Page 354 of 774 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 11598

Not only were the X-Men not popular figures in-comic, but mutants in general were not liked, especially evil ones like Magneto or anyone associated with him. As Pietro stated, he wanted to not always be associated with/referred to as a mutant.

Out-of-comic reason was Stan wanted to write the Twins.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They were offered to join the X-men but while Wanda was intrigued, Pietro rejected it. sick of the Mutant Civil War.
    Even he figured out it was old news back in the 60s!

E2eqkXLWYAQ0VO1.jpg
    Interesting art from Twitter

Scarlet Witch cosplayer
    E2z7WA8WUAM2eZg.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Rolling Stone's oral history of WandaVision does provide one little bit of news about Doctor Strange 2: it looks like Wanda's accent is back for good.

Olsen: So that started with Civil War. The Russos [directors Anthony and Joseph Russo] said, “Can she just have a softer accent, because she’s been in America, and has to have been speaking English more.” So I was like, sure. I do have to say that in [Wanda’s next appearance, in 2022’s] Dr. Strange [in the Multiverse of Madness], after the experience she has in WandaVision, she goes back to an accent that’s more true to her.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I never knew why Marvel didn't have them just join the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Because they fought the X-Men. Maybe also because X-Men weren't especially popular back then
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The out of comics reason was that Stan was going to the Avengers and these were the characters he wanted to take with him.
    They were offered to join the X-men but while Wanda was intrigued, Pietro rejected it. sick of the Mutant Civil War.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Not only were the X-Men not popular figures in-comic, but mutants in general were not liked, especially evil ones like Magneto or anyone associated with him. As Pietro stated, he wanted to not always be associated with/referred to as a mutant.

Out-of-comic reason was Stan wanted to write the Twins.
    Indeed it is an Intersting Story that if you Read the Story leading Up to the Events of Issue #11 of Vol. 1 of the 1963 X-Men Series you can see a story developing as to why the Twins ultimated did not join the X-Men, but came very close to doing so.

Indeed to spoil it like has been said it was Pietro that Ulitmately decided he did not want to join the X-men for desire not to be part of the Mutant and Human conflict, Wanda was interested but Pietro sadly at those time was like the bigger brother and was the final say on such matter.

Going By My Past Retrospectives, you can read into the build-Up to this before I get to the Retrospective of Issue #11, Vol. 1 of the X-Men of 1963, they can easily break down the story up to this point of the Twins Full canon history and to why it was likely the choose be Pietro was made to not join the X-Men, here are the links to the past Retrospectives below and the Issue #11 is to Follow.

1.) X-Men #4 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5451602
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5451603

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2.) X-Men #5 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5456186
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5456188

3.) X-Men #6 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5461922
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5461925
    PART 3!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5461926

4.) X-Men #7 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5477734
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5477737
    PART 3!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5477738

5.) Journey into Mystery #109 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5482243
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5482245

6.) Strange Tales #128 ~ (Vol.1)(1951)!
    PART 1!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5513495
    PART 2!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5513496
    PART 3!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5513500
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Talking 7.) X-Men #11 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)! ~ Part 1

7.) X-Men #11 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 1!

Due to the Rules of CBR I have Re-Learned Recently I am Only able to post 3 pages with my Retrospectives, I rule forgot about and I am greatly willing to follow.

So I will just be posting the covers from now on and the main and most important Pages of the Issues concerning our Magical Wanda, Thanks for Your Support Everyone!

This is a Key Issue of Wanda's Career as it will Spell out the Final Chapter of her Time in the Brotherhood and her time on the side of the outlaws.

The Issue concerning of #11 is mostly about the Coming and Interactions of the Brotherhood with the Cosmic Being Known as The Stranger!

But for our Wanda the incounter with him is is brief with no talks with him, which is ok cause is us Very Powerful and does not hold back his punches of power.

In the Issue the encounters with the Stanger leads the X-Men to Finding the Brotherhood's Hideout(Seems to be Common now for them LOL) and this leads again to a Battle with the X-Men and the Brother hood!

Pietro in the Fight Gets frozen by Ice Mane and This leads Wanda into one of her most ICONIC Panels of the 1960's to use 6 of her Fingers, 3 on Each Hand to Cast a Hex to Save her Brother and Trip-Up the X-Men!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Smile 7.) X-Men #11 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)! ~ Part 2

7.) X-Men #11 ~ (Vol.1)(1963)!
    PART 2!

This fight Also Lead to another Epic Bought Between Wanda and Jean Grey, but it only lasted a panel cause Wanda Only Cared about Saving Pietro from the Ice the covered him and at this point the rest of the Brotherhood fled leaving the Twins behind, Such Caring in that group!

This Was the Key Moment in both Wanda and Pietro's Life that turned them Forever in a New Path, the Beginning of a New Life going forward and for Comic History!

The Debt in the Eyes of the Twins had be FINALLY Repaid to Magneto and even in the eyes of Scott he felt the Twins never Belonged with the Brotherhood!

But with them departing the Brotherhood What would the Twins do now?!

Scott as said above Wanted them to Join them in fighting Magneto, but Pietro Refused and in the final Page of the Twins in this issue is the Key moment that decide if the Twins;

Might have Been X-Men or Avengers going Forward?!

LOL the Reaction and Conern that Jean Had over the Way Wanda was looking at Scott always makes me laugh, its so cute! ^_^

But it was at this moment seriously that Scott Wanted the Twins to Join them on the mission and that might have lead them to joining the X-Men and by Wanda's Expressions Wanda almost Choose that Path of the X-Men, Interesting Crossroads! :-0

But Pietro being the Firm Brother, he wanted to choose for the both of them and said he did not Want to take part in the battles of humans and mutants anymore.

This is Key Cause Wanda seemed Willing to Go for the Cause nearly of the X-Men but Pietro did not!

Wanda went along with Pietro's wishes and they left back for their homland in Central Europe

This I hope answers the Questions on who might have choosen what path if things had worked out differently, but it was Wanda more willing in the X-Men as a possiblity while Pietro said no to it!

I hope this helps as all I hope these Retrospectives do!

All This History now up to this point for the Twins have layed the groundwork for their next apperance going forward, an ASSEMBLES FUTURE!

A very good and important issue. I loved the Stranger in this issue and of course the twins leave the brotherhood (though Magneto wouldn't take the hint). It is shocking that no-one has done a What If the twins had joined the X-men?

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The Oral History of ‘WandaVision’

"Wanda is from the fictional country of Sokovia, but as a joke in WandaVision acknowledges, her Eastern European accent had been disappearing in the movies, and vanishes entirely in the sitcom world.

Olsen: So that started with Civil War. The Russos [directors Anthony and Joseph Russo] said, “Can she just have a softer accent, because she’s been in America, and has to have been speaking English more.” So I was like, sure. I do have to say that in [Wanda’s next appearance, in 2022’s] Dr. Strange [in the Multiverse of Madness], after the experience she has in WandaVision, she goes back to an accent that’s more true to her. Now that I feel a little bit more ownership of the character, I feel like she does retreat back to having this more honest expression. The sitcom part was totally different, because she’s trying to hold on to an American sitcom world and play the part the best she can."
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

CJ, is this the issue where Jean Grey says she has been waiting to pit her Telekinetic Power against the Scarlet Witch Hex Power, then sends multiple flying things at Wanda? I know you are limited in panels to post.

It would have been interesting to see how Prof X would have helped both Wanda and Pietro develop their powers had they both had guidance from so early on in their history.

I loved seeing Wanda's 2-arm, six fingers hex, which is almost a mystical hand gesture---and so early on in Wanda's history!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    CJ, is this the issue where Jean Grey says she has been waiting to pit her Telekinetic Power against the Scarlet Witch Hex Power, then sends multiple flying things at Wanda? I know you are limited in panels to post.

It would have been interesting to see how Prof X would have helped both Wanda and Pietro develop their powers had they both had guidance from so early on in their history.

I loved seeing Wanda's 2-arm, six fingers hex, which is almost a mystical hand gesture---and so early on in Wanda's history!
    Just focusing on the bold, Indeed THIS was the issue where you had the Jean Grey and Wanda Telekinetic fight and it was Painfully hard not including that page or at least panel in the Retrospective , but indeed it is in this issue and I only disincluded it cause the other panels where key to her changing development for leaving the brotherhood, but it is indeed a very important moment the fight!

If anyone else knows of the panel and just that alone they can post it to share that moment or maybe in many posts latter after following rules I will make a cut post of that panel alone down the line again serveral posts latter after this one.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 06-02-2021 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Just focusing on the bold, Indeed THIS was the issue where you had the Jean Grey and Wanda Telekinetic fight and it was Painfully hard not including that page or at least panel in the Retrospective , but indeed it is in this issue and I only disincluded it cause the other panels where key to her changing development for leaving the brotherhood, but it is indeed a very important moment the fight!

If anyone else knows of the panel and just that alone they can post it to share that moment or maybe in many posts latter after following rules I will make a cut post of that panel alone down the line again serveral posts latter after this one.

Wanda Vs jean. Sadly it doesn't go anywhere, Wanda is more interested in helping her brother, so the fight is literally this one panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    The Oral History of ‘WandaVision’

"Wanda is from the fictional country of Sokovia, but as a joke in WandaVision acknowledges, her Eastern European accent had been disappearing in the movies, and vanishes entirely in the sitcom world.

Olsen: So that started with Civil War. The Russos [directors Anthony and Joseph Russo] said, “Can she just have a softer accent, because she’s been in America, and has to have been speaking English more.” So I was like, sure. I do have to say that in [Wanda’s next appearance, in 2022’s] Dr. Strange [in the Multiverse of Madness], after the experience she has in WandaVision, she goes back to an accent that’s more true to her. Now that I feel a little bit more ownership of the character, I feel like she does retreat back to having this more honest expression. The sitcom part was totally different, because she’s trying to hold on to an American sitcom world and play the part the best she can."
    That's gross. Not surprised as comics tried it too. Earth to Marvel, people don't lose their accents that fast. They might lose some aspects, but definitely not all of it.

Comics is worse, because they'd still speak Romanes and have that accent.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Wanda Vs jean. Sadly it doesn't go anywhere, Wanda is more interested in helping her brother, so the fight is literally this one panel.
    They overexplain so much I thought it was an anime

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That's gross. Not surprised as comics tried it too. Earth to Marvel, people don't lose their accents that fast. They might lose some aspects, but definitely not all of it.

Comics is worse, because they'd still speak Romanes and have that accent.
    Yeah, adults usually retain their accents