Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Teela's fine, and I can't help wondering if people would be this outraged if it was Man-at-Arms having this character arc and not her.
    I've recently seen the new season of an anime (Pokemon) where fans complaint a lot because a new male character has "stolen" the spotlight from the usual main character.

So, I think these complaints would still exist if a male character take the protagonist from He-Man/Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've recently seen the new season of an anime (Pokemon) where fans complaint a lot because a new male character has "stolen" the spotlight from the usual main character.

So, I think these complaints would still exist if a male character take the protagonist from He-Man/Adam.
    She's not a new character. Teela has always been a main character with He-man and Skeletor.

I'd see the comparison if they replaced He-Man with a completely new character, but they didn't.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Reading the controversy currently going on it's ironic that this thread is (wrongly) titled "He-Man: Revelation"
    Yeah, Im looking at that now and wondering why I titled it that....

I enjoyed the series. I loooooooooved the transformation. Chris Wood killed the I have the Power line. I thought Teela was a bit out of line to react the way she did WHEN she did, but hey, take it from a guy who has broken the trust of a few women in my life time, her reaction to go scorched earth on everything and everyone magic, I can buy it.

Loved catching up with the characters after the time jump. Triclops was great.

Orka/Evil Lynn had a great relationship journey.

Man at Arms, loved him.

I can understand on some levels people feeling a bait and switch on things, from a marketing standpoint because HeMan was prominently displayed, but in watching the series I am more than fine with what we got and the great cliffhanger it left on.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Now this is interesting. Grace Randolph didn't like it,and usually she is an easy mark for stuff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Klz6kd4Gw4
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Either I didnt get why no one told her and Randor Adams secret or it wasn't explained yet. Marlena not telling her husband the secret is...I don't know...I would tell my wife. Cant wrap my head around it.
    Has someone an answer for me?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Has someone an answer for me?
    There's plenty of stuff my wife knows about our kids that I don't. and vice versa. Now it may not be the level of our kid turns into a near godlike form that risks their life daily to battle the forces of evil, but in principal still the same thing. Parents keep their kids secrets at times.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    There's plenty of stuff my wife knows about our kids that I don't. and vice versa. Now it may not be the level of our kid turns into a near godlike form that risks their life daily to battle the forces of evil, but in principal still the same thing. Parents keep their kids secrets at times.
    Yes and no. Depends on how you handle that. That would explain why the Queen didnt tell the King about it. Maybe she has her reasons, because she knew how foolish he is sometimes (if he is, or he would have made Adam a weapon, or whatever comes to mind)

But why leaving Teela out of it? She is Adams best friend, next to Orko and Man at Arms and Cringer.

Arrow

Rob Burnett has an interesting take on both this series and fan outrage in general. I recommend anyone interested give him a watch as he is fair-minded and balanced (about most subjects other than New Trek lol). He also peppers some humor into his analysis and insider tidbits. -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    She's not a new character. Teela has always been a main character with He-man and Skeletor.

I'd see the comparison if they replaced He-Man with a completely new character, but they didn't.
    In the example of Pokemon, they don't replaced the main character with a new character. The new male character just became a co-protagonist. However, fans still complaint because the old main character lost part of the focus.

You were wondering if Man-at-Arms having this character arc would cause this outrage. I think these complaints would still exist, since He-Man fans will be angry that he doesn't have the main focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Rob Burnett has an interesting take on both this series and fan outrage in general. I recommend anyone interested give him a watch as he is fair-minded and balance (about most subjects). He also peppers some humor into his analysis and insider tidbits. -

Isn't that the dude that's been absolutely dragging Discovery, Picard and Lower Decks and IN Abrams Trek? I guess it's easier to be calm and collected when it isn't your fave franchise. I'll give it a go...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

People like the side haircut?

Sorry, but its a style I've never been a fan of. No matter who wears it. If its some side character that's only there for a short time, okay. But a main character? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Isn't that the dude that's been absolutely dragging Discovery, Picard and Lower Decks and IN Abrams Trek? I guess it's easier to be calm and collected when it isn't your fave franchise. I'll give it a go...
    Haha, yeah he hates them but he was a consultant for years on Trek so he has street cred as they say. I suppose he can treat He Man more balanced because he admits he does not care about the franchise even though he was a researcher on the book about the toys years ago.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Sorry, but its a style I've never been a fan of. No matter who wears it. If its some side character that's only there for a short time, okay. But a main character? Nope.
    My mind kept going to this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

That haircut has dominated the decade.

Astonishing Member

To get upset because of a side hair cut? Please....thats just simple minded.