Page 56 of 301 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

The lack of trust is why I hope that the leak is wrong. It shouldn’t be tired just for her, it’s tired for the readers as well. That’s the one thing that writers always go back to. No matter how much the previous writer did to establish those relationships, the next writer just ignores it. The untrustworthy insider trope got old a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    The lack of trust is why I hope that the leak is wrong. It shouldn’t be tired just for her, it’s tired for the readers as well. That’s the one thing that writers always go back to. No matter how much the previous writer did to establish those relationships, the next writer just ignores it. The untrustworthy insider trope got old a while ago.
    Yeah that's what I am tired of, specially because most of the times this is written as characters complaining and bickering about Emma and never recognising all the things she has done to help not only mutantkind but even some of the individuals that don't like her
    Last edited by AnaFrost01; 03-25-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Mighty Member

You can't really say that trust between Emma and the X-men is old and should be done away with when you consider her X-men black issue. I mean she couldn't be honest and upfront with them about her Intentions to take out Shaw? Its actions like that that perpetuates the untrustworthy narrative, no one wants to feel like they've been used and played for a fool. So when things like that happen of course the X-men will have trust issues where Emma is concerned. Let's see what happens when she meets up with Scott and Logan and how all that plays out. Although associating herself with Mystique is not a good look.

Emma can handle the critique. And that's just a good breeding ground for more delicious Emma dialogue

I don't think that will ever go away.

The sliding timeline means that nothing can ever really develop fully or be resolved, sooner or later it will be reset to its most "iconic" state. There are some rare exceptions, but this is probably not one of them.

Emma is one of the characters balancing on an edge in this respect (which is part of what makes her interesting), but it's more a question of if she'll keep the slightly untrusted status or backslide into either villainy and/or obscurity. Being "just another X-Man" for the long term is not on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    You can't really say that trust between Emma and the X-men is old and should be done away with when you consider her X-men black issue. I mean she couldn't be honest and upfront with them about her Intentions to take out Shaw? Its actions like that that perpetuates the untrustworthy narrative, no one wants to feel like they've been used and played for a fool. So when things like that happen of course the X-men will have trust issues where Emma is concerned. Let's see what happens when she meets up with Scott and Logan and how all that plays out. Although associating herself with Mystique is not a good look.
    Yeah sure Emma tells them "Hi guys would you help me take down the hellfire club and Shawn so I can be the new black king", they would not be okay with her being the new Black King, because they didn't trust her already. I am not saying the x-men were wrong to be distrustful at that stage, but Emma was right in not telling them her intensions, otherwise she wouldn't have achieved her goal.

All I am saying is that Emma Frost is in a pretty good spot right now, she doesn't need the X-men, let alone be in a team that she has to be proving herself worthy all the time, she could easily have her own thing were she is the boss

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    Emma can handle the critique. And that's just a good breeding ground for more delicious Emma dialogue
    That's true, Emma can handle it and I am gonna loved it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I don't think that will ever go away.

The sliding timeline means that nothing can ever really develop fully or be resolved, sooner or later it will be reset to its most "iconic" state. There are some rare exceptions, but this is probably not one of them.

Emma is one of the characters balancing on an edge in this respect (which is part of what makes her interesting), but it's more a question of if she'll keep the slightly untrusted status or backslide into either villainy and/or obscurity. Being "just another X-Man" for the long term is not on the table.
    I don’t think it will go away either, but there’s a difference between a few characters never trusting her and people learning to trust her only to forget and repeat the process in a writer or two or being on a team where no on trusts you. And I don’t think the threat of sliding into villainy is a good thing, or really something that was around before. What makes her stand out from being “just another X-man” is that her former villainy means that she’s more willing to tie that line between hero and anti-hero/villainy than most of the X-men.

More that I think about the 4chan rumors the more I dislike them. Why is she even on that team?

I don’t think it will go away either, but there’s a difference between a few characters never trusting her and people learning to trust her only to forget and repeat the process in a writer or two or being on a team where no on trusts you. And I don’t think the threat of sliding into villainy is a good thing, or really something that was around before. What makes her stand out from being “just another X-man” is that her former villainy means that she’s more willing to tie that line between hero and anti-hero/villainy than most of the X-men.

More that I think about the 4chan rumors the more I dislike them. Why is she even on that team?
    I don't dislike the rumour, but I also can't understand why Emma RIGHT NOW would be on that team in these terms

Quote Originally Posted by AnaFrost01 View Post
    I don't dislike the rumour, but I also can't understand why Emma RIGHT NOW would be on that team in these terms
    Yeah. The team itself isn’t bad, and I’ve already said why I don’t like the no one trusting thing already. But the concept doesn’t make sense. Why is she with the team if no one trusts her? The only thing I can think of is to finance them, so they have to keep her around to be able to operate. But the leak explicitly says that isn’t the case.

Emma was right

If everyone liked Emma, ​​she wouldn't be Emma.
    So it doesn't bother me that someone doesn't trust her. It always has been that way.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    So it doesn't bother me that someone doesn't trust her. It always has been that way.
    This all day! Mama thrive on having folks second guess her and keeping her at arms reach
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

I don’t dislike that not everyone trusts her. I dislike when they make a story where she gains someone’s trust, and then they immediately go back and ignore it, or where no one trusts her.

Emma was right

I don’t dislike that not everyone trusts her. I dislike when they make a story where she gains someone’s trust, and then they immediately go back and ignore it, or where no one trusts her.
    Welp, she's surrounded by idiots.

True.

But also true.

The thing is that it's not just an Emma thing is a general storytelling thing. So I can't really say they are doing it to Emma alone. Continuity sucks all around nowadays.