Page 187 of 772 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    from the scan you posted you are right it doesn't appear he was possessed.
    I do agree with you tho, storm is more powerful than strange, in the sense that while her power is innate and intrinsic to her own nature, strange is just a normal human, all his power comes from his studies and spiritual evolution, that’s why I consider a possessed strange a severely downgraded asset.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I do agree with you tho, storm is more powerful than strange, in the sense that while her power is innate and intrinsic to her own nature, strange is just a normal human, all his power comes from his studies and spiritual evolution, that’s why I consider a possessed strange a severely downgraded asset.
    I think the spiritual aspect may be hard to say though. the only time I can recall their will being compared was during the eternity housing feat and he basically said they were on the equivalent level. however, I would totally agree to your analysis regarding the source of their power.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

from the scan you posted you are right it doesn't appear he was possessed.

however this scan shows he was contained by the knull so he was still in his possession the one you just posted:

nevertheless, even if you remove him storm being stated to be stronger than the strongest members of the f4, Thor and hulk is certainly still a win!!
    On the topic of strange I am confused as in why he is such a fixation? His main source of power comes from the vishanti and they are headed by the elder goddess oshtur whom it has stated has a very strong affiliation with Storm's bloodline.

Like I said people will move heaven and earth to disprove this fact. But the truth is they aren't at fault.

Do you remember the feat where storm hurt silver surfer with a hydrogen bomb the writer stated after he received death threats, he stated clearly that there is a very subtle thing under the grievance a sort of displeasure at storm a black woman showcasing such power. If you look at most battle threads people who disagree with storm winning a battle try to go out of their way to humiliate her. They try! but fail. If it were rachel or jean that were possessed and we're stated to be the strongest many people won't object. If it were thor or hulk people will nod in approval. When we stated storm was omega they tried to take it away from her even after the official list they still try stating then why is she weak in the fox movies, or get beaten by weaker characters. Jean invaded knull's mind that was an amazing feat, but if storm struck him down with lightning people will loose their minds stating how PIS it is for her to do that.

There is wired double standard when it comes to storm and showcasing her power that's why after this "big story" the x office have planned for storm doesn't deliver I am honestly done buying comic books. Will just go to twitter and read storm related parts from storm accounts.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

thanks cj. I was more a fan of xmen tas i wish she was a teenager like the other characters and not made to be their babysitter as she was in evo. here is some of her nice moments in tas!!!

https://youtu.be/3fz93UFClpo
    Indeed we All grew up with the Animated 90’s classic storm and how cool and stern she was well represented!

Even if it was just a pilot episode and an Arcade game I still thought Pryde of the X-Men Storm was Really Cool Too, she might have been my very 1st Storm Ever!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    On the topic of strange I am confused as in why he is such a fixation? His main source of power comes from the vishanti and they are headed by the elder goddess oshtur whom it has stated has a very strong affiliation with Storm's bloodline.

Like I said people will move heaven and earth to disprove this fact. But the truth is they aren't at fault.

Do you remember the feat where storm hurt silver surfer with a hydrogen bomb the writer stated after he received death threats, he stated clearly that there is a very subtle thing under the grievance a sort of displeasure at storm a black woman showcasing such power. If you look at most battle threads people who disagree with storm winning a battle try to go out of their way to humiliate her. They try! but fail. If it were rachel or jean that were possessed and we're stated to be the strongest many people won't object. If it were thor or hulk people will nod in approval. When we stated storm was omega they tried to take it away from her even after the official list they still try stating then why is she weak in the fox movies, or get beaten by weaker characters. Jean invaded knull's mind that was an amazing feat, but if storm struck him down with lightning people will loose their minds stating how PIS it is for her to do that.

There is wired double standard when it comes to storm and showcasing her power that's why after this "big story" the x office have planned for storm doesn't deliver I am honestly done buying comic books. Will just go to twitter and read storm related parts from storm accounts.
    Do you know of the specific story that states Ororo is a descendant from Oshtur ? I've been looking for it and can't find anything.

And yes yes yes. Had this been any of those other characters im most certain there wouldn't be questions regarding the validity of the statement. This has been one of the positive takeaways from Hickman's storm. He has showcased her as a powerhouse creating shields and gaining the support of the entire shiar empire. I hope this trend continues.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed we All grew up with the Animated 90’s classic storm and how cool and stern she was well represented!

Even if it was just a pilot episode and an Arcade game I still thought Pryde of the X-Men Storm was Really Cool Too, she might have been my very 1st Storm Ever!

I loved pryde of the xmen storm. she wasn't taking any mess from the men on her team lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Do you know of the specific story that states Ororo is a descendant from Oshtur ? I've been looking for it and can't find anything.

And yes yes yes. Had this been any of those other characters im most certain there wouldn't be questions regarding the validity of the statement. This has been one of the positive takeaways from Hickman's storm. He has showcased her as a powerhouse creating shields and gaining the support of the entire shiar empire. I hope this trend continues.
    The mystic arcana issue one it is stated there the preference of oshtur for Storm's bloodline.

Yh that's true. Because I realized of all the xwomen. Storm has the biggest following and among all x characters she is second only to wolverine. And that is after writer's butchered the character for decades so imagine if they decide to push her as they do carol. As you are well aware storm has been soo prominent she has eclipsed wonder woman herself. They did it her creators vision to make her the most prominent woman in comics happened. Then it went downhill. But as I have noticed things lost can be restored. The mcu has done that for sooo many characters like carol, bucky, Jessica Jones, quake among others some though not house hold names still are still prominent than before.

Marvel did well they got their heroine, but cast her aside for a wonder woman archetype. I love carol but she feels too rehearsed like a merging of wonder woman and superman with a dash of martian man hunter. But she is there now and I love Brie and what she did with her. But the it girl the queen is storm. And that's hard since I will say marvel is better at establishing female heroes than DC.

Is that how they tie Storm into magic, through Oshtur? I have heard Storm invoke that name before.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is that how they tie Storm into magic, through Oshtur? I have heard Storm invoke that name before.
    She has actually never used the name Oshtur before. It has always been "The Bright Lady" that she uses. Its not definitive yet if that refers to Gaea or Oshtur. Whoever it was, they have appeared to her at least once in her youth( as an incarnation that looked just like her), and also came to her aid in an issue of Classic Xmen.
    Last edited by Saturius; 04-07-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Mystic Arcana had one story about Storm's ancestor who is a priest of Ma'at(which is Oshtur's Egyptian identity in MU.) And in Marvel Tarot, Storm is one of the prietess Cards.
    She is from a blessed bloodline, not a divine one though.(As in being an actual offspring of gods, she is from a line of priesthood.)

Again for Stephen, I think it's there is a difference between being a sorcerer serving Vishanti and a priest serving Oshtur. If anything Sorcerer Supreme fills the former role of Agamotto which is to defend Earth. Interesting enough, Agamotto and Hoggoth don't really show up alone in Earthlings' culture and religion.
    It's either Oshtur alone or Vishanti as a whole.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-07-2021 at 06:06 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Mystic Arcana had one story about Storm's ancestor who is a priest of Ma'at(which is Oshtur's Egyptian identity in MU.) And in Marvel Tarot, Storm is one of the prietess Cards.
    She is from a blessed bloodline, not a divine one though.(As in being an actual offspring of gods, she is from a line of priesthood.)
    This is an important distinction many seem to overlook.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The mystic arcana issue one it is stated there the preference of oshtur for Storm's bloodline.

Yh that's true. Because I realized of all the xwomen. Storm has the biggest following and among all x characters she is second only to wolverine. And that is after writer's butchered the character for decades so imagine if they decide to push her as they do carol. As you are well aware storm has been soo prominent she has eclipsed wonder woman herself. They did it her creators vision to make her the most prominent woman in comics happened. Then it went downhill. But as I have noticed things lost can be restored. The mcu has done that for sooo many characters like carol, bucky, Jessica Jones, quake among others some though not house hold names still are still prominent than before.

Marvel did well they got their heroine, but cast her aside for a wonder woman archetype. I love carol but she feels too rehearsed like a merging of wonder woman and superman with a dash of martian man hunter. But she is there now and I love Brie and what she did with her. But the it girl the queen is storm. And that's hard since I will say marvel is better at establishing female heroes than DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

Again for Stephen, I think it's there is a difference between being a sorcerer serving Vishanti and a priest serving Oshtur. If anything Sorcerer Supreme fills the former role of Agamotto which is to defend Earth. Interesting enough, Agamotto and Hoggoth don't really show up alone in Earthlings' culture and religion.
    It's either Oshtur alone or Vishanti as a whole.
    thank you both! that she has this connection to Maat and blessed by her bloodline could be what Mr Coates was hinting at in Black Panther when it was revealed she was a REAL GODDESS!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

I loved pryde of the xmen storm. she wasn't taking any mess from the men on her team lol
    Oh Indeed Butterflykyss Storm Takes Command of Situations she is in in the show and I like the sound effect that come out of her hads in the Danger Room from the Lighting, SO AWESOME!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Oh Indeed Butterflykyss Storm Takes Command of Situations she is in in the show and I like the sound effect that come out of her hads in the Danger Room from the Lighting, SO AWESOME!!

Why the Wendigo? She was catching the Master of Magnet with those Lightninf Tornadoes at the end. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

you are really bringing all the goodies today. this was the first xmen game I ever played!!! I never beat it lolol but thank you for sharing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    While that is true he is just a normal human being whose true power comes from knowledge squired. He still has said knowledge. As I stated before knull has extremely intimate access to the knowledge of all his avatars. So being in possession of strange doesn't change that fact. His occult knowledge is still accessible to knull at while he is possessed.

I also pointed out he is a primordial entity. He predates most if not all things. If he states that this person is strongest the person is the strongest no if or buts he doesn't need to lie after all he is above all of them.

Now I will like for the x office in particular Duggan to justify his claim to set you all at peace. He stated that she is the most powerful and he stated she is the omega's omega. So he now has to prove it not to me but to all the people who can't believe said statements. Because even as kyss and others pointed out she has yet to redeem herself against thor. This is the reason she being the omega weather manipulator was still a topic for debate. Thor has made temporal storms and beaten multiversal storms. Storm has yet to prove why she is the strongest weather manipulator in all of comics.