Page 23 of 274 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

They'll make Cyclops black. Calling it.

Start with Xavier, keep the jean story the same as from the fox movies where her parents died and have her last moment inside her mind, hearing their thoughts on how much they love her and want her to live. Xavier ends up adopting her. They take a trip to Africa some years later where Storm pick pockets Xavier running past him and jean, jean accidentally lightly touches her mind. Shadowking vs.Xavier story happens as is, storm goes on to be a theif, does her walk at 12 and ends up being a goddess in kenya for a year before stories get out and Xavier and Jean show up, Jean talks to her, Ororo remembers her touching her mind. They both connect over laying next to their dead parents body, Xavier adopts a 14 year old ororo, one year later he introduces his girls to scott. So you have your starting trio there, Storm, Jean, Scott. And yes i am bias. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 09-23-2021 at 03:28 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Ought to be Hispanic. They’re the most underrepresented group in the MCU plus the fastest growing demographic in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Start with Xavier, keep the jean story the same as from the fox movies where her parents died and have her last moment inside her mind, hearing their thoughts on how much they love her and want her to live. Xavier ends up adopting her. They take a trip to Africa some years later where Storm pick pockets Xavier running past him and jean, jean accidentally lightly touches her mind. Shadowking vs.Xavier story happens as is, storm goes on to be a theif, does her walk at 12 and ends up being a goddess in kenya for a year before stories get out and Xavier and Jean show up, Jean talks to her, Ororo remembers her touching her mind. They both connect over laying next to their dead parents body, Xavier adopts a 14 year old ororo, one year later he introduces his girls to scott. So you have your starting trio there, Storm, Jean, Scott.
    Those three were the first X-men in the Ultimate Universe actually.

Ultimate Member

I don't see how anyone could be opposed to to racebending a group of heroes who appropriated the minority struggle for civil rights

Anyway, I think the MCU shouldn't go the obvious route, like overdoing Wolverine, or doing the O5, for some reason. They should focus on lesser known and underused or unused mutants from the movies and comics. The main thing is to not retread too much ground covered by the XCU

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't see how anyone could be opposed to to racebending a group of heroes who appropriated the minority struggle for civil rights

Anyway, I think the MCU shouldn't go the obvious route, like overdoing Wolverine, or doing the O5, for some reason. They should focus on lesser known and underused or unused mutants from the movies and comics. The main thing is to not retread too much ground covered by the XCU
    So Jean and Scott would be an option because they were not really covered much^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ought to be Hispanic. They’re the most underrepresented group in the MCU plus the fastest growing demographic in the United States.

Those three were the first X-men in the Ultimate Universe actually.
    They're about to cast Anthony Ramos as Werewolf By Night and between America Chavez and Echo they'll have that covered

BANNED

Please, God, no no no no. Thanks.

Let's do it!

With the Dazzler affair, please.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Please, God, no no no no. Thanks.
    It'll be Leslie Odom Jr.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    So Jean and Scott would be an option because they were not really covered much^^
    Eh, they showed up in a lot of movies, but weren't portrayed well, so they're in the grey zone. Admittedly, I'm not big fans of them. I prefer characters from later teams, like Storm, Nightcrawler, Beast or even Shadowcat. So I think there should be a mix of those guys with others who didn't get major appearances or any at all, like Bishop or Psylocke (sans body swapping), or some of the New Mutants again too at some point.

I also hope they'll try different plot points rather than what the XCU covered. X-Men have a wide universe of characters and places, like the Mojoverse and the Shi'ar and Alpha Flight, so why not see more of that?

They're about to cast Anthony Ramos as Werewolf By Night and between America Chavez and Echo they'll have that covered
    Hahaha, that's barely much of anything considering how White these movies are. And Idk if they're all even from the same ethnic backgrounds. Besides, it might be hard for anyone to buy someone like Cyclops as a civil rights leader in 2021
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 09-24-2021 at 07:53 AM.

So three D-list characters and they have that covered? They made Black Panther a household name, just made Captain America Black, will be introducing Iron Heart/Riri Williams, rebooting Blade and soon enough will have Storm making her MCU debut.

I think they can do a bit better for the massive and growing Hispanic demographic personally. Just my $.02, and why I think making Cyclops Hispanic makes more sense and is more needed than making him Black.

Spectacular Member

Start with it the Death of Xavier. He's been telepathically hiding mutants / the mansion / etc. from the collective public's mind using Cerebro, and with his death, the memories, etc. come back.

The various mutants / x-men are congregating for his funeral - the original X-Men are older (It's too bad Jeffrey Wright is the voice of the watcher - he would have been a great Beast), and they now have to deal with a world that knows them.

You could flash back to various events when the 05 were younger - that made Xavier decide to go this route - battles that go badly, etc.

Spectacular Member

People really shouldn’t be stuck on the O5. The first team can just be any old X-Men from whatever decade, recruited by Professor X.

Thankfully, the characters are pretty diverse, and as far a gender goes, the women are more powerful and just as popular as the men. That means there isn’t a need to make Cyclops black if you want a black man on the team, just include Bishop (or Synch, or Sunspot, or Cloak…). Just please don’t make the POC background characters, Disney. NOBODY wants a rehash of the Life and Times of Three White Guys (ahem, Professor X, Magneto, and Wolverine)

I'm also reasonably confident they'll make Xavier black. It'd make the MLK comparison a little too heavy handed but itd work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Just please don’t make the POC background characters, Disney. NOBODY wants a rehash of the Life and Times of Three White Guys (ahem, Professor X, Magneto, and Wolverine)
    As I understand it, most Jewish people, particularly European Jews, don't consider themselves white.