Page 58 of 117 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    That's quite a cover! I always preferred the blue with black trim. Can somebody please tell me why Franklin has black hair now?
    Because he was being rebellious, just before Ben's wedding.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Red face

4X #4 is out today

Decent quick wrap up but the ending grated me a bit.

spoilers:
    Threatening Reed at the end after FF basically saved the X-men

I also continue to think next year will see the FF and Avengers vs X-men because Xavier is not likeable at all and it’s deliberate.

Finally, I thought Reed might tell Xavier he knows what’s going on after hinting in issue 1 but it never came.

I also thought it would end with Valerie walking through the gate leaving us wondering if she’s a mutant as well to give this mini some meaning but no.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 07-22-2020 at 01:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't think those kids being adopted and joining the F4 is that wild, considering the next writer will probably just group them with the future foundation kids. I'm guessing Slott will have the F4 travel around space "permenantly" as the big change.

Extraordinary Member

Adoption for Ben and Alicia would be a big deal in a comic about family.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think those kids being adopted and joining the F4 is that wild, considering the next writer will probably just group them with the future foundation kids. I'm guessing Slott will have the F4 travel around space "permenantly" as the big change.
    Will other books pay attention to that? It would suck to divide the FF from the MU yet again...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will other books pay attention to that? It would suck to divide the FF from the MU yet again...
    If that’s what Slott thinks is huge then he’s worse than I thought.

They’ve just come back and had nearly zero interaction with the MU, some cameo here and there and an afterthought in war of the realms.

The first 24 issues have been utterly forgettable stories so if that’s the direction they go with 25+ then I might have to give up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    If that’s what Slott thinks is huge then he’s worse than I thought.

They’ve just come back and had nearly zero interaction with the MU, some cameo here and there and an afterthought in war of the realms.

The first 24 issues have been utterly forgettable stories so if that’s the direction they go with 25+ then I might have to give up.
    I disagree on the first 24 issues sentiment...but yeah...sending them off into space would be moronic. Just let them enjoy life on Earth and reconnect with their Earth friends. I would particularly like to see Franlin and Val have some semblance of a normal childhood with normal friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Maybe they adopt the Kree and Skrull kids?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I disagree on the first 24 issues sentiment...but yeah...sending them off into space would be moronic. Just let them enjoy life on Earth and reconnect with their Earth friends. I would particularly like to see Franlin and Val have some semblance of a normal childhood with normal friends.

Maybe they adopt the Kree and Skrull kids?
    That’s exactly what we’re talking about

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Couldn't Ben and Alicia just go to a IVF clinic? I mean give ben a cup, a magazine, and point him to the men's room -- nine months later he and Alicia are parents.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-22-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Couldn't Ben and Alicia just go to a IVF clinic? I mean give ben a cup, a magazine, and point him to the men's room -- nine months later he and Alicia are parents.
    I think an earlier issue Johnny had joked with Ben about Ben not having that appendage. Now if that is true, then retrieving Ben's semen could be very difficult. And even though we can discuss these things on a message board, it's unlikely the comic itself would go that route.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    4X #4 is out today

Decent quick wrap up but the ending grated me a bit.

spoilers:
    Threatening Reed at the end after FF basically saved the X-men

I also continue to think next year will see the FF and Avengers vs X-men because Xavier is not likeable at all and it’s deliberate.

Finally, I thought Reed might tell Xavier he knows what’s going on after hinting in issue 1 but it never came.

I also thought it would end with Valerie walking through the gate leaving us wondering if she’s a mutant as well to give this mini some meaning but no.

end of spoilers

Yeah, it grated on me more than a little. You forgot to mention the one key point that really had me cringing....
    spoilers:

They didn't just threaten Reed - they basically violated him and destroyed his ability to create a tool to block their DNA from reading by Krakoa tech. Yes, it had a potential use of removing the gene as well, but that doesn't justify their actions.
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that Xavier and Magneto's outright villainous behaviors seem deliberate. It makes me wonder if Hickman and crew are planning to eventually bring about the end of this "new age of mutantkind" at some point during, or at the close of, their run on the X-titles.

Regardless, this action on their part to basically neuter Reed's ability to impact them needs to have long term consequences. I'd really like to see Reed figure out a way to counteract Xavier's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by dmhaight View Post
    I agree with you that Xavier and Magneto's outright villainous behaviors seem deliberate. It makes me wonder if Hickman and crew are planning to eventually bring about the end of this "new age of mutantkind" at some point during, or at the close of, their run on the X-titles.

Regardless, this action on their part to basically neuter Reed's ability to impact them needs to have long term consequences. I'd really like to see Reed figure out a way to counteract Xavier's actions.

I've long had the theory that the way EVERYONE is acting out of character in the x-books... teh only way to redeem that franchise in my eyes is to have all the 'real' X-men reveal to be stuck in pods underneath Krakoa and eventually escape to take on this crazy new pretenders.

Everything I've seen just screams 'They aren't the REAL X-men.... everything will be explained by the end of the run...'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmhaight View Post

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I've long had the theory that the way EVERYONE is acting out of character in the x-books... teh only way to redeem that franchise in my eyes is to have all the 'real' X-men reveal to be stuck in pods underneath Krakoa and eventually escape to take on this crazy new pretenders.

Everything I've seen just screams 'They aren't the REAL X-men.... everything will be explained by the end of the run...'
    Preach it...I want to see that as well. Give me back my heroes.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Yeah they went overboard with villain vibes. But this was dumb.

Sue would not apologize.

Reed would not get punked. The smartest man alive would have a back up. And a way to restore his mind from psyche attacks.

This was Xmen guest starring FF.

Not a fan of end

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    Yeah they went overboard with villain vibes. But this was dumb.

Sue would not apologize.

Reed would not get punked. The smartest man alive would have a back up. And a way to restore his mind from psyche attacks.

This was Xmen guest starring FF.

Not a fan of end
    What I don't get is why Sue and Reed changed their minds and allowed Franklin to go to Krakoa with Apocalypse, Magneto, Sinister, ect there. The end really made the whole thing seem pointless.

I'm also very interested to see what the FF will do when the Avengers goes to war with Krakoa.