Page 22 of 343 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Barbara is going to be a good guy in this audio drama?

Interesting.

There is a life size model of Wonder Woman in her Golden Eagle armor from WW84 on display at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis for their superhero exhibit. There is also apparently a fiberglass model of Cheetah as well, perched above Wonder Woman.

https://www.kpcnews.com/features/lif...29e53a7d7.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    There is a life size model of Wonder Woman in her Golden Eagle armor from WW84 on display at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis for their superhero exhibit. There is also apparently a fiberglass model of Cheetah as well, perched above Wonder Woman.

https://www.kpcnews.com/features/lif...29e53a7d7.html
    This is beautiful! Regardless of how people feel about the movie, the Golden Eagle Armor is definitely eye-popping!

Extraordinary Member

The Golden Age of Wonder Woman tales is collected in this beautiful, oversize omnibus series, continuing with stories from the early 1950s in Wonder Woman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 5!

Follow the adventures of Wonder Woman in this stunning collection of her classic adventures! Join Wonder Woman as she takes on perilous adventures in the name of justice!

Collects Action Comics #142, Wonder Woman #35-47, and Sensation Comics #90-104.

Follow Wonder Woman on her sensational adventures as she travels across the globe upholding her values of strength, truth, empowerment and peace.

This collection features classic characters from the Wonder Woman mythos like, Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, and Cheetah, and takes Diana Prince on adventures that will put her up against opponents like Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Penguin, and much more!

Collects the digital series Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace #1-10.

Incredible Member

I watched Wonder Woman (2009) for the first time in years. For some reason, I'd convinced myself I didn't like this film, but I enjoyed it much more than I remembered. I think it's mainly Steve's characterization that irks in this film, but once I get over that, it is much more enjoyable.

I forgot that the final battle was in D.C. I know there's a lot of debate here about Diana's home city, but she really does work in D.C. It's just a perfect fit. I loved the animation, the voice acting, the use of Ares, and the ending credit with Cheetah. I wish this world come have continued, but I could settle for an Animated Series.

Here's hoping the Justice Society movie does right by Diana and Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I watched Wonder Woman (2009) for the first time in years. For some reason, I'd convinced myself I didn't like this film, but I enjoyed it much more than I remembered. I think it's mainly Steve's characterization that irks in this film, but once I get over that, it is much more enjoyable.

I forgot that the final battle was in D.C. I know there's a lot of debate here about Diana's home city, but she really does work in D.C. It's just a perfect fit. I loved the animation, the voice acting, the use of Ares, and the ending credit with Cheetah. I wish this world come have continued, but I could settle for an Animated Series.

I think there were plans for a sequel but WB didn't like the sales, so it was axed.

I liked Ares' characterization and his voice but I hated his design.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I loved the movie and was so pissed we didnt get a sequel. Gail Simone helped write it and I think she did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

We have a good amount of WW coming this month don't we!

I feel Washington D.C. fits Diana better than a fictional city, given how her status as an icon is equally tied to politics as it is entertainment.

Yeah they really made Steve an ass in this movie. At least he developed as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I loved the movie and was so pissed we didnt get a sequel. Gail Simone helped write it and I think she did a great job.
    Oh, I didn't know Simone had a hand in this! Maybe if they had a sequel Cheetah would have been treated fairly and not just a growling punching bag that animated movies love to use her as. At least at the end of this movie she got to look cool for a second.

But seriously, Cheetah must be the most used character in DC animated movies that doesn't say a word.

Edit: Actually I remember Doomsday is a thing so maybe he's got her beat.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-06-2021 at 03:44 AM.

I mean the thing is with how much Supernatural Diana is it has to be also that. The best way would have it be yes she does live in D.C but there is also another place. Gateway City. Another city within a city. A supernatural place for magical beings. Diana isn't just a political figure. But much more. It has to show. I mean I guess it's the same with Diana Prince id. I mean I see why people dislike.

Hmm, seems like some details relating to Gadot's experience with Whedon on Justice League have surfaced.

knowledgeable source says Gadot had multiple concerns with the revised version of the film, including "issues about her character being more aggressive than her character in"Wonder Woman". She wanted to make the character flow from one movie to the next."

The biggest clash, sources say, came when Whedon pushed Gadot to record lines she didn't like, threatened to harm Gadot's career and disparaged Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins. While Fisher declines to discuss any of what transpired with Gadot, a witness on the production who later spoke to investigators says that after one clash, "Joss was bragging that he's had it out with Gal. He told her he's the writer and she's going to shut up and say the lines and he can make her look incredibly stupid in this movie."

A knowledgeable source says Gadot and Jenkins went to battle, culminating in a meeting with then-Warners chairman Kevin Tsujihara. Asked for comment, Gadot says in a statement: "I had my issues with [Whedon] and Warner Bros. handled it in a timely manner."

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That first sentence doesnt make any sense. If anything she was less aggressive in Joss's version and more aggressive in her original takes.

That first sentence doesnt make any sense. If anything she was less aggressive in Joss's version and more aggressive in her original takes.
    Yeah, I found that odd. I figured it would have been all of the perv shots that would have been her point of contention. Of course these are still just "sources" rather than directly from her so there's that also.

I suspect some of it might be just Whedon was more of an ass to work with apparently.

Maybe it was the scene where she slams Bruce for bringing up Steve Trevor?

Maybe Joss wanted her to curse.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

That is one of the biggest problems that I have with the first animated solo Wonder Woman movie. The fact that Gail Simone co-wrote the movie while also writing the Wonder Woman comic series at the same time. And as usual she gets depowered by losing her ability to fly? What was the reason for this? She had been doing this since the Justice League cartoons and they somehow forget this ability for her first solo movie? Did Gail Simone argue for or against this depowering?

And now the Justice Society movie in which we have only seen super jumps in the clips! Is this a subtle attempt to let people know that in the future don't assume she can fly because we don't want to associate her with Superman? Except for a cheesy plot device in WW84 have we seen her fly. And only because she hadn't figured that out when she jumps really high that she can use the 'wind' to fly! Good thing she needed Steve Trevor for that because 70 years of her jumping high and it hadn't occurred to her until then to let 'loose'. What is her excuse (besides directors and the DCEU at large) why she didn't fly with her first appearance in BvS and then Justice League?

Good thing DC comics and the media in general have a solid understanding about her powers. One would think they couldn't screw something as simple as that!