Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'll have to see if they have a tumblr, but I found this deviantart for it: https://atleastimalive.deviantart.co...ewed-661201909
    Good...

I prefer deviantart than tumblr.. thanks to supersons bromance.. I never found this funny..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-21-2018 at 03:08 PM.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I gotta say Hardy was quite good as Bane despite the character not feeling like Bane when he is an unrealistic character when it could had been Riddler for Dark Knight 3 with Ventriloquist.
    Neither of those villains really fit the requirements that Nolan wanted (Villain that could pose a physical threat to Batman)

Extraordinary Member

I've always thought Hardy managed to emphasize the intellectual and competitive aspects of the character that almost all other representations of the character in media ignore. Bane's a physical threat to Batman, but he's as far from a dumb thug as you can get, and he's not just physically dangerous because of the Venom.

I sometimes think people are too quick to overlook the part of Bane's chronology where he'd kicked his addiction to Venom, and was still dangerous enough to come with inches of beating Batman in a fistfight on a burning boat, only to survive, half-reform, and decide that he'd be best served in making sure Ra's Al Ghul died by destroying his Lazarus Pits, knowing that time would finish his job for him.

Bane, in my opinion, should always be written with his intelligence, willpower, and personality in mind first and his physical capabilities second. Like when I first read Greg Rucka's No Man's Land novelization, and you spend two chapters with this cultured and charismatic mercenary Lex Luthor is hiring to mess up Gotham, and only realize after he's eaten a table's worth of gourmet food and mentioned breaking the Bat that it's Bane.

And then the book makes Batman negotiating with Bane while the latter is drinking a beer an awesome scene.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Source of this? Is funny..

bane plastic man.jpg

BANNED

Spectacular Member

amazing villain, I probably prefer him over the joker, just is a lot more relatable and formidable.
    Check Out My Batman Canon Read Through And Review Here, From Year One all the way to Rebirth

Batman Canon Read Through And Review

I'm Also On Patreon. This all goes towards buying new graphic novels so if you like my reviews please pledge whatever you can. Thank you.

Deffinition Patreon

Batman Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Screen Shot 013.jpg

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I think I'm behind in Bane Conquest, but I'm so eager to read it all in one sitting on trade.

I've been really excited by Bane since King IMHO fixed him and put him back in villain territory.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

The solicit for issue #11 of Conquest looks like he's back in the OG mask.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    The solicit for issue #11 of Conquest looks like he's back in the OG mask.
    Oh my, didn't notice that until now. I appreciate that Nolan preferred the open mouth mask (and the ability to do more expressive face stuff), but I think he doesn't appreciate how much Bane fans like the original mask.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Screen Shot 013.jpg
    Wow, that's pretty great!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Oh my, didn't notice that until now. I appreciate that Nolan preferred the open mouth mask (and the ability to do more expressive face stuff), but I think he doesn't appreciate how much Bane fans like the original mask.
    Yeah - the open mouth mask just breaks up the scariness of the mouthless mask.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

Screen Shot 013.jpg
    OMG, that's insane.

Nothing important, I saw him in the 11 Most Popular Comic Book Characters Created in the Past 25 years:

https://www.newsarama.com/25467-10-m...-years.html#s1

Finally I could enjoy an issue of Bane Conquest. It’s been a while, but #10 showed that Dixon still can write something interesting and the return of the old mask was a plus too. Let’s see if it can keep the level or go even further
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Dixon recently said on a podcast that Batman and Bane's conflict in the finale will have fans arguing for years. I'm quite intrigued...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord