Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    New X-Men is a masterpiece

Now that is a hill that I will die on
    Oh, I love it too, I just guess I'm on the other side on this one.

LOL, I cannot believe that was in the solits

I feel like Covid really messed things up, but that's being charitable
    We can't blame everything on Covid (believe me I tried and my tardiness wasn't excused at work).
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I'm aboriginal so I'm black, stop twisting my words, I said his powers add nothing to the team as Rogue is there and they he was only chosen because of either his colour or his relationship to Laura.
    I thought this was obvious?

I Never think ill have to say this.

But Marvel. Kevin Feige, Quesada who ever decided this.

Thank you. Really thank you.

Rogue is getting back to Papa Duggan lml

BANNED

I would kill for an actual good Cyclops book, but maybe Duggan can do it.

I do like his Cable run, maybe he will delve into the Summer's family stuff
    Hickman did delved into Summers or Shir stuff. But he lacked depth & characterization. Vulcan was probably the closest he came to do something.I don't think he was invested in his own run. It isn't close to his previous runs.
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-16-2021 at 07:23 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That's no defense, in film if a director makes a gorgeous movie with cool ideas that tells no story it's still a bad movie, this is similar. There were other ways to accomplish this redefinition, like one-shots as I said.
    God, there are so many directors who make gorgeous films that are completely nonsensical

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Oh, I love it too, I just guess I'm on the other side on this one.

We can't blame everything on Covid (believe me I tried and my tardiness wasn't excused at work).
    LOL, true

I may not be african american but I'm aboriginal so I'm black, stop twisting my words, I said his powers add nothing to the team as Rogue is there and that he was only chosen because of either his colour or because of his relationship to Laura.
    This makes no sense. Given the actual story laura would be there because of her connection to him. Without synch her healing doesn't extend to others, she has no history of the vault or anything else. Without synch laura is offering the least in this team of power houses. I like laura but that is a fact. So it does seem a little weird you would target in on Synch if you have actually been reading the books. On this team Laura has offered nothing to Krakoa so far.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I may not be african american but I'm aboriginal so I'm black, stop twisting my words, I said his powers add nothing to the team as Rogue is there and that he was only chosen because of either his colour or because of his relationship to Laura.
    But why would you even imply this? You could have just as easily said that Rogue was redundant especially because she was already on a team book (albeit not a great one and I'm glad that she's free).

I'm not twisting anyone's words. You're the one who connected his placement on his team to race and not Duggan actually wanting to write the character. Which he does based on his tweets. https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...90307890614276

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Gabby and Gambit better make a lot of cameos!
    YES! And more YES!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This makes no sense. Given the actual story laura would be there because of her connection to him. Without synch her healing doesn't extend to others, she has no history of the vault or anything else. Without synch laura is offering the least in this team of power houses. I like laura but that is a fact. So it does seem a little weird you would target in on Synch if you have actually been reading the books. On this team Laura has offered nothing to Krakoa so far.
    Laura has zero connection to him

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Hickman did delved into Summers or Shir stuff. But he lacked depth & characterization. Vulcan was probably the closest he came to do something.I don't think he was invested in his own run. It isn't close to his previous runs.
    This run really pales in contrast to his FF and even the avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

Laura also offers the least to the team. She can heal herself. The truth of the matter is laura is on this team because of synch. People can pretend it's the other way around all they want. He has info and the power.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

They did not bring him on to do a run on one or two books. They brought him on to set up a new era, milk it dry, and sell stuff based on his name. All of his other stuff pretty much got to be left alone, this is just about propping up a bunch of other books that would not have any interest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Laura also offers the least to the team. She can heal herself. The truth of the matter is laura is on this team because of synch. People can pretend it's the other way around all they want. He has info and the power.
    Well she doesn't need him, she can have a solo like the did many times. It really reduces her as a only love interest, really bad stuff she already outgrew

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    But why would you even imply this? You could have just as easily said that Rogue was redundant especially because she was already on a team book (albeit not a great one and I'm glad that she's free).

I'm not twisting anyone's words. You're the one who connected his placement on his team to race and not Duggan actually wanting to write the character. Which he does based on his tweets. https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...90307890614276
    I implied this because Rogue is a very popular character and is a no brainer for selection, Synch is a nobody, I would have much preferred Bishop as Storm is unavailable, anyways.
    Synch was just added to continue his relationship with Laura.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

I am happy we got two powerful characters of people of color - Synch and Sunfire.
    I hope they flesh these guys out.
    I’m looking to see if Marvel can make Sunfire more interesting than some post-world war 2 trope.

Well she doesn't need him, she can have a solo like the did many times. It really reduces her as a only love interest, really bad stuff she already outgrew
    Cool all i know is there has been no Laura data pages or nothing that makes her important in THIS era so far. So keep pushing.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.