Default Detective Comics #986 Preview/Discussion

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/dc...tective-comics

It's the second to last issue of On The Outside and the team up between Batman, Black Lightning, Orphan, and Batgirl continues. Here's the new preview, let us discuss. Katana may pop up this issue.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-06-2018 at 03:05 PM.

This was ... disappointing. A lot of the characters trait are lost and the issue felt very rushed. Karma didn’t feel as threatening as before either. The art was really cool at the fight between Batman and Karma, and some nice panels here and there, though Bruce looked odd at the end. Bruce being extremely dick over Barbara is my biggest complaint
    Last edited by Chubistian; 08-08-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Double post
    Last edited by Chubistian; 08-08-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I’m surprised that none of the characters mentioned how Cassandra revealed her face to those kids. You know they are going blab and the words going to ge out about what Orphan looks like.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 08-08-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    I’m surprised that none of the characters mentioned how Cassandra revealed her face to those kids. You know they are going blab and the words going to ge out about what Orphan looks like.
    I think those kids would be so scared that they wouldn't bother to mention how she looks.

Also not everybody knows who those kids are.

Bruce being extremely dick over Barbara is my biggest complaint
    Well she's use to it and eventually defies him anyway.

Now-why is Duke in this??? Was Michael Lane or Luke Fox THAT busy to get fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think those kids would be so scared that they wouldn't bother to mention how she looks.

Also not everybody knows who those kids are.
    Maybe not immediately, but when things calm down they’ll talk. This is the age of social media so word will spread far and wide. Unless this ends up like Spider-Man 2 situation where they kept their mouths shut out of gratitude.

Last edited by Divine Spark; 08-08-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Maybe not immediately, but when things calm down they’ll talk. This is the age of social media so word will spread far and wide. Unless this ends up like Spider-Man 2 situation where they kept their mouths shut out of gratitude.

I was thinking they were thinking along Spiderman 2 logic. Plus, they're kids in a traumatic situation, maybe they'll forget the details.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    why is Duke in this??? Was Michael Lane or Luke Fox THAT busy to get fridge?
    Well Azreal is about to be in space (or already in space at the time of this story) but they easily could have had Luke bite the bullet on this one instead of hyping Duke in the solicits and benching him immediately. I honestly would have preferred if they left him out of the issue entirely instead of including him as an afterthought. I was excited that they were including him in this arc but this whole thing has been a bummer in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I was thinking they were thinking along Spiderman 2 logic. Plus, they're kids in a traumatic situation, maybe they'll forget the details.
    They’ll remember the face of their savior, but that won’t be enough to ID might be the reasoning. Just look at the Zodiac Killer who has a facial composite and law enforcement still haven’t found out he’s identity after several decades. Cass is a very obscure person that keeps a low profile and law enforcement isn’t trying to ID the Bat family. So Cass can afford a few people seeing her face seeing how her identity is even less likely to be found out than the Zodiac’s
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 08-08-2018 at 08:54 PM.