Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Though I know they won't, "Bring back Mar-vell!!!"

With all this talk of a big Marvel announcement, and big changes and legacy, I decided to give my fondest hope voice that they find a way to bring back Mar-vell, notice I didn't call him by his super hero name, because there is 0% chance since Marvel Comics has been pushing Carol harder than the WWE pushes Cena and Roman Reigns. However I don't care about the name I care about the character and while I have no reason to believe that Marvel comics will ever do anything but give out red herrings where he is concerned, I refuse to be one of those guys that complains about politics but doesn't vote. I might by multiple copies of the Captain Marvel/Captain Marvel Generations book but I won't be buying anything else related to Captain Marvel not out of spite but because outside of Ultimates her stuff isn't moving me right now.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I really don't think that Marvel has that much regard for Mar-Vell that they'd consider him to be a ''beloved mainstay'' that will ''break the internet'' with his return. So I don't think the big announcement is going to be about him. That being said, I'm intrigued by the Carol/Mar-Vell Generations book, because all of the other Generations books that involve time-travel make that very clear in their soliciation, while this one doesn't. As a matter of fact, it claims that their reunion will be ''impossible'', making me think that it takes place in the present. So IF (and that's a big IF) Mar-Vell should be brought back, I could see it happening in that one-shot, but even then I won't be surprised if it just turns out to be an impostor (which would defeat the whole purpose of the ''legacy hero'' story) or if he just dies again at the end of the story (which at this point would be a messed up fetish Marvel has when it comes to him).

Bottom line is, I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

He died of cancer. If he comes back by means of resurrection rather than time travel or a skrull duplicate (which was how they did it last time), then it would nullify Thor's story, as Jane could be saved the same way. Not a good idea.

Oh Jane isn't going to die, or at least not permanently.

Did you read her latest issue. Her cancer has spread. How do they end that storyline now without killing her?

I don't know what mechanism they're going to use but Aaron's changes to Mjolnir's origin seem to me to be geared toward a permanent shift of ownership. That suggests to me she's staying around.

I don't care how they resurrect them I'd love for a book called Marvels about Mar-Vell and his children Genis, Phyla, and Teddy. I'm all for Carol to maintain the title Captain Marvel it would be silly to think she'd lose it with a film coming our but I'd love for a book concentrating on this family.

They should. Maybe the Captain Marvel title would actually sell with an interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Maybe the Captain Marvel title would actually sell with an interesting character.
    Then why are you suggesting for them to bring back Mar-Vell?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Then why are you suggesting for them to bring back Mar-Vell?
    Because he's 10 times more interesting than Carol. No offense.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

It's funny that you say no offense yet you Carol haters are always the most offended individuals since you guys get so offended by the very presence of Carol Danvers as captain marvel or in general by marvel's push of the character and it's well it's kinda sad really.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 06-22-2017 at 04:40 PM.

I know what you meant. I was just throwing some shade to be real cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    It's funny that you say no offense yet you Carol haters are always the most offended individuals since you guys get so offended by the very presence of Carol Danvers as captain marvel or in general by marvel's push of the character and it's well it's kinda sad really.
    You must by talking about someone else. I couldn't care less about Carol. Her push doesn't affect me. I'm just wondering why they still don't get it after 3 relaunch. Trying with another character might be a good solution.

BANNED

Marvel doesn't want people to remember that Carol isn't the original Captain Marvel, or the best. Hell I wouldn't even put her in my top 3. Phyla is still dead, and Monica is relegated to fringe titles. Also Carol fans probably don't want him back (not true for all fans though, I'm sure) because they think he would steal some of her thunder or something. Even after all the ridiculous push Marvel has been giving her she needs all the help she can get and can't even maintain a 20k readership. If I could, I'd put money down on Mar-Vell not even being mentioned in Carol's movie.

That being said, even though I love Mar-Vell, he had his story and it was great. It's over. There's not much need to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did you read her latest issue. Her cancer has spread. How do they end that storyline now without killing her?
    That's the real problem i have with jane being thor; they safdled her with an almost impossible to beat disease. What anout remission?