• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

You got me rolling lolol
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I really love the fact this idea to pushing her and him together is seemingly many want to see. But to your point I'm not sure how they will make this happen. I do think the only way to bring her in as a love interest would be for Nakia to betray him as she did in the comics.

I think, at least for Storm, where they could infuse her in the BP movie as well as see a younger version of her would be to introduce the character similarly to how DC handled wonder woman. Show her as late 20s early 30s character introduced in BP then follow it up with a solo film where her younger days are explored. Also keep in mind that though boseman is 41/42 in real life he's probably late 20s in film.

Why do you call this a lie?
    A statement like that makes it sound like it was a natural progression and the marriage was doomed to fail. Instead he should have said how writers and editors steered it that way. Starting with Mayberry and Liss. Continuing with Claremonts wish fulfillment alt universe of events. And ending with AvX

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    A statement like that makes it sound like it was a natural progression and the marriage was doomed to fail. Instead he should have said how writers and editors steered it that way. Starting with Mayberry and Liss. Continuing with Claremonts wish fulfillment alt universe of events. And ending with AvX
    Very fair point. Coates is repairing all the trash these previous writers wrote. Don't worry, they will be redeemed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Default To the extreme: 20 x-men ranked from weakest to most overpowered.

https://www.cbr.com/powerful-x-men-ranked/

20. Cypher
    19. Jubilee
    18. Warpath
    17. Colossus
    16. Archangel
    15. Cannonball
    14. Havok
    13. Cyckops
    12. Wolverine
    11. Sunspot
    10. Monet
    9. Rogue
    8. Darwin
    7. Magik

6. Storm

Before being recruited by Xavier to join the X-Men, Ororo Munroe was worshipped as a goddess by the people in her country — and is it any wonder? Occasionally deemed The Weather Witch, Storm has utter control over the weather in nearly any situation. She can fly by manipulating the winds, cause thunderstorms and whirlwinds, and manipulate pollutants in the air to cause acid rain or toxic fog.

Her powers aren’t even limited to being on Earth — that same level of control exists on other planets and in outer space as well. She’s also spent years honing her abilities during her time leading and fighting alongside the X-Men, making it difficult for anyone with less than Omega-Level mutant power to even think about taking her down.

5. Iceman
    4. Jean Grey
    3. Magneto
    2. Professor X
    1. Nate Grey

DO YOU AGREE? How would you change if you don't agree?

Noticeable missing mutants:
    Emma
    Betsy
    Kitty
    Rachel
    Gambit
    Beast
    Bishop
    Nightcrawler
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-12-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There's a case to be made that Darwin, Rogue and Magik could challenge all the characters ranked above them. And Storm has a good chance at upsetting the ones ahead of her, too, but with respect to both offense and defense and overall consistency of power display, that's about right. Outliers like Legion and Franklin could easily upset the top of the list too, but in terms of X-Men who consistently are featured, the top part is pretty reasonable.

The bottom, though, needs some work. Warpath is a beast, and Archangel is not that impressive usually, for example. I'd also rank Havok above Cyclops in terms of pure power potential. Sunspot is highly variable; usually I'd rate him well below Warpath, but his stats have been maxed out at times and his solar plasma gives him an energy projectile. I'd probably put him above Cannonball, too; in the modern canon Sunspot probably exceeds him(though classically I'd give it to Sam). Jubilee actually has far more destructive potential than Archangel and even Wolverine, for example, but she rarely displays that level of power. And oldschool Doug was basically just a translator, but when they brought him back, understanding body language and all that bs made him quite versatile.

Of the characters listed, I'd arrange them as:

Cypher-versatile in linguistics and even hand to hand combat, but ultimately limited
    Wolverine- extremely hard to put down, but his damage is limited to his arm's/claw's length
    Archangel- has the added advantage of long wings which give him aerial advantage and knock out projectiles
    Jubilee- can detonate matter at an atomic level with her plasmoids, give her some respect
    Cyclops- can blast through mountains just by dropping his glasses
    Havok- can blast through mountains with his whole body
    Cannonball- can take a hit from Gladiator on the chin and keep coming(sick defense), not to mention fly really fast
    Warpath- super strong, can fly, near invulnerable, healing factor and super senses? basically an Apache Superman minus the eye beams/cold breath!
    Sunspot- Reignfire showed his potential back in the day:super strength, near invulnerable, flight annnd energy blasts
    Monet- super strong, near invulnerable, flight, super speed/senses annnnnd psionic powers
    Rogue- one touch and she can take you down, let alone super strong/flight/invulnerable as her standards, not to mention anything else she picks up along the way
    Darwin- can't beat this guy!
    Magik- except with magic/battle field removal/hordes of demons
    Iceman- can't beat this guy who will freeze you to death while his ice clones beat you up
    Professor X- except if you control his mind
    Jean Grey- world class telepathy and atom smashing telekinesis
    Nate Grey- all that even more!
    Magneto- can't use your fancy mind powers when your iron is ripped from your blood at lightspeed
    Storm- can't use your fancy magnetic powers when your water is evaporated with a thought!

I'll make Ororo top dog just because she has several planetary feats under her own power, let alone her galactic and dimensional supreme efforts! Any one of the characters below her could get lucky. Her defense isn't that refined, but her offense is monstrous!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There's a case to be made that Darwin, Rogue and Magik could challenge all the characters ranked above them. And Storm has a good chance at upsetting the ones ahead of her, too, but with respect to both offense and defense and overall consistency of power display, that's about right. Outliers like Legion and Franklin could easily upset the top of the list too, but in terms of X-Men who consistently are featured, the top part is pretty reasonable.

The bottom, though, needs some work. Warpath is a beast, and Archangel is not that impressive usually, for example. I'd also rank Havok above Cyclops in terms of pure power potential. Sunspot is highly variable; usually I'd rate him well below Warpath, but his stats have been maxed out at times and his solar plasma gives him an energy projectile. I'd probably put him above Cannonball, too; in the modern canon Sunspot probably exceeds him(though classically I'd give it to Sam). Jubilee actually has far more destructive potential than Archangel and even Wolverine, for example, but she rarely displays that level of power. And oldschool Doug was basically just a translator, but when they brought him back, understanding body language and all that bs made him quite versatile.

Of the characters listed, I'd arrange them as:

Cypher-versatile in linguistics and even hand to hand combat, but ultimately limited
    Wolverine- extremely hard to put down, but his damage is limited to his arm's/claw's length
    Archangel- has the added advantage of long wings which give him aerial advantage and knock out projectiles
    Jubilee- can detonate matter at an atomic level with her plasmoids, give her some respect
    Cyclops- can blast through mountains just by dropping his glasses
    Havok- can blast through mountains with his whole body
    Cannonball- can take a hit from Gladiator on the chin and keep coming(sick defense), not to mention fly really fast
    Warpath- super strong, can fly, near invulnerable, healing factor and super senses? basically an Apache Superman minus the eye beams/cold breath!
    Sunspot- Reignfire showed his potential back in the day:super strength, near invulnerable, flight annnd energy blasts
    Monet- super strong, near invulnerable, flight, super speed/senses annnnnd psionic powers
    Rogue- one touch and she can take you down, let alone super strong/flight/invulnerable as her standards, not to mention anything else she picks up along the way
    Darwin- can't beat this guy!
    Magik- except with magic/battle field removal/hordes of demons
    Iceman- can't beat this guy who will freeze you to death while his ice clones beat you up
    Professor X- except if you control his mind
    Jean Grey- world class telepathy and atom smashing telekinesis
    Nate Grey- all that even more!
    Magneto- can't use your fancy mind powers when your iron is ripped from your blood at lightspeed
    Storm- can't use your fancy magnetic powers when your water is evaporated with a thought!

I'll make Ororo top dog just because she has several planetary feats under her own power, let alone her galactic and dimensional supreme efforts! Any one of the characters below her could get lucky. Her defense isn't that refined, but her offense is monstrous!
    I'm absolutely in love with your response. I honestly didn't expect Storm to be atop your list. I'm assuming you are not considering Phoenix Jean Grey. Curious how magneto and storm beat nate, is it do to them both being able to attack characters internally? Or is it nate doesn't have global, galactic and dimensional feats. Completely forgot about legion and Franklin.

I'm absolutely in love with your response. I honestly didn't expect Storm to be atop your list. I'm assuming you are not considering Phoenix Jean Grey. Curious how magneto and storm beat nate, is it do to them both being able to attack characters internally? Or is it nate doesn't have global, galactic and dimensional feats. Completely forgot about legion and Franklin.
    I forgot to include Colossus from the original list. I guess he can go between Cannonball and Warpath(who edges him out with the flight and super senses, strength/durability should be about equal or even Piotr's advantage). In theory Roberto could melt him, though.

You know, I haven't really read Nate's series beyond an issue or two, so I am a bit ignorant of his feats, but Ororo and Magnus both have such high telepathic resistance and destructive output, I have a feeling they could figure something out to take him down(besides, he lost the vast majority of his power in the Utopia era, so him edging out Jean is only in deference to his classical potential). And yes, regular, no-Phoenix Jean.

I almost didn't put Ororo on top, but this is her thread after all, and I do think she could slap the psis down if she wants to and at her best can take Magnus(if the writer understands physics enough). Plus I don't recall anyone else beating up dimensional gods and fixing a whole dimension as it falls apart at the seams, let alone channel the power of millions of stars and planets.

Last edited by yogaflame; 02-13-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I forgot to include Colossus from the original list. I guess he can go between Cannonball and Warpath(who edges him out with the flight and super senses, strength/durability should be about equal or even Piotr's advantage). In theory Roberto could melt him, though.

You know, I haven't really read Nate's series beyond an issue or two, so I am a bit ignorant of his feats, but Ororo and Magnus both have such high telepathic resistance and destructive output, I have a feeling they could figure something out to take him down(besides, he lost the vast majority of his power in the Utopia era, so him edging out Jean is only in deference to his classical potential). And yes, regular, no-Phoenix Jean.

I almost didn't put Ororo on top, but this is her thread after all, and I do think she could slap the psis down if she wants to and at her best can take Magnus(if the writer understands physics enough). Plus I don't recall anyone else beating up dimensional gods and fixing a while dimension as it falls apart at the seems, let alone channel the power of millions of stars and planets.

I know nothing really about nate either other than him being an omega level. What's the hottest temp colossus has resisted!? I didn't think he could melt but it I'm assuming he would have a similar melting point to actual steel. In terms of power I can see her actually being ahead of all those listed above her based upon actual feats as well (Jean without Phoenix).

And yasss to that last statement and YAAAAAASSSSSS TO THAT STORM!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-13-2018 at 12:36 AM.

This list was cool up until the last one :

https://m.ranker.com/list/insane-mom...l-zane-pinnock

I know nothing really about nate either other than him being an omega level. What's the hottest temp colossus has resisted!? I didn't think he could melt but it I'm assuming he would have a similar melting point to actual steel. In terms of power I can see her actually being ahead of all those listed above her based upon actual feats as well (Jean without Phoenix).

And yasss to that last statement and YAAAAAASSSSSS TO THAT STORM!!!
    Yeah, I feel like Nate is just overhyped, spinning out of AoA. The fact that you can ignore his solo and he barely registers on the grand scheme of things shows you he's not all that(I'm sure some hardcore Nate fans could school us, but still, he doesn't have that powerlevel anymore after Sugar Man drained his powers or whatever in the Utopia era).

Colossus is technically organic osmium, the most dense naturally occurring element, rivaling diamond in hardness. Using real science, he would have a definitive melting point of 3306 K ​(3033 °C, ​5491 °F) and boiling point of 5285 K ​(5012 °C, ​9054 °F), the fourth highest of all known real substances(behind only carbon, tungsten and rhenium). His limit was reached in the comics when Pyro super heated him and then Avalanche busted liquid nitrogen on him.

Rogue had to steal his powers to revert him to flesh and the Morlock Healer had to fix him instantly to save him from that one. After the Mutant Massacre he was also severely damaged by Riptide's shurikens that Magneto had to fix the molecular damage, which left him paralyzed until the Fall of the Mutants(but he was stronger than before).

And yass, that cosplayer is working that mane!

Spectacular Member

I wonder does Storm have the power of necromancy,she once saw her mother‘s ghost and communicated with Nightcrawler’s ghost in x-23 issues。I personally think this is a evidence that can prove her magical heritage。
    Another question:Storm from earth 23895 is a shaman witch right?do you know in which issue of exiles she showed or
    said her magical power?

BANNED

https://www.cbr.com/powerful-x-men-ranked/

20. Cypher
    19. Jubilee
    18. Warpath
    17. Colossus
    16. Archangel
    15. Cannonball
    14. Havok
    13. Cyckops
    12. Wolverine
    11. Sunspot
    10. Monet
    9. Rogue
    8. Darwin
    7. Magik

6. Storm

Before being recruited by Xavier to join the X-Men, Ororo Munroe was worshipped as a goddess by the people in her country — and is it any wonder? Occasionally deemed The Weather Witch, Storm has utter control over the weather in nearly any situation. She can fly by manipulating the winds, cause thunderstorms and whirlwinds, and manipulate pollutants in the air to cause acid rain or toxic fog.

Her powers aren’t even limited to being on Earth — that same level of control exists on other planets and in outer space as well. She’s also spent years honing her abilities during her time leading and fighting alongside the X-Men, making it difficult for anyone with less than Omega-Level mutant power to even think about taking her down.

5. Iceman
    4. Jean Grey
    3. Magneto
    2. Professor X
    1. Nate Grey

DO YOU AGREE? How would you change if you don't agree?

Noticeable missing mutants:
    Emma
    Betsy
    Kitty
    Rachel
    Gambit
    Beast
    Bishop
    Nightcrawler
    Storm should be above Magneto and Iceman only because she can simply do exactly what they can do, but a little BETTER. Jean by herself is powerful, but not that powerful(Personally) it seems easy to take her concentration away from her if multiple things are happening at once.

Storm should be 4 or 5, but EH I can deal with 6
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-13-2018 at 08:24 AM.

In which comic did storm speak to her mothers ghost

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Not to derail the thread to much but seeing that new issue of Essence Magazine with the women of BP is so bittersweet because 3/4 were my picks for Storm and they are serving on the cover. It’s so upsetting we couldn’t have gotten them in the role. Also on a side note to see Kitty Pryde movie being announced it’s like a slap in the face, Storm has the fanbase why won’t they greenlight a solo movie and she she has rich history to bring a compelling story to the big screen. Maybe after BP delivers they decide to strike while the iron is hot with a rebooted Storm by someone who looks like the gorgeous women on the cover of Essence

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

These women are stunning omg. Black Royalty.