Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Root, Huffpost, Salon, Buzzfeed...so many news sites that decry white people.

EDIT: news sites
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-07-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    For fun. Okay, it's supposed to be "on a lark". My bad.

See, none of that comes up when I throw "Huffpost white people" into Google.

Okay, I get some of that when I try Huffpost "white people". A lot of the results are just about some Netflix show called 'Dear White People'.

There also seems to be a massive problem with you equating saying something about a group of white people with blaming all white people, and apparently you don't know what privilege means. Not that that word even came up on google.
    I googled it, too. Your results sound like mine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    For fun. Okay, it's supposed to be "on a lark". My bad.

See, none of that comes up when I throw "Huffpost white people" into Google.

Okay, I get some of that when I try Huffpost "white people". A lot of the results are just about some Netflix show called 'Dear White People'.

There also seems to be a massive problem with you equating saying something about a group of white people with blaming all white people, and apparently you don't know what privilege means. Not that that word even came up on google.
    Oh okay, I mean I have heard over and over again that the main reason Trump won was because of racism. A rather large portion of the population has to be extremely racist for this to be true, doesn't it?

..As an orphan, I know what privilege means.. Not that it's any of your business...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I guess a better question is the message of division and hate reaching more people than it did 10 years ago, or why is it reaching more people than the message of unity and love?
    It's very rare to find a person who is not afraid of someone or something or both. Fear can become hate way too easily if people refuse to accept the fact that they are afraid. Everyone is afraid, but not everyone gives in to hate as a way of dealing with their fear. Basically, it's easier to blame someone else than to look inward and deal with your own weaknesses.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The Root, Huffpost, Salon, Buzzfeed...so many new sites that decry white people.

If they're new in the way that it's not happening.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Do you think this is a two way street? I have seen articles on websites like the Huffington Post that bash white people or blame them for the worlds problems.
    If it's a two way street, it's one of those two way streets where there's a lot more traffic in one direction than in the other.

Oh okay, I mean I have heard over and over again that the main reason Trump won was because of racism. A rather large portion of the population has to be extremely racist for this to be true, doesn't it?

..As an orphan, I know what privilege means.. Not that it's any of your business...
    Trump's die hard 25-30% approve no matter what, they either agree with his bigotry or don't think it matters enough to disapprove of. And I don't think there's a "main" reason Trump won and disagree with anyone who claims that for any reason, there were many thumbs on that scale.

The Root, Huffpost, Salon, Buzzfeed...so many news sites that decry white people.

How many radio stations?

How many television stations?

How many congressman?

How many senators?

How many Presidents?

No there's not a comparison.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I'm missing all this decrying of white people.

BANNED

Nope. A rather small portion of extreme racists is enough as long as a rather large portion doesn't vote.

To be honest is only salon, there is an edit out there where they replace white people with black people and it looks bad.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh, boo hoo! As Slick Willie used to say, I feel your pain, only he meant that, I don’t.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Btw when is Elon Musk running for president? he seems to care a lot about reaching the stars

Ultimate Member

Most of those sites are run by "white people" so don't even try it.

And they normally decry white racism, not white "people", many of whom are often the authors of said articles.

They don't have to be "extremely" racist -- just ignorant and prejudiced enough to vote for the guy who retweets blatantly racist misinformation like this, as provided by one of his many white supremacist supporters.

Feel free to Google "Crime Statistics Bureau San Francisco" to get the real story behind this tweet.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-07-2018 at 08:34 PM.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Btw when is Elon Musk running for president? he seems to care a lot about reaching the stars
    Unfortunately he is not a United States born citizen or born in a United States territory. However given his efforts to reach Mars I would be totally on board with him leading a Mars colony considering there isn't actually any law for establishing territory in space.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.