift the focus only to me. there are many other people who are saying the same thing that the movie looks bland. the clip from Normaland has more blue grading colors overpowering it. Eternals looks more dour grey or dour white in the blue grading which is stable of MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The thing which always bothers me is why these sort of super folks wear such stupid clothes. Now at dinner it was regular duds but the posturing pseudo-medieval, Roman robes, chest plates - duh. Get an LL Bean catalog.
    The issue of colorful costume is pretty a hot button, although there are far more directors who have made comic films that have said, extremely colourful costumes is not great for live action. The reason marvel options for extremely colourful costumes has more to do with marketing a merchandise and also Marvel movies have never been grounded.

I think once you accept this factor, you don't need stress over colourful costumes. Although I feel Eternals are overdoing the colours, see the ending shot of all of them at the beach, it really does make them look like the movie version of Inhumans.

Honestly when it comes to colourful costumes in live action, I think Power Rangers is the only series that has Never made it look 100% unproblematic.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-29-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    What a lifeless trailer. This movie lost me at "We have never interfered until now."
    Their non-interference directive is the only interesting thing about them right now and I want the movie to lean on it soooo hard it stops MCU fanbase from ever posing that question ever again

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Their non-interference directive is the only interesting thing about them right now and I want the movie to lean on it soooo hard it stops MCU fanbase from ever posing that question ever again
    Is it really MCU fans making this complaint?

I don't watch trailers, they often ruin key scenes. And since it is marketing people, and not the film creators that make the trailers, they tell us little about the movie.
    I'll wait till it comes out to decide if it is good or bad.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe it's another fanbase pretending to be the MCU fanbase

The trailer isn't particularly exciting, but it doesn't need to be. It's the first one - it shows me which actors are in the movie, and it tells me it's Marvel. At this point Marvel have had such success with their brand of movies that is all the teaser really needs to do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well,why not? The trailer contradicts itself on that point.

Extraordinary Member

DC Comics Sale to Disney, Eternals Negative Reaction, WB Bets Big on The Batman & More I TCBC

INTRO [0:00]
    Negative Eternals Reaction and Hype [5:25]
    The Batman & Battisons big WB overall Deal [14:23]
    Star Wars Disney+ Series Canceled? [21:18]
    DC’s bleak future & Sale to Disney in question [26:37]
    Last edited by mace11; 05-29-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Well,why not? The trailer contradicts itself on that point.
    True, I just assumed it was a general complaint from everyone watching it.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted in mcu thread.
    Eternals and interfering many years later talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They never interfered but the sight of them probably inspired some of the myths and world religions that exists today.
    At the same time, it's contradictory because while you have Thena and Sersi who may have inspired the mythical Athena and Circe, characters like Thor exists in the MCU and Thor 4 is going to introduce Russel Crow as Zeus. In the comics, the mythical Gilgamesh also exists and teamed up with Hercules. IMO, it undercuts any real influence the Eternals may have had in shaping human history. It just shows how the characters were originally never meant to be part of the MU which might be why the movie is opting for a style that's different from Thor and the Guardians.
    Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    They have interfered but not directly like in wars etc..and they interfered or had a more direct influence on earth in the way past but ajak in the trailer said they have not interfered (less direct influence etc..) for many years until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You were right, it was Ajak and not Sersi who narrated as I mistakenly thought. Yeah, to me it was more like they nudged the rise of human civilization here and there but then stepped back and let history take its course. As for why they didn't intervene against Thanos… well yeah, that's what the movie is about and those who are incredulous about this point will have to wait and see. It could be something like their memories of being Eternals were suppressed (like in the comics); they were put in a deep slumber; they were far away from Earth; or something else.

Nick the Dreamer quote-
    To be fair, there's a difference between guiding those around you and interfering with those around you. Guiding and helping means they're just living life side by side with them, making suggestions that people can take or ignore (like what the Eternals were doing) while Interfering means being the ones up front and taking command of a situation (like what the Avengers do).

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Eternals Trailer Numbers The Good & "Marvel first Bomb"

Note- i notice certain types on the internet who says eternals will be marvel's first bomb are the ones who want phase 4 to fail as well etc..and even the future mcu.

So the typical people that rag on every MCU are ragging on the new one.

Color me shocked.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Color me shocked.
    I have promoted MCU movies for the most part and liked the ones that didn't insult my intelligence. This just makes me wonder if there really is a movie behind this dreary, uninspiring thing. I really don't care if it succeeds or falls. I don't care if I like even like it or not at this point. The trailer just doesn't have much to offer someone who wants to be really wild about this

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Color me shocked.
    No those people like it.