Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The first two X-films don’t take place in the span of months.
    And there is no off-screen time spent between Jean and Logan. Logan leaves at the end of X1, Jean "dies" at the end of X2 and she again dies at the end of X3. Those two barely spent a week together at best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And there is no off-screen time spent between Jean and Logan. Logan leaves at the end of X1, Jean "dies" at the end of X2 and she again dies at the end of X3. Those two barely spent a week together at best.
    Logan spent several months at the X-Mansion, before the final fight in X1.
    Said that, have you ever fall in love in your life? It's not matter of time-length, you know.

Bottom line: why being here critizing these fantastic movies? Just focuse yourself on other movies.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Logan spent several months at the X-Mansion, before the final fight in X1.
    No, he didn't. The time span was a couple of days at most.
    Said that, have you ever fall in love in your life? It's not matter of time-length, you know.
    Said every 14 year old ever.
    Bottom line: why being here critizing these fantastic movies? Just focuse yourself on other movies.
    This is a messageboard.

BANNED

There wasn't a single critical thing about the movies in the post you quoted.

They interacted for 3 movies and a LARGE AMOUNT of off-screen months you're not gonna to see on-screen.

Exactly like Vision and Wanda in the MCU, they interacted for few minutes on-screen --- and Vision is depicted in a very minimum amount of screentime throughout the movieS LOL ---- but you're supposed to care anyway because it's MCU and it's a big trend and because things.

Or Bruce and Scarlet.

Or Tony and Pepper.
    First off the X-Men (2000) takes place over the span of a few days and X2 same and only a few weeks at best took place between the two films there is even on screen dialog between Scott and Jean in X2 that confirms that Jean powers got a boost since Liberty Island and only a MONTH earlier she could barely move objects now the room shakes if she has a nightmare.

Two Tony and Pepper's relationship was a core to the 3 Iron Man films and have known each other 10 plus years.

Vision and Wanda had few scenes but the scenes were made to develop their relationship with him saving her in Age of Ultron, the Civil War Scenes 1st scene is him phasing into the room and her telling him they discussed him doing that meaning he does that enough for her to talk to him about it. 2nd Scene during the Sokovia Accords discussions he said they would protect her again showing he cares for her, 3rd scene he is making a childhood favorite of hers meaning he knows such things and tries to put her at ease over everything going on, 4th scene begs her not to go fearing the repercussions, 5th scene her being injured distracted him something he was unsure was possible. Infinity War's first scene of them shows that in the 2 years since Civil War they have snuck off and been together when they could so all their scenes were about adding small elements to show their relationship.

Bruce and Natasha was always a underdeveloped out of left field WTF and major complaint of fans of the MCU.

The MCU and even DCEU take the little moments to develop their characters personal relationships that the main X-Men films never does with the Scott, Jean, and Wolverine triangle they almost did with Scott and Jean cut the mall scenes in Apocalypse which showed some bonding on a relatable level.

To be fair it's not like they don't do it at all Beast and Mystique, Charles and Moira, Magneto and his family in Apocalypse, Deadpool and Vanessa, Wolverine and Silverfox, even Rogue, Bobby, and Kitty.

Original X-Men trilogy Jean was attracted to Logan, Logan was attracted/in Love (cough obsessed cough at least that was comic accurate) with Jean, and Scott was the bland boyfriend to C Block Logan. Apocalypse is was a mutual Attraction between Jean and Scott but none of the small moments to show them falling in love at least in the final cut of the film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    First off the X-Men (2000) takes place over the span of a few days and X2 same and only a few weeks at best took place between the two films there is even on screen dialog between Scott and Jean in X2 that confirms that Jean powers got a boost since Liberty Island and only a MONTH earlier she could barely move objects now the room shakes if she has a nightmare.

Vision and Wanda had few scenes but the scenes were made to develop their relationship with him saving her in Age of Ultron, the Civil War Scenes 1st scene is him phasing into the room and her telling him they .
    The relationship between Vision and Wanda was non-existent, and Vision was a poorly developed version of the character to begin with. He should have been given more, MUCH more screentime, instead of American Football Player Thor who was Thor "in name only" and was a super-bland depiction/version of the comic book character. Almost an insult to his fans...

There's no evidence that X1 do not involve several weeks of timeline, so again it's nitpicking for the sake of it. I'm sure it's about many weeks if not months.

There's enough development with Charles, Moira, Mystique, Magneto, Beast and their romantic relationships... and even Jean who is given enough depth in the first 3 movies.

"Dark Phoenix" is all Cyclops and Jean, so again this will be the ultimate "victory" for these adult, brilliant and intense movies in terms of development.

Well this whole thing is getting silly. Anyway someone whose been spoiled post Chastains characters name with spoiler tags. I'm not rushing to see this one based off the trailers so ima get spoiled to everything by the time I go see it on a $5 Tuesday anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well this whole thing is getting silly. Anyway someone whose been spoiled post Chastains characters name with spoiler tags. I'm not rushing to see this one based off the trailers so ima get spoiled to everything by the time I go see it on a $5 Tuesday anyway.
    Oh uh. Okay:

spoilers:
    She assumes the identity of a human female called "Agent Smith". She has no real name revealed and the aliens have no name at all.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Said every 14 year old ever.
    This answer makes me understand that some people here don't ever fall in love as adults. It's not a teenager thing. It can be very profound and deep, despite a minimum amount of time-length spent with a person.

Oh again, what about any other couple in the MCU Rainbow World? LMAO.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I’ve seen a few people say they want to see this and they have never seen any of the X-Men films. Same case with Logan. Got me thinking that the X-Men series is nearly 20 years old, older than anyone who is a minor today. So I imagine the majority of the younger general audience has never watched the older films.

There's no evidence that X1 do not involve several weeks of timeline, so again it's nitpicking for the sake of it. I'm sure it's about many weeks if not months.
    There is clear evidence that the time span in X1 is just a couple of days at most. You are straight up ignoring facts.

This answer makes me understand that some people here don't ever fall in love as adults. It's not a teenager thing. It can be very profound and deep, despite a minimum amount of time-length spent with a person.
    That's what 14 year olds say. There hasn't been a single scene in 19 years that explains why Logan and Jean are attracted to each other, other than that the plot demands it.
    Oh again, what about any other couple in the MCU Rainbow World? LMAO.
    Enough whataboutism, ok? Joker79 already explained why MCU relationships are better anyway, but you again chose to ignore facts. And also that MCU fans do have problems with some relationships, we don't blindly defend everything.

That's what 14 year olds say. There hasn't been a single scene in 19 years that explains why Logan and Jean are attracted to each other, other than that the plot demands it.

Enough whataboutism, ok? Joker79 already explained why MCU relationships are better anyway, but you again chose to ignore facts. And also that MCU fans do have problems with some relationships, we don't blindly defend everything.
    Lol Apocalypse changed that and basically had Jean imprint on a feral Wolverine and she got a glimpse at his mind and maybe that formed a connection. But she was young af I thought they were all suppose to be 16 ish but Batkeston said Nightcrawler was 20 in the movie so who knows. So came off creepy to me but yea they made up a reason but I dont think its good.

@Batkeaton thanks for the character info though yea that did nothing the make me wanna see this movie more. You coulda just made up a fake name for her and it woulda had the same effect. But appreciate the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol Apocalypse changed that and basically had Jean imprint on a feral Wolverine and she got a glimpse at his mind and maybe that formed a connection. But she was young af I thought they were all suppose to be 16 ish but Batkeston said Nightcrawler was 20 in the movie so who knows. So came off creepy to me but yea they made up a reason but I dont think its good.

@Batkeaton thanks for the character info though yea that did nothing the make me wanna see this movie more. You coulda just made up a fake name for her and it woulda had the same effect. But appreciate the response.
    I was hoping to not get reminded of that creepy af scene. They were in school, clearly meant to be 16-17.

I was hoping to not get reminded of that creepy af scene. They were in school, clearly meant to be 16-17.
    That's what I thought but Batkeaton said Nightcralwer was 20. Now if they are 16/17 that means nightcrawler was probaly 15 at best when he decided to carve into his own skin for sins(Iono guess he masturbated alot in middle school). I find that to be more creepy then anything. This Nightcralwers life is way different then X2. He was found at a young age and brought to Xavier. There is no reason to keep the scars, I think they legit forgot where the scars came from and just liked how it looked, helps break up some of the solid blue aswell.