Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But looking at those rankings, it doesn't seem that Marvel overshipped ALL their titles in January.

I stand to be corrected but many titles dollar ranking does seem to correspond with their unit ranking.
    yeah outside of a few notable exceptions, ti seemed rather consistent

i'd imagine the USAvenges was overshipped (but still sold enough to be #2 anyway) and then some of the failing titles but other than that, at a glance... doesn't seem to be much fo a difference
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If you throw out #1's, star wars, and events... top 15 books at Marvel sales wise are

1. Amazing Spider-Man
    2. Venom
    3. Unworthy Thor
    4. Spider-Man (miles)
    5. Mighty Thor
    6. Spider-Man/Deadpool
    7. OML
    8. Avengers
    9. Invinsible Iron Man
    10. Steve Rogers
    11. Deadpool
    12. Doctor Strange
    13. Uncanny X-Men
    14. Black Panther
    15. EXM

(left off double ships just to focus on the different books)
    I'm amazed that some legacy characters like Jane, Miles, and Riri can do be better than Rodgers, BP, Strange, and even Deadpool.
    Also Rich fans are just a loud minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I'm amazed that some legacy characters like Jane, Miles, and Riri can do be better than Rodgers, BP, Strange, and even Deadpool.
    Also Rich fans are just a loud minority.
    Jane, Miles, and Riri also have probably the two biggest writers are Marvel these days (Bendis and Aaron)

I am stunned Venom is doing so well though???

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And those store owners are obviously having serious recall bias because

Share of Dollars

Marvel 37.09%

DC 28.93%

we know for a fact that Marvel is selling better than DC lol. Its right there.

The issue really is... is Marvel selling AT MAXIMUM CAPACITY. Meaning are they reaching their full potential of sales across their line. and THAT is a more interesting discussion that Bleeding Cool things that are 100% not true because WE HAVE THOSE NUMBERS.
    Also taking in to consideration that that almost all DC books sell for 25% less than Marvel and after taking away Star Wars, Dr Aphra, US Avengers and Captain Marvel (shinny #1s with loads of variants). I know people that bought over 50 copies of US Avengers #1 . It may be that the two are closer than those numbers show.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

I am stunned Venom is doing so well though???
    Yeah, i've heard very little about this and the little that I have was middling at best. No clue where this is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Yeah, i've heard very little about this and the little that I have was middling at best. No clue where this is coming from.
    The announcement of the anniversary issue and Eddie Brock getting the Symbiote back might have bolstered the order numbers a bit.

At least, that's the only thing I can think of...

I expected IvX and Civil War II Oath to have better sales.

Infamous Iron Man is managing to keep up.

Well it is difficult to be sure if we do not know about the digital copies sold but nothing surprising so far.

And people do not have to worry about Mosaic and MG maybe they can have good digital sales and marvel does not want to give up these characters so easy.

Incredible even with bad stories and all the mess involving another plot extinction and the Inhumans I'm surprised the X-men get a top 15 with so many releases and new characters and comics by marvel.

And Ressurection is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    They have been hinting at the Eddie Brock Venom return so it has peak a few interest.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Also taking in to consideration that that almost all DC books sell for 25% less than Marvel and after taking away Star Wars, Dr Aphra, US Avengers and Captain Marvel (shinny #1s with loads of variants). I know people that bought over 50 copies of US Avengers #1 . It may be that the two are closer than those numbers show.
    Marvel consistently pumps out shiny new #1's and variants. at this point, that is a business decision, not a gimmick.

Marvel consistently pumps out shiny new #1's and variants. at this point, that is a business decision, not a gimmick.
    Not only that, it appears to be working.

If you throw out #1's, star wars, and events... top 15 books at Marvel sales wise are

1. Amazing Spider-Man
    2. Venom
    3. Unworthy Thor
    4. Spider-Man (miles)
    5. Mighty Thor
    6. Spider-Man/Deadpool
    7. OML
    8. Avengers
    9. Invinsible Iron Man
    10. Steve Rogers
    11. Deadpool
    12. Doctor Strange
    13. Uncanny X-Men
    14. Black Panther
    15. EXM

(left off double ships just to focus on the different books)
    You forgot Amazing Spider-Man: RYV, it should be #14, unless you're leaving out AU books.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yeah I mean it looks like they stopped overshipping several titles, most notably GLA and Mosaic.
    Iirc, they're doing 10% line-wide overship for January 2017 versus 50-100% overship on select titles only in December 2016.

USAvengers has tons of variants (including the state variants).
    Last edited by rui no onna; 02-20-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Great position for MIghty Captain Marvel! YES
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by RafDanvers View Post
    Great position for MIghty Captain Marvel! YES
    Actually... no.

Captain Marvel #1 in Jan 2016 opened at 52,972 (before overshipping was so common)

The Mighty Captain Marvel #1, after a year long push by Marvel, including being front and center of a Bendis event... 48,519

They haven't been able to get her to click. IDK what more than can actually do other than wait until Infinity War movie and/or throw Bendis or Aaron or someone like that on teh book.

Actually... no.

Captain Marvel #1 in Jan 2016 opened at 52,972 (before overshipping was so common)

The Mighty Captain Marvel #1, after a year long push by Marvel, including being front and center of a Bendis event... 48,519

They haven't been able to get her to click. IDK what more than can actually do other than wait until Infinity War movie and/or throw Bendis or Aaron or someone like that on teh book.
    I'm kind of surprised they haven't thrown any of their known sellers on a Captain Marvel book at this point, though I guess if they really want the book reserved for a female creative team...