Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    At the end of time runs out.... time will run out and earth 616 will be destroyed. Rabum Alal wins. Everything dies. The surviving pieces of the multiversr are glued together like a puzzle on battleworld.

So during Secret Wars there are no more books cause there is no marvel universe.

Think about it as Age of Apocalypse which ended the x-line for four months. Same thing. Everything will be Secret Wars until it ends and All New Marvel begins.
    Interesting theory.

Mighty Member

I really like Jessica's new costume. IMO, it makes her feel younger and gives her that extra spunk

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Please. Enough with the practicality.

We're reading COMIC BOOKS, not Tom Clancy novels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thethanosseed View Post
    Looks like Cage is going to stay inverted.
    I do wonder how they'll try to keep that up, especially with the kid in tow.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I really like her costume. IMO, it makes her feel younger and gives her that extra spunk
    It's half an obvious rip from Batgirl's jacket, the other half more standard issue common unitard colorblocking and flat socks. Just so dull.

Spunkier would mean cooler boots.

"practical". I hate how this word now seems to mean "cishetmalegazeproof".
    A super hero costume is not supposed to be practical. If it was "really" practical, it would be boring because then mostcharacters would be wearing the same kind of stuff.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

My theory about Secret Wars is far simpler - latest Incursion is 616 and 1610, the heroes of both universes clearly don't want to kill each other, Beyonder is revealed as the mastermind overseeing the Incursions, both universes blow up, then it's revealed the 'losing' universes which Beyonder thinks most interesting makes up his new Battleworld.

And in my opinion the best and balliest way for Secret Wars to end is leaving Battleworld as it is, with the numerous realities and character interacting togethjer in the aftermath of defeating the Beyonder, and characters like Ultron, the Marvel Zombies, AOA Apoc and Maestro to act as enemies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    It's half an obvious rip from Batgirl's jacket, the other half more standard issue common unitard colorblocking and flat socks. Just so dull.

Spunkier would mean cooler boots.
    No Doc Martens, no sale, huh?

BANNED

They'll do anything not to call it a reboot won't they.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    "practical". I hate how this word now seems to mean "cishetmalegazeproof".
    A super hero costume is not supposed to be practical. If it was "really" practical, it would be boring because then mostcharacters would be wearing the same kind of stuff.
    Same. It's like the Resident Evil games. The first few games the characters all had interesting non-practical looks. Now they all dress like military commandos to keep a more practical look. Which dulls the fantasy and allure of the characters, imo.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

I'm glad he at least said there's nothing wrong with the superhero spandex look.

Said it better than I ever did. I read comics for fantastic situations. My favorite hero Spider-Man swings around NYC wearing the least practical outfit a superhero really could wear. I'm obviously not reading comics for the realism.

And honestly, I expect the practicality to be solely when the comics get on the silver screen. That's when I'm like, "Yeah, I understand why they're redesigning it to make sense."
    Last edited by thecrimson; 12-19-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Fantastic Member 50yearoldNovafan's Avatar

[QUOTE=tori pagac;795082]
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ugh, this is going to end his marriage with Jessica until their series start, isn't it?

Also I would love to know which people apparently love Drew's new costume, I honestly find it very meh and certainly nothing as iconic as her classic attire (despite the writer insisting it's like DD going from yellow to red, which is just amusing). And there seems to be a lot who feel the same way.

that's how i feel
    I do not like the new suit at all. The one she wears is iconic. Shoot, he said she has been wearing her current uniform for X number of years. Well, so has Spiderman, Cap, and many others. Some would say their uniforms have changed, but they are mostly tiny tweaks.

I really don't like the sounds of Secret Wars.

Sounds like it's just gonna make every book just grim.

Amazing Member

It's very, very strange that Marvel is coping DC when it's winning so solidly market share-wise.

All I see with that map is a rip off of the New 52

retsalp

Exactly! How many more iconic characters are they going to ruin?