Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert saying the wife of Donald Trump Jr. was hospitalized after opening an envelope containing an unknown white powder this morning.
    Doesn't look like it was a real threat, thank goodness. But honestly, with the Trumps making so many enemies.....
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

I could be wrong, but is this Jeff Sessions claiming that the heritage of justice is strictly an Anglo-American one? Sheriffs have existed far before the Americas were discovered as far as I know. Of course this could be him taking shots at Blazing Saddles for all I know, or just everyday racism. Pick your poison.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    how are people defending him?

HOW?
    Usually, it's like "the country was broken and needs extreme measure to fix it."

Plus everything from the Trump defense book: Fake news, he's telling it like it is, locker room talk, yadda yadda
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, while speaking before the National Sheriff's Organization, went full racist:

"The office of Sheriff is a critical part of the Anglo-American heritage of law enforcement. We must never erode this historic office.”
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    white people may not like hispanic people or Asians or "Arabs"

but they are only AFRAID of black people
    I dunno, dude, the asians know kung fu!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I can only imagine that people hated the drug-related crime so much that that accounts for Duterte's continued support. I heard a segment on NPR on the situation over there.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I can only imagine that people hated the drug-related crime so much that that accounts for Duterte's continued support. I heard a segment on NPR on the situation over there.
    oh you heard a segment? how nice for you

I know people with feet on the ground there and its not a great time for decent people there right now

the hardliners are taking over

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I could be wrong, but is this Jeff Sessions claiming that the heritage of justice is strictly an Anglo-American one? Sheriffs have existed far before the Americas were discovered as far as I know. Of course this could be him taking shots at Blazing Saddles for all I know, or just everyday racism. Pick your poison.

Oh man, does he need a good schooling in history.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Oh man, does he need a good schooling in history.
    It's like he can't let himself say the word Heritage without adding Anglo-American like a good ol' countryfied bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I think Sessions looks and acts far more like the Granny from Blazing Saddles. *refrains from posting video*

Mighty Member

Do you guys argue about politics with family on Facebook.

Normally, if a friend posts something dumb as hell, I have no problem commenting on it, but I bite my tongue when family members post dumb ****.

One of them in particular...it's just...she is like the stereotype of the uninformed Trump supporter that falls for (and shares) every ridiculous meme she sees.

Mighty Member

I’m curious how Sessions is going to handle the PR fallout from that, cause that’s quite the red flag (for me anyways).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Do you guys argue about politics with family on Facebook.

Normally, if a friend posts something dumb as hell, I have no problem commenting on it, but I bite my tongue when family members post dumb ****.

One of them in particular...it's just...she is like the stereotype of the uninformed Trump supporter that falls for (and shares) every ridiculous meme she sees.
    Depends on two factors for me. The first is whether you value having them in your lives. If yes, the second is how emotionally fragile are they. Knowing how someone is likely to react goes a long way.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    It's good to know not everyone in your family is a Trump hating zombie.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's good to know not everyone in your family is a Trump hating zombie.
    Ha, no. She is a noted racist, who I have definitely heard in person use the most egregious of racial slurs. Choose your company, I guess.

She and her sons also used to love a meme of Reagan bottle feeding a monkey that said "remember when president Reagan babysat Obama".